Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michellica

Going back to makeup...

Hey ladies (and gents)!

I am really stressing about makeup right now. I got off the pill back in June and when my skin freaked out I stopped wearing makeup all together. Now, with the help of Differin and time, my skin is pretty clear. Unfortunately, it is still far from flawless so I would like to start wearing skin makeup again, but I am terrified! Call me OCD or whatever, but I don't want to go back to where I was a few months ago after all my work. You know? Anyway, I would love to hear your opinions on the matter. Is liquid foundation or powder better for very oily and acne prone skin? I still have the foundation I used to use and loved, should I go back to it? It's Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and I bought it because it was recommended on Sage safe cosmetics site, and I checked the ingredients on zerozits/acne detective and the ingredients were good. But is it too heavy? Is all makeup just bad for your skin and a mistake? I look forward to and would greatly appreciate your replies. I am so stressed out about this, that it can't be good for my skin, lol. Thanks!

I personally feel like all makeup is bad for your skin. I've used everything, regular foundation, "acne" foundation, mineral foundation, high end foundation, low end foundation.....they all seemed to clog my pores. I think skin just needs to breathe. I would bet so much money that I would have less acne if I would just stop with the foundation. Too bad I'm wayyyy too self-conscious.

Honestly, I broke out the least when I wore Maybelline Pure Makeup Foundation. It's 50% water & covers pretty good. The only reason I stopped using it was because I have super pale skin and the lightest shade wasn't light enough.

Are you going to be wearing it everyday? Or just when you go out? If the foundation you wore before didn't break you out, I'd stick with it. It took me years and alot of money to find one that didn't break me out and I just found it in the last year. Can you get away with wearing tinted moisturizer? It wouldn't be as heavy as foundation.

Btw, I'm glad to hear your skin has cleared up. I remember when we talked about it. I've managed to only get 2 breakouts in 2 months and NO PMS pimples, which is SO not usual for me. Yay! Drop me a line sometime, chick.

I personally feel like all makeup is bad for your skin. I've used everything, regular foundation, "acne" foundation, mineral foundation, high end foundation, low end foundation.....they all seemed to clog my pores. I think skin just needs to breathe. I would bet so much money that I would have less acne if I would just stop with the foundation. Too bad I'm wayyyy too self-conscious.

Honestly, I broke out the least when I wore Maybelline Pure Makeup Foundation. It's 50% water & covers pretty good. The only reason I stopped using it was because I have super pale skin and the lightest shade wasn't light enough.

Unfortunately, I think you're right :(. I wish they could make something that didn't clog pores, but maybe that's just not possible? The worst makeup I ever wore was Bare Minerals, and that's supposed to be good for your skin! Honestly, I have loved not wearing makeup the past 6 months. My skin feels so much better. It still breaks out though, but it seems healthier. I hate that women have the social pressure to wear makeup. I actually think men have it better. They don't have to put this crap on their skin. It's ok for them to have some flaws in their complexion, while we have to wear a layer of makeup over our skin. The only reason I want to wear makeup again is because of that pressure to look a certain way. I hate makeup!

I'm fair, but not super fair. I will look into that foundation. Thank you :).

Are you going to be wearing it everyday? Or just when you go out? If the foundation you wore before didn't break you out, I'd stick with it. It took me years and alot of money to find one that didn't break me out and I just found it in the last year. Can you get away with wearing tinted moisturizer? It wouldn't be as heavy as foundation.

Btw, I'm glad to hear your skin has cleared up. I remember when we talked about it. I've managed to only get 2 breakouts in 2 months and NO PMS pimples, which is SO not usual for me. Yay! Drop me a line sometime, chick.

Well, just on dates and stuff (I haven't been dating since the whole post bcp breakout). But if I go back to school and work it would probably be everyday. I was on Yaz before, so the reason I worry is because my skin seems to break out easier now. I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to try it again? I mean acne cosmetica is usually small bumps and nothing too huge. Which one are you using? I am trying to decide between powder and a good concealer or liquid foundation. Never really thought about a tinted moisturizer. I might look into that as well.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear your skin is doing well too :). I think maybe my hormones are finally balancing out? My body is still broken out though thanks to stopping the pill. I get so depressed over it. That's why I haven't been on here a lot lately. I just sleep all day and wish my skin would go back to how it used to be :(.

Well, just on dates and stuff (I haven't been dating since the whole post bcp breakout). But if I go back to school and work it would probably be everyday. I was on Yaz before, so the reason I worry is because my skin seems to break out easier now. I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to try it again? I mean acne cosmetica is usually small bumps and nothing too huge. Which one are you using? I am trying to decide between powder and a good concealer or liquid foundation. Never really thought about a tinted moisturizer. I might look into that as well.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear your skin is doing well too :). I think maybe my hormones are finally balancing out? My body is still broken out though thanks to stopping the pill. I get so depressed over it. That's why I haven't been on here a lot lately. I just sleep all day and wish my skin would go back to how it used to be :(.

I don't wear makeup everyday, only when I'm going out with hubby or whatever and since I don't wear it everyday it usually breaks me out when I do since I'm not used to wearing it...until I started wearing L'Oreal True Match. I wear the liquid sometimes or the mineral powder sometimes, it depends on how much coverage I want. But I barely even wear makeup once a month, but when I do this doesn't break me out. Every foundation I've ever worn has left me with cysts or pimples, including high end brands. Tinted moisturizer I wear Physician's Formula Organic Wear.

I don't wear makeup everyday, only when I'm going out with hubby or whatever and since I don't wear it everyday it usually breaks me out when I do since I'm not used to wearing it...until I started wearing L'Oreal True Match. I wear the liquid sometimes or the mineral powder sometimes, it depends on how much coverage I want. But I barely even wear makeup once a month, but when I do this doesn't break me out. Every foundation I've ever worn has left me with cysts or pimples, including high end brands. Tinted moisturizer I wear Physician's Formula Organic Wear.

Do you have oily skin or? I would love to try some powder foundations or minerals but I don't know if they would hold up on my super oily skin or not.