Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My stool has been pretty green last few days. This thing happened really quick, although it has been a little bit yellowish before being green I guess. First I thought it was the green smoothies I took (200g of spinach) few days back. But now it has been a few days and its getting pretty weird since I havent eaten that much green stuff (besides that even if you do should your poop be able to get green ??). Is something wrong??

ps. I can also see tomato skins, tomato pits, kiwi pits, sometimes some small pieces of carrot in it!

pss. sorry for being a little bit disgusting :P

When I eat tons of spinach, mine is a very dark green. When I eat tomatoes, I see tomato seeds but nothing else.

I am assuming your stool sinks? If it floats that means that there are undigested fats in it which could mean an absorption issue.

I eat multiple bowls of salad(romaine lettuce,spinach,broccoli,peas) sometimes and when I take a dump it's like a salad shooter.

It's quite amusing.

Are there supposed to be tiny bits of distinguishable lettuce?

When I eat tons of spinach, mine is a very dark green. When I eat tomatoes, I see tomato seeds but nothing else.

I am assuming your stool sinks? If it floats that means that there are undigested fats in it which could mean an absorption issue.

always has been floating, but ehm this also could just be tiny pockets of gas, doesnt have to be fat...

I understand you guys have these things to, but should it be like this?

always has been floating, but ehm this also could just be tiny pockets of gas, doesnt have to be fat...

If your stools floated from time to time, that is supposed to be normal. If they are always floating, I would suspect a problem with nutrient malabsorption. Mine did this all the time before I was diagnosed with Celiac.

Edited by Dotty1

When your healthy your stool is SUPPOSE to be green. It shouldn't be brown, white, or red. Or purple or any other color lol.

And yeah it shouldn't float, like dotty says, means digestion problems.

Scratch that. Just looked it up and green stool means this: The liver constantly supplies Bile to move waste through to the colon. When waste reaches the colon the bacteria and everything else turns it brown. If you are doing flushes, or taking fiber supplements, then the waste is moving too fast through the colon to turn it brown. It could also just mean you eat a ton of green food, like I do lol.

So normally it is harmless, but if you don't eat healthy and it is green, then you have digestion problems. Google it

I eat a lot of spinnach and put it in my fruit/green smoothies, along with a liquid chlorophyll supplement. My stool is definitely green lol, but if I don't take my supplements/shakes it's "normal" colored.

If your stools floated from time to time, that is supposed to be normal. If they are always floating, I would suspect a problem with nutrient malabsorption. Mine did this all the time before I was diagnosed with Celiac.

its called Steatorrhea and is fat maldigestion.

i wouldnt consider it normal at all, our cells need fat to function correctly, this is a digestion issue, and possibly something that could warrant a colonoscopy if you have not had one in the last 5 years or so.

consult a gastroenterologist or your genereal practioner to give you a referral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steatorrhea

Scratch that. Just looked it up and green stool means this: The liver constantly supplies Bile to move waste through to the colon. When waste reaches the colon the bacteria and everything else turns it brown. If you are doing flushes, or taking fiber supplements, then the waste is moving too fast through the colon to turn it brown. It could also just mean you eat a ton of green food, like I do lol.

So normally it is harmless, but if you don't eat healthy and it is green, then you have digestion problems. Google it

the brown color is from dead red blood cells(bilirubin), they die and your body replaces it with new ones every day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilirubin

ok so the brown colour is limited by the amount of blood that dies, so if you go over a certain amount of green foods it will start looking green...?

Besides that, I dont think I want a colonoscopy....

my green coloured stool floats from time to time, esp. when it's small>>

Edited by Sito

so my stool floats more often than not now that i've been paying attention to the Shit.

anyone got any ideas of what i should do>>? digestive enzymes??

or should i go with what AUTONOMOUS ONE wrote in his post about maybe getting a colonoscopy>>>?

My 2 cents:

Okay if you've been eating relatively good, the green in your stool is..... bile.

Your liver is detoxifying (a really good thing).

Now since your stool comes in small pieces all I can comment on according to my knowledge in this field. You have diarrhea while your liver is excreting bile.

So congrats :clap: if that's the case, all you need to do is solve your diarrhea.

I may be wrong as I am no professional, hopefully it's nothing serious if my 2 cents is wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd ask you to view my thread but that would be against board rules so I wont hmm

Edited by Ethical_Care

Or I have slight diarrhea which makes green stuff undigested? So it will still come out green. So now I have only diarrhea :P That might be because I cheated a lot lately. And it started happening around christmas I think. When I started cheating heavily after eating good 1month. Meaning that my diarrhea might be caused by my cheats. Or it might be caused by eating a fruit more then before on my western diet that Im also sensitive to? Or does sensitivity have nothing to do with stool?

ps. how to spell diarrhea.

pss. Ty for the response EC

I may be wrong as I am no professional, hopefully it's nothing serious if my 2 cents is wrong.
Edited by joris