Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

how common is accutane for moderate acne?

Guest Timehealsall

is it quite common?

Yes. Mine is moderate. I suppose it looked quite mild when I first went on Roaccutane because i'd had months of antibiotics, panoxyl and isotrex gel.

xx

Edited by Hello_Kitty_89

Yup when all else has failed. Mine was mild/moderate depending on the time of the month and the products I was using etc. I had tried everything else and was beginning to get scars and red marks for the first time in 3 years so accutane was all that was left. It's indicated for severe nodulocystic acne or for acne recalcitrant to other treatments - that's straight from the Roaccutane leaflet! And one more thing - it works wonders for moderate acne too :D

I don't know. My derm said that after seeeing me multiple times and prescribing me multiple things that he came to the conclusion that my acne was on a 2 week moderate/severe cycle.

I guess its pretty common if everything else doesn't work out.

Guest Timehealsall
Yup when all else has failed. Mine was mild/moderate depending on the time of the month and the products I was using etc. I had tried everything else and was beginning to get scars and red marks for the first time in 3 years so accutane was all that was left. It's indicated for severe nodulocystic acne or for acne recalcitrant to other treatments - that's straight from the Roaccutane leaflet! And one more thing - it works wonders for moderate acne too :D

umm scars? As in pitted/indented scars?

red marks are not scars..

how long did it take you for your dermatologist to prescribe the accutane to you.? Was your dermatologist a private derm.

Guest Timehealsall
Yes. Mine is moderate. I suppose it looked quite mild when I first went on Roaccutane because i'd had months of antibiotics, panoxyl and isotrex gel.

xx

how did you convince your derm to prescribe accutane for your mild acne? Was your acne leaving you with indented scarring?

So its very common to go on accutane for those who have moderate acne?

What doseage were you on

Guest Timehealsall

also, would you say the benefits outweigh the risks if your going on accutane for moderate acne?

I mean theres a poster on this forum whose going on accutane to get rid of his clogged pores....