Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soloness

How to decrease sebum viscosity(making to flow more)

Hi guys,

Does anybody know of supplements or anything that will decrease sebum viscosity, as in making it flow more easily and a less sticky sebum.

This should prevent the sebum from drying or getting trapped and cause acne/blackheads/sabaceous filaments.

As far as I know Zinc is one supplement that does this(wel for me it did).

??

Edited by soloness

I'm not sure how valid this is,but an old product I have used int he past has this one ingridient...

"Modified glucomannan (carbohydrate) -high molecular weight heterpolysaccharides made up of glucose and mannose derived from the Japanese Konjac tuber (root)- that reduce the surface tension of oil and facilitates its dispersion into droplets. These droplets get distributed evenly along the skin's surface, minimizing their presence and oily feel"

I'm not sure how valid this is,but an old product I have used int he past has this one ingridient...

"Modified glucomannan (carbohydrate) -high molecular weight heterpolysaccharides made up of glucose and mannose derived from the Japanese Konjac tuber (root)- that reduce the surface tension of oil and facilitates its dispersion into droplets. These droplets get distributed evenly along the skin's surface, minimizing their presence and oily feel"

There's some evidence that fish oil taken orally, and omega-3's in general, can improve sebum quality.

My sebum is pretty "flowing" during the summer, and my sebaceous filaments don't get lighter during that time. Even when my sebum is tackier, sebaceous filaments don't change. I did Caveman for 3 weeks before removing all the dead skin back in the summer (no washing with water), and that was the only time my sebaceous filaments went away - only for a few months though, they came back as I started using DIY ways to wash my face. And they never appeared on my face until I started actually washing my face back when I was 13-14. I was never oily until then, either.

So.... I don't think that altering your sebum will help much. Even people who aren't oily can have them, it's normal for a lot of people.

Hmm, Thing is myne almost dissappeared for 2 weeks late december, and during that time my nose was oil and when I'd touch my nose I could feel a lot of oil over my skin. But now, my nose is almost at it's worst, very very black, visible from a feet away and my skin is dry again. So I don't know WTF!! :( . My life changed during those 2 weeks. Seriously, i felt so fucking good. Now I am back to being depressed :0. I have never in real life seen someone else whose nose looks like mine. Lucky me!

Edited by soloness