Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Due to an increase in dry, flaky skin I have decided to start exfoliating once a week. I just used Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub for the first time. It seemed to remove most of my dry skin, although when I used my Olay moisturizer my skin stung a bit. It may just be irritation due to the fact that my skin has been very dry lately, and it is not used to exfoliation since I rarely do it.

So, name some of your favorite exfoliators, please! I want to see what you guys are using. Maybe there is something better out there I could try.

I got a sample of Mychelle's Pumpkin Enzyme mask in a kit a while back and I must say...

Best.Stuff.Ever.

It's really mild in terms of exfoliation,but it does leave your skin smooth without irritation! PLUS it smells like pumpkin pie.How awesome is that?

I got a sample of Mychelle's Pumpkin Enzyme mask in a kit a while back and I must say...

Best.Stuff.Ever.

It's really mild in terms of exfoliation,but it does leave your skin smooth without irritation! PLUS it smells like pumpkin pie.How awesome is that?

That would make me hungry. :P

My exfoliator is Avon's Anew Clinical Retexturizing Peel. It's a 10% glycolic acid product. I like it muchly.

I just use a facial brush every now and then and love it!

Would never have tried it without this site.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I used to use Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub, and loved it. But I got a Clarisonic Mia as a gift, and that's been doing a great job at keeping flakes at bay, so I haven't needed my scrub since.

News Flash:

The Target store in my area is selling a package of 2 full size Aveeno Skin brightening scrubs for $9!!!!!! Act now?!

I like Kate Somerville ExfoliKate & Peter Thomas Roth Botanical buffing beads. I will also use Clean & Clear in shower citrus facial.

:)

Garnier Pure's 3-in-1 cleanser, scrub exfoliator.

Contains salicylic acid, natural clay and zinc and I believe eucalyptus( I definitely smell and feel it tingling). I find it to be gentle yet effective. It's one of those products I kept running back too when others didn't work( and I've tried many!!)It's a clay mask Wich is proven to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone and excess oil, a cleanser Wich is proven to reduce excess sebum and a exfoliator Wich is proven to Unclog pores! I've never had oily skin so I can't personally say it works for that but I have seen my skin become more evened out and I haven't broken out in what seems like forever! So it must be working! I definitely recommend this product!

I just recently picked up the moisturizer, Its alright can't say I love it but I'll use it a while more and then judge.

Goodluck!

Edited by NnR

Soap and Glory Fab Pore Facial Peel!

Just a note that whilst it sounds like it is going to be a mask you apply and peel off, it's actually a creamy mask with bursting beads which you need to wash/wipe off with a cloth.

It is not an exfoliator like St Ives which has the grainy texture but rather exfoliates with the salicylic acid.

Been using it for around 5 months, and it is fantastic!

My skin type for everywhere on my face (excluding chin) is dry/normal and quite sensitive to perfumes etc. For some reason this product leaves my skin feeling really nice, pores are so much better (They were left a tad more visible that I liked after an allergic reaction to a face scrub)

It does not leave my skin at all red/sensitive or tight.