Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TakDriver

Aftershave

So I realize others have asked similar questions before me about aftershave, and as I understand it, the general response is no or wait until completely clear. That in mind, here is my VERY specific question.

I got the aftershave in the Lacoste Red line of cologne, which I use, as a Christmas present. All my "cologne-expert" friends (which I apparently have a lot of???) say the more you use from a cologne line, the more effective the scent can be WITHOUT overpowering, like just slathering on a ton of cologne can do.

As I have read through a bunch of posts, I realized a LOT of people here understand chemical interaction a LOT better than I do in relation to what they do to a person's complexion. So I thought, why not just list what the bottle says, and see if any kind (and more learned) person sees a giant red flag.

Aqua/water, Alcohol Denat, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum/fragrance, Panthenol, Carbomer, Acrylates/c 10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

I'm going to be trying it later (after I've been on the regimen for quite a bit) but I just wanted to know if anyone would be able to warn me if my face is gonna fall off er something (lol)

So I realize others have asked similar questions before me about aftershave, and as I understand it, the general response is no or wait until completely clear. That in mind, here is my VERY specific question.

I got the aftershave in the Lacoste Red line of cologne, which I use, as a Christmas present. All my "cologne-expert" friends (which I apparently have a lot of???) say the more you use from a cologne line, the more effective the scent can be WITHOUT overpowering, like just slathering on a ton of cologne can do.

As I have read through a bunch of posts, I realized a LOT of people here understand chemical interaction a LOT better than I do in relation to what they do to a person's complexion. So I thought, why not just list what the bottle says, and see if any kind (and more learned) person sees a giant red flag.

Aqua/water, Alcohol Denat, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum/fragrance, Panthenol, Carbomer, Acrylates/c 10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

I'm going to be trying it later (after I've been on the regimen for quite a bit) but I just wanted to know if anyone would be able to warn me if my face is gonna fall off er something (lol)

Lol, your face isn't going to fall off. But that aftershave, like virtually all conventional aftershaves, is very irritating - particularly for acne prone skin. Denatured alcohol is the biggest offender, and the carrier of all the fragrance components of the aftershave... there's no good reason to put a volatile alcohol on your face, ever.