Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cnosyt

Clenia/Klaron and Retin-A/Ziana

Around four weeks ago I switched to sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur wash. In doing so I also started using Clenia(sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur emollient cream) in the morning and have continued using Ziana(which I have been using for around 6 months). Another dermatologist who I visited for reasons outside my acne really wants me to try using Klaron, which is a sodium sulfacetamide lotion. He suggests dropping everything else and using this twice a day. I would much rather incorporate it into my new regiment as it has been working. Is there anyway to apply sodium sulfacetamide lotions and retin-a at the same time or would they just counter-act each other?

I use sulfacetamide in the morning and retin-a at night, and that already dries my skin pretty good (I have to put a little moisteruizer on after the sulfacetamide). My thinking is that the sulfacetamide and the retin-a together may be too drying, but I am not sure as I have not tried it, so its just my guess. Good luck though.