Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aviont

How does it take to cure cystic acne?

I have been suffering from acne problems since i was 14. now iam 18, at first it blackheads appeared on my forehead then these acne problem started. Now my forehead is quite clear but cheeks r no longer cheeks! they can be misunderstood by acne vulgaris. Iam using medication after visting a dermatilogist for 8weeks, since then improvement is rarely like 5%. Iam daily using Benezoyl peroxide n taking orally azithral 500 3days a week, as suggested by the derm. Can anyone please suggest me what can do now, coz i have made myself aloof from everybody. I literally can't show my face. Should i change my derm. or anything i can do?

1: don't stress out because it doesn't help

2: listen to your derm

3: don't pick or pop your acne!

4: eat healthy and excercise :)

5: try and keep your hands off your face, as much as possible

6: don't use hot water to wash your face. Use warm water

Don't let the acne take hold of you! Have faith in your derm. try not stare at yourself in the mirror

forever thinking/saying to yourself "when are these gonna go away?!" Doing that just adds to the stress.

I have been suffering from acne problems since i was 14. now iam 18, at first it blackheads appeared on my forehead then these acne problem started. Now my forehead is quite clear but cheeks r no longer cheeks! they can be misunderstood by acne vulgaris. Iam using medication after visting a dermatilogist for 8weeks, since then improvement is rarely like 5%. Iam daily using Benezoyl peroxide n taking orally azithral 500 3days a week, as suggested by the derm. Can anyone please suggest me what can do now, coz i have made myself aloof from everybody. I literally can't show my face. Should i change my derm. or anything i can do?

dude, i feel you man... my story seems like the exact replicate of yours.... havent met family except mum for years!!! started at 14 with blackheads now its what they call "the scar face"... and i am 18...with acne showing no signs of slowing.... anyways... the guy above me mentioned stress...etc...do this do that... believ...you could go do yoga fo 365 days.... be vegetarian...etc...it will only make yr acne better...but will never cure it....

you really want yr acne gone...? i suggest you go to a different derm.... make sure he prescribes you accutane (WHICH I AM NOT A FAN OFF)...solely because it is a cure(but yr acne must be bad enough to want him to prescribe...or go low dose........ but remember it will almost definitely come back the acne..... and its costly....

or you could go check out the other theores on the message boards...like over masturbation etc.....it could help you work....

If your new to acne.org... i suggest take a day off and read up on most of the threads... it gives you invaluble knowedge to help yu get rid of it...

cheers

Thank u for ur suggestions guys.. it really feels good when i can share my problem with someone who has personally experianced it, cause others can only sympathise upon me or laugh out in my back! I will try my best to go into a healthy diet and healthy mind, and decided on switching my derm. Heard lot of good info. about accutane on the message boards here, lets see if i can convince the other derm. for prescribing accutane.

Happy to find a site like this..