Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam7867

has anyone tried microdermabrasion for acne scars/holes/open pores/ice pick scars?

Has anyone tried microdermabrasion for acne scars/holes/open pores/ice pick scars? I would love to hear from you if you have!

Thank you!

Has anyone tried microdermabrasion for acne scars/holes/open pores/ice pick scars? I would love to hear from you if you have!

Thank you!

ANYONE??

Moved to the Scar treatments forum. The Announcements & Feedback forum is for discussing technical issues on the boards. Please read the forum headings and descriptions before posting.

Also, you can't expect a reply in only 8 minutes. Have some patience. In the meantime: try the search engine.

microdermabrasion is not very effective for these issues. When it was first popular, there was a lot of hype about it, but in reality it can only even out the skintone (with repetitive treatments of course) and make your skin feel and look smoother. The stimulation of collagen production you´ll get is only temporary and not enough to actually fill in scars

I had it and it improves tone and can improve texture. It won't get rid of scarring, but nothing does. It does cause microswelling which helps.

You would need a series and it could help but it won't be very dramatic. It does increase collagen in the skin. I read it in a few pubmed articles years ago when I was researching it, but like everything else it's not a permanent increase in collagen bc collagen degrades with time no matter which procedure you use.

I had it and it improves tone and can improve texture. It won't get rid of scarring, but nothing does. It does cause microswelling which helps.

You would need a series and it could help but it won't be very dramatic. It does increase collagen in the skin. I read it in a few pubmed articles years ago when I was researching it, but like everything else it's not a permanent increase in collagen bc collagen degrades with time no matter which procedure you use.

Aw thanks for the reply honey. How many tretaments did you have? xx

Moved to the Scar treatments forum. The Announcements & Feedback forum is for discussing technical issues on the boards. Please read the forum headings and descriptions before posting.

Also, you can't expect a reply in only 8 minutes. Have some patience. In the meantime: try the search engine.

oops sorry ! xx

Aw thanks for the reply honey. How many tretaments did you have? xx

It was awhile ago, but I believe I had 13. I think I saw results at 8-10 -- I don't remember, bc it was so long ago. I never did the maintenance of one per month, so the results went away. I am doing another series soon. No idea if I'll respond as well this time.

Yeah I have done Microdermabrasion treatment around 6 months ago. I got many benefit from it. It helps me to get more smooth and soft. It removes wrinkles, dark heads, blackheads, scars. I get instant effect of this process. It has no side effects. It is only done at upper layer of skin.

Edited by rupertnrupert