Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone-

I'm starting accutane Feb. 8th! I'm wondering what cleansers people have found to have the best success while on it. Right now I alternate between cetaphil bar and purpose. Are these sufficient? What has everyone else had success with? Thanks!

Hi,

It sounds so simple (literally) but I've been using Simple everyday cleanser - not sure if this is available in the US as I'm in the UK but its basically a cleanser without soap. Works fine for me :)

Hey, how's the accutane treating you? I'm on day 3 now and starting to turn pink/ get a little flushed. I can feel my skin tightening a little. I've started using cetaphil cleanser. Probably doesn't help since I can't offer any advice on it since I just started using it, but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. :) Hope all is well with you, can't wait to read your updates. Wishing you the best!

I've only been on for 2 wks, and while I have had dry lips, my skin is staying decently hydrated, which makes me think what I'm doing is working, at least for now.

I use Body Shop's Calming Aloe Cleanser and Aveeno's Oatmeal Moisturizer.

Hey, how's the accutane treating you? I'm on day 3 now and starting to turn pink/ get a little flushed. I can feel my skin tightening a little. I've started using cetaphil cleanser. Probably doesn't help since I can't offer any advice on it since I just started using it, but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. :) Hope all is well with you, can't wait to read your updates. Wishing you the best!

Hi- I actually just started accutane today! It got delayed a week because of requirement for day of my blood test. I've been sticking with the purpose cleanser. I'm really liking not having to worry about applying topicals! I'll update you as the weeks go on. Good luck as well!

I've only been on for 2 wks, and while I have had dry lips, my skin is staying decently hydrated, which makes me think what I'm doing is working, at least for now.

I use Body Shop's Calming Aloe Cleanser and Aveeno's Oatmeal Moisturizer.

Those sound great! Will have to look into them!

Edited by pinkstarlett