Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had been on Fiancea during the day, Differin at night, and Mino twice a day, but the fiancea burned my skin, and itched around my jawline, so I stopped using it. Also, when I went to be put on birth control, they made me throw away my mino then and there, said that the birth control pills would do the same thing... so, after a very long speech from my derm and the nurse, I left with these precriptions...

Mino 100mg's twice a day (morning and afternoon)

Clindagel in the morning

Differin at night

Ortho-Tricyclen at night

*sigh* That seems like alot to me. I asked to be put on accutane, but the derm said that since I had only been on three acne treatments, I had to try this out until December, THEN I could be put on it. Arrrrgh...

I've never heard of the clindagel before, can someone explain this to me?

Can I put moisturizer on over it in the morning?

Sound like a good regimen to yall?

Fake allergic reactions to the medications and demand accutane. My dermatologist made me try everything before I started accutane too, it was so frustrating! bb_eusa_wall.gif I know your pain... and it's a waste of time... nothing seemed to work... but I'm on Day 12 now and it actually seems like it's working for me... I have high hopes. Best of luck on your regimen... Now is a great time to start Accutane with summer ending... but I think December would be okay to start too as long as you are done by Spring/Summer.

I get my license in march, then april is prom, and may is graduation so i'm really wanting to get over with it in.

i know the defferin doesn't affect me any, and neither to the pills, they work some, but it takes months for them to work cause ive been on them before. the only thing i havent tried in\s the clindagel.. and the derm said I wouldn't have any probls with it. is there any way to get me on accutane fast?? I dont have the money to keep going to the derm all the time.

Well I just told my dermatologist that I am tired of trying all the different types of medications and pills and I have thorougly researched accutane and want to give it a try... and he had me go get my blood tested and made me come in ($15 copay grrr bb_sad.gif ) just to write me a prescription but he wrote me one!

I thought I had been on every acne drug but I have never heard of clindagel is that new or something?. Its like all these drug companies make these shitty products that dont seem to work but that they know will sell because we are so desperate to try anything.

My old derm gave me all sorts of shit for over a year (mino for 6 months) and someother antibiotic (verba something) along with all sorts of other topical crap.

Finaly when he woudnt give me accutane I went to another derm and within 5 minutes he was writing out the prescription- it costs me $26 Australian which is like $20 US for 1 months supply which is great.

As hard as it is to get an appointment I would suggest trying another derm because it sucks mucking around with other shitty antibiotics and topicals when accutane works better then them all and the side affects are so bloody overrated.

LIE. I'm serious. derms have screwed up my skin and should have given me accuatne sooner. Just lie and say to this derm that you have a close relative who had horrible acne with very very bad scars whatever. seriously, if the meds they're giving you are not working and you know your body the best don't suffer needlessly>anyway I think taking birth control and antibiotics and differin and all that crap at once is worse than one accutane...however if your skin isn't too bad just resistnat>20,000 IU of Vitamin A a day taken for 3 months according to those proactive derms...is like a mild version of accutane..so maybe try that now, under your dersm supervision and if it's helping stick with it or switch to accutane since if it works obviously accutane will too.

I've learned to lie to docs and it's the best thing seriously, i mean obviously don't lie to docs if it's not in your best interest but my derm a while back told me to use some cream because I had a rare breakout (from eating LOADS of junkfood) she said diet it had NOTHING to do with it...on the follow up she remarked on how well my skin cleared up and how well the cream worked and all I did was go back to eating healthy but I just played dumb and was like yeah uh huh that cream worked well, dumbass