Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam7867

changes in diet stopped hairloss but not my acne

I'm following a sugar free, dairy free, gluten free diet..basically i eat nothing apart from fruits and vegetables, in the morings i have lemon juice (squeeze juice out of a lemon and into boiiling water), i wait one hour and then have my breakfast....boiled eggs with lettuce, tuna and sweetcorn, i dont have lunch because i have my breakfast quite late...but if i'm hungry i'll eat a bowl of fruit and pumpkin seeds and brazil nuts..in the evenings i have fish and boiled vegetables, i also have a cucumber and carrot smoothie in the evenings. i'm taking the following supplements : opti-zinc, vit c, saw palmetto, and cod liver oil, instead of seeing an improvement in my acne i have seen a huge improvement in my hair...i no longer suffer from severe head hairloss, but i would be over the moon if my diet helped my acne

Edited by sam7867

I'm following a sugar free, dairy free, gluten free diet..basically i eat nothing apart from fruits and vegetables, in the morings i have lemon juice (squeeze juice out of a lemon and into boiiling water), i wait one hour and then have my breakfast....boiled eggs with lettuce, tuna and sweetcorn, i dont have lunch because i have my breakfast quite late...but if i'm hungry i'll eat a bowl of fruit and pumpkin seeds and brazil nuts..in the evenings i have fish and boiled vegetables, i also have a cucumber and carrot smoothie in the evenings. i'm taking the following supplements : opti-zinc, vit c, saw palmetto, and cod liver oil, instead of seeing an improvement in my acne i have seen a huge improvement in my hair...i no longer suffer from severe head hairloss, but i would be over the moon if my diet helped my acne

What kind of hair loss did you have? MPB? Just curious. Congrats on your diet, that takes dedication (way more than I have).

What kind of hair loss did you have? MPB? Just curious. Congrats on your diet, that takes dedication (way more than I have).

I had very severe head hairloss, i always believed it was child birth hairloss because i noticed more was coming out after i had my daughter four years ago...i lost 85% of my hair (i swear i'm not kidding...i had the most thickest hair ever and after having my daughter it fell so much and i had bold patches everywhere) i'm not sure if it was MPB but i did lose alot of hair from the top but it also thinned from other areas on my head ...i was also on the birth control pill for three years and its been exactly one year since i stopped taking the evil pill (i had soo severe side effects including severe headaches, dry eyes, severe leg pains, constipation, vomitting, severe head hairloss, my body always felt pregnant when i was on the pill...i tried soo many different ones too). i had blood tests and my results were coming back normal, my doctor told me that theres absolutely nothing she can do about it, i was devastated :( after i came of the pill my hair started to fall out even more and thats when i changed my diet and its been 6 months and my hair no longer falls (i'm definitely sure its the diet thats stopped the hairloss). the only advantage of the pill was it controlled my acne and i got my monthly periods but other than that it was awful, i havent been diagnosed but i'm certain i have PCOS (i'm normal weight, but have irregular periods, acne and hirsutism :(