Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can't believe this... I haven't eaten for two days, I'm incredibly hungry and tired and I'M STILL FUCKING BREAKING OUT. My skin has shown NO improvement. I haven't consumed anything but water and probiotics since I started the fast.

Acne is definitely something internal, so I'm done trying topical treatments. I've tried Zinc, Chromium, Niacin, Probiotics, multivitamins, eating healthily, and now NOT FUCKING EATING AT ALL.

FUCK!!!!!

I can't believe this... I haven't eaten for two days, I'm incredibly hungry and tired and I'M STILL FUCKING BREAKING OUT. My skin has shown NO improvement. I haven't consumed anything but water and probiotics since I started the fast.

Acne is definitely something internal, so I'm done trying topical treatments. I've tried Zinc, Chromium, Niacin, Probiotics, multivitamins, eating healthily, and now NOT FUCKING EATING AT ALL.

FUCK!!!!!

Firstly: Go get something to eat! Pronto.

Secondly: Go see a dermatologist and try Accutane or anti-biotics. They work and you'll be able to find a skin-care routine that works for you while you are on the medicine and continue with it afterwards to maintain your skin.

Good luck.

Thanks for trying, but none of what you said is any help. I don't have health insurance, so I can't see a doctor. I'm not trying antibiotics because those will only make whatever bacterial imbalance I have worse. I'm not going to even consider Accutane based on the consistent testimonies that it only helps acne for a short time and then it comes back. I refuse to use any topicals, since I've made the realization that acne is either an internal problem or it is extremely coincidental that it happens to affect numerous areas of the skin.

Not to burst your bubble, but not eating is a terrible idea. Your body is meant to run on fuel. How on earth do you expect your body's functions to be balanced, let alone heal, with no food? Even if going without food was enough to cure acne, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in two days. You should plan on going without food for two weeks and then see how your acne is. There are dozens of threads on here about food that's good to eat, even with restrictive diets. I would really suggest looking those up and finding a good, nourishing meal.

It's also ridiculous to say that acne is only an internal problem or " extremely coincidental". Treating with topicals is a way that millions of people have beaten their skin issues. Benzoyl peroxide over the counter can be purchased for less than $10...I'd really suggest you find a good BP gel and give it a try.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

You're doing it all wrong..

FIrst of all, you don't have the patience to do this right now.

I know, it took me almost 3 years to adjust my diet (after not lasting more than maybe a day without binging)

I finally started getting used to it.

But do a juice fast instead. Buy a juicer and organic vegetables and fruit and juice em and drink it. You get all the nutritients to heal your body. I drink this every morning for breakfast. The nutrients process easier on your digestive system. Trust me, I went a 14 day juice fast before the new year. It definitely helped speed up the process. Just eat raw in general. Go raw for atleast 30 days (it's a looong time trust me), but I guarantee you'll see a difference.

But I can't stress enough, it takes TIME to heal (especially if you're like me, have really severe acne)

Edited by recoverme

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

You can do liver detoxes,colon cleanses,niacin flushes...but I don't know how safe a 2 day fast is.

It's not just about eating healthy,some people are sensitive to specific things.Gluten and dairy are first come to mind.

Or maybe diet doesn't affect you at all,maybe you need to figure a way to balance your hormones.

There's tons of options,and it really sucks,but that's the name of the game.

There's even a chance you'll grow out of it before you even find something that works.

I'm not saying there is no hope,but freaking out isn't healthy. Look into new stuff when it's available to you,keep doing acne research on this site, but don't let it become such a huge issue that your life quality is significantly low.

FUCK!!!!!

Secondly: Go see a dermatologist and try Accutane or anti-biotics. They work and you'll be able to find a skin-care routine that works for you while you are on the medicine and continue with it afterwards to maintain your skin.

Good luck.

Are you insane?. Do some research before recommending people to take antibiots and doing other such reckless acts pfff. Anti biotics are terrible for you, and so is accutane .

Take em, but only if you want to die much sooner, be fat and have shitty health as you get older.

Edited by AthleticHunta

FUCK!!!!!

Good luck.

Are you insane?. Do some research before recommending people to take antibiots and doing other such reckless acts pfff. Anti biotics are terrible for you, and so is accutane .

Take em, but only if you want to die much sooner, be fat and have shitty health as you get older.

Overreact much? Like drinking only water for days isn't doing a "reckless act"? And yes, I'm sure that you'll be living to a ripe old age if you only feed your body liquids.

Do NOT go get Accutane or another drug. Those drugs ruin the liver and many other organs. Have you read the side effects? Some people bleed from every opening on their body. Good grief. And its effects only keeps acne away for 1 year. Then it comes back again.

Try eating a sweet potato or a butternut squash every day. Both are one of the best sources of Beta Carotene (which converts to Vitamin A) and is why the pharmaceutical companies created Retin A (a type of Vitamin A).

I have been eating Butternut squash for 3 days now and my skin infections have almost completely cleared. I have heard others say that their skin cleared after they ate sweet potato every day. I bake my butternut squash for an hour and then spice it with with cumin, chipotle powder, salt and cinnamon. I add slices of fresh avocado. I eat it in a seaweed wrap or lettuce wrap.

Butternut squash and sweet potato obviously is not the cure for my acne, but it is a healthy way to keep it under control until I find the cause.

Try this BEFORE you go ruin your liver on a pharmaceutical drug.

Edited by Dotty1

Accutane keeps most people's acne away for longer than a year. A lot have it gone forever. If it comes back it's often in women and those women have PCOS and need hormonal therapy.

I'm not telling anyone to go on 'tane but these stories are ridiculous at times. I took it and was clear for 4 yrs. until I had an ovary removed and then my acne came back right after that bc it messed up my hormones.

Usually if acne returns it can be controlled with topicals. It almost always less severe than it was pre-accutane.

OD-ing on supplements is just as bad for your liver. Not eating for days is very bad. I agree with eating well but a lot of people go overboard on here with it and it is dangerous.

The OP will have acne forever if he doesn't at least use a topical.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

and u expected results on 2nd day? lol not with our olschool bodies and not in this century deff ;) in our reality every kind of method takes loooong time and repetiiiteviness to death for it to work :dozing: ive done some 3 day fasts too, and yup no special effects or anything, so i plan to go on 30 day one, after month or so, then juice fast and only then decide :confused:

anywayz are u sure u know enough about this to be actually doing this? ukno u gotta prepare and take in consideration diff stuff etc etc, basically dont go on fast just like that if u dun even know details about it, afterall its nothing to mess around with, so better go read some more about it if in case u plan to prolong it. however 2 days is nothing tho. oh and i just heard u gotta like endure first 3-4 days and only then hunger disappears, but idk myself

Years ago I did a fast and I found that the pimples/inflammation/blackheads stop coming on day 8.

And, btw, researchers have now concluded that ALTERNATE DAY FASTING is the healthiest of all the fasts and actually lengthens the lifespan. They also found that when alternate day fasting is practiced, the individual does not lose weight. He is completely capable of maintain his weight.

But I would suggest you remove the top common acne causing foods from your diet to see if they help. They are listed in order of most common:

- Dairy

- Gluten

- Grains

- Sometimes Citrus

Researchers have also found that "backne" (acne on the back) is almost exclusively caused by a dairy sensitivity.

Just a few notes. I haven't read what everyone has been saying, but as far as the not eating for 2 days being unhealthy...please. That is such a western mind-set. In fact, if you don't eat for two days, rather than your body not having enough energy to deal with "problems", in fact it has more energy to deal with them due to the energy not being diverted to the main user (ie the digestive system). That being said, 2 days on a water fast is nothing...the fasting hasn't even started.

There is a lot of research on the benefits of fasting (more than 2 days in fact), and it has been proven to be extremely beneficial. I would suggest before anyone immediately starts saying, "oh, you are going to die. you are so stupid for not eating. blah blah"...to do some actual research on the subject first. If, after you are fully informed you still feel the same way, then feel free to post whatever you want.

But 2 days certainly won't heal acne. In fact, skin is the last thing to be "detoxified" on a water fast. I haven't eaten for 15 days (feeling great, though obviousy this is a time of rest). My skin is still breaking out, as there are a lot of toxins that come out of the skin, and it does in fact get a tad worse at one point. However, it clears up after that. I can tell you my scars are much better, though.

Of course, if you will do something like this, I recommend medical supervision, to be sure you are safe.

Even before fasting, I could easily go a day or even two without a care in the world. It isn't very difficult, and there is always fat in your body for energy, even if you are thin. Plus it makes you think...there are so many people starving in the world, and I can't stop eating for a day. A day, even 4 days on just water, and you aren't starving. In fact, even if you did a 30 day water fast, you would never starve...you would fast. Starving is eating a tiny bit of food, tricking your body that you are getting food, causing hunger pangs, and then not eating again until your next tiny meal. Also, when you completely lose all fat in your body and start breaking down protein, which is spared during water fasting for as long as there is fat storage and tumours to consume (picture little African children with big tummies, which are like that because they are starved and breaking down their muscle...that's what amino acid break-down does to your belly), that is when you are starving. Obviously by then, if you were paying attention, you would have broken the fast.

For something easier, why not try alternate day fasting.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just wanted to add in a different point of view. I completely respect everyone else's opinions, but I wanted to add what I know and have learned through research and experience. Will let you know when my skin clears up if you'd like.

Ignore everyone who says that fasting is unhealthy. I agree with the other poster above, total western mindset. I'm sure they have good intentions but they don't really know what they're talking about. That said.... a few things.

1) You don't take probiotics on a fast, and I personally don't recommend them at all. They have always, always, always made me break out. No matter what brand, no matter how I take them. That isn't true for everyone, but it could be part of the problem.

2) Fasting is a detox. Detox, can mean toxins coming out your skin. AKA, acne. 2 days in is still in the very early fasting stages. There are a lot of ups and downs with fasting, and fasting should be a calm and spiritual experience, and done when you really know what you're doing and why you are doing it. Fasting out of desperation to cure your acne is counter productive.

3) "Eat something" is not good advice. After water fasting, going and eating any old thing could make you very ill. If you want to break the fast, do it correctly, starting with fresh squeezed juice for a day or so, then soaked prunes, then some light fruit, then smoothies, then salads, etc. Go slow. I can't stress this enough. You could seriously hurt yourself if you went and broke a water fast with a burger or something.

(Just a note, I'm on day 10 of a fast. You are not going to die, it isn't unhealthy, I have plenty of energy and feel great but I am a practiced faster, this is probably my fifth or sixth extended fast. It gets easier with time, but know what you're doing, why you're doing it, and have the right positive mindset or it really will be more negative than positive for you)

Actually, do this with me(:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Acne-Prog...17#entry3118317

I just did the fast and now I'm starting the lifestyle. It's really helping! You can talk to me about it if you want to have support, cuz at first it's pretty hard. But I've been positive about it (: I've seen immediate impovements in about a week (: trust me. I'm so thankful for this guy

Ignore everyone who says that fasting is unhealthy. I agree with the other poster above, total western mindset. I'm sure they have good intentions but they don't really know what they're talking about. That said.... a few things.

1) You don't take probiotics on a fast, and I personally don't recommend them at all. They have always, always, always made me break out. No matter what brand, no matter how I take them. That isn't true for everyone, but it could be part of the problem.

2) Fasting is a detox. Detox, can mean toxins coming out your skin. AKA, acne. 2 days in is still in the very early fasting stages. There are a lot of ups and downs with fasting, and fasting should be a calm and spiritual experience, and done when you really know what you're doing and why you are doing it. Fasting out of desperation to cure your acne is counter productive.

3) "Eat something" is not good advice. After water fasting, going and eating any old thing could make you very ill. If you want to break the fast, do it correctly, starting with fresh squeezed juice for a day or so, then soaked prunes, then some light fruit, then smoothies, then salads, etc. Go slow. I can't stress this enough. You could seriously hurt yourself if you went and broke a water fast with a burger or something.

(Just a note, I'm on day 10 of a fast. You are not going to die, it isn't unhealthy, I have plenty of energy and feel great but I am a practiced faster, this is probably my fifth or sixth extended fast. It gets easier with time, but know what you're doing, why you're doing it, and have the right positive mindset or it really will be more negative than positive for you)

Ican't believe how much of a badass you are to be on day 10 of a fast!!!! That's amazing! I hope you're seeing some great improvements! But you have had some practice and it does get easier! I tried doing the 3 day apple detox and I only ended up doing it till dinner, then I attempted it again the week after and lasted till the second day. Then I did it this past weekend and survived through the wholeeeeee 3 days. It was hard, but I'm happy i did it. I didn't feel as sick as the first two though, the half day ones, haha i think cuz it took out a bit of the toxins. So by the time I did the real thing it wasn't as hard. But I'm so proud of pushing myself through it and that was only three days so you can't believe how amazed I am at you for being on day 10

FUCK!!!!!

ACTUALLY!!!!! I completely forgot to mention this to you!!!! The fact that you are breaking out IS GOOD!!! While you're on a fast, all the toxins are leaving your body so it may make you break out a bit! But that's just a sign that it's getting out! You should do nightly enemas and saunas to get the toxins out through there! Stay positive and stop stressing out! That'll make you break out! Drink tons of waters! you should seriously consider the fast in the link that I posted above.

Ican't believe how much of a badass you are to be on day 10 of a fast!!!!

Yep. The effects are cumulative. On my first fast I was so weak I could barely move or get out of bed on the first day. On this one, I was hiking up a mountain on day 8. Aint no thing. :)

I consider fasting a critical part of any health care routine. Our bodies were meant to fast. Our ancestors, being hunter/gatherers, sometimes went long periods of time without food. Now that we live in ultra-convenient modern day society, we have to make that choice for ourselves. Our bodies and digestive systems benefit incredibly from having the time to rest and heal. With each fast my health and digestion has improved greatly afterward.

You need to do an extended fast. For at least 7+ days. And that is very tough. And you need to make sure you break it the right way. I'm planning on doing a 5 day apple and carrot juice fast followed by a 14-21 day water fast then another 5 day juice fast. I've done a few three day fasts before and it is very hard cause your body detox's and it detox's fast so you can get sick. Headaches, joint aches, dizziness, etc. But the benefits are amazing. I've heard of people completely getting rid of there acne and marks from doing it. Some even say it can help make your scars go away, too and just completely clean your body. But you need to make sure you break it right and follow a healthy diet afterwards.

Edited by ycgirl

Wow, thats really good. It's really hard to get past the first day but after the 3rd day I hear there is no hunger. 2 days most likely won't do anything, since it takes 3 days for your body to digest all the food stored in your liver (or something like that) once your body in in ketosis is when the real healing starts to begin.

I heard it takes 7-10 days of water fasting to eliminate acne completely...I've tried fasting so many times but always fail because its so hard to not eat, not that im tat hungry, i just eat when im bored.

I was actually thinking of seriously doing a water fast tommorrow because it seems like the fastest way to cure acne. I remember when it got rid of a 6 month blackhead when i actually did a decent fast....

Years ago I did a fast and I found that the pimples/inflammation/blackheads stop coming on day 8.

And, btw, researchers have now concluded that ALTERNATE DAY FASTING is the healthiest of all the fasts and actually lengthens the lifespan. They also found that when alternate day fasting is practiced, the individual does not lose weight. He is completely capable of maintain his weight.

But I would suggest you remove the top common acne causing foods from your diet to see if they help. They are listed in order of most common:

- Dairy

- Gluten

- Grains

- Sometimes Citrus

Researchers have also found that "backne" (acne on the back) is almost exclusively caused by a dairy sensitivity.

When you say your blackheads stop coming, did they just lossen up and fall off? I have tons of blackheads now from wearing sunscreen daily

You need to do an extended fast. For at least 7+ days. And that is very tough. And you need to make sure you break it the right way. I'm planning on doing a 5 day apple and carrot juice fast followed by a 14-21 day water fast then another 5 day juice fast. I've done a few three day fasts before and it is very hard cause your body detox's and it detox's fast so you can get sick. Headaches, joint aches, dizziness, etc. But the benefits are amazing. I've heard of people completely getting rid of there acne and marks from doing it. Some even say it can help make your scars go away, too and just completely clean your body. But you need to make sure you break it right and follow a healthy diet afterwards.

Wow that sounds amazing! That's alot. But honestly, what do you tell people when you're fasting? I'm really skinny. I workout alot! I hate that people want to go eatbut I tell them I can't because I'm fasting and they think I'm anorexic or something.... :(

Plus I do lose alot of my muscle and weight when I fast. However, I do enjoy the way my skin begins to look.... it's a tough decision