Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gators_Fan

Is this the right product for Hyper Pigmentation?

I'm finally getting my acne under control, but the red marks left afterwards annoy me just as much. I've read up on the AHA lotion, and most the reviews rave about how it will help with red marks.

Is the "Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion - 6 fl oz" the correct one?

Anyone had experience with AHA? Like I said, I'm mainly looking to rid of red marks and I believe this could be the right product.

most of the Alpha Hydrox products are good (they have the correct pH to work and they´re cheap). And this is definitely the best value out of all of them, a 6oz bottle for like $12 is amazing!

An AHA product like this is a good way to start out. When I started using an AHA lotion I got some good improvements on my red marks, but on some very stubborn onces I sort of reached an improvement plateau (Retin-A took care of the residual marks). If you´re still somewhat acne-prone, the oil-free gel 10% gylocolic acid from Alpha Hydrox may be a better option though (I used that one, and it feels very light and obviously not greasy)