Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orangeorn

Cashew nuts

Hi,

I had a handful of (plain raw roasted) Cashew nuts yesterday with tea as snacks, and today in the morning, I can feel an angry pimple beneath my skin. Its just going to come up just in the middle of my right cheek. Going to stay red for a long time ad then gonna leave an ugly mark there.. So I wanted to know, are Cashew nuts bad for an acne prone skin. Should I avoid them.

I just think Cashew nuts could be the culprit behind this new pimple as I was clear from pimles from last 3-4 months.

I didn't include/exclude in my skin care regimne. Cashew nut is the only thing I can think of now, could have caused this new pimple.

What you say guys, anyone have any facts/experience to back up my opinion?

Edited by orangeorn

i think deeper cysts or pimples that you can "feel" needs at least more than 1 day to form. Whiteheads and smaller ones that easily pop can happen in a few hours in my experience. But feeling something forming... should take a lot longer than over night. I think in your case it was coincidental. Now if you break out in 2-5 days then maybe cashews were the culprit.

i think deeper cysts or pimples that you can "feel" needs at least more than 1 day to form. Whiteheads and smaller ones that easily pop can happen in a few hours in my experience. But feeling something forming... should take a lot longer than over night. I think in your case it was coincidental. Now if you break out in 2-5 days then maybe cashews were the culprit.

thanx for Replying.

Still am not going to eat these nuts again. Almonds are okay for me.

Edited by orangeorn

Also I remember taking some cashews 2 days before. And surely I have 5-6 very small whiteheads around my mouth from 2-3 days, out of which 2-3 popups are new, saw this morning only.

So I guess for me Cashews are a big no no.

I thoguht cashews were breaking me out too so I started soaking them all night then drying them in the sun and then in the oven.. Seems to help a little bit..

I thoguht cashews were breaking me out too so I started soaking them all night then drying them in the sun and then in the oven.. Seems to help a little bit..

Thanx for sharing your experience. Glad you found a way. I don't want to take any chance. So I am going to completely avoid them forever.

Thanx for sharing your experience. Glad you found a way. I don't want to take any chance. So I am going to completely avoid them forever.

no problem! try drinking some apple cider vinager.. i just started a few days ago and my chin is about 100% clear!! it's amazing stuff

^^ You can mix a teaspoon or so into 8oz of water. I have found it best to just use in my salad dressing. Hemp Oil, EV Olive Oil, Organic Braggs ACV.

Anyway, Cashews are a direct problem for me, so don't be surprised. They are one of few foods I know directly causes breakouts for me. I looked up the family cashews are in, and in that family are mangos and pistatios (sp?) and some other things, so I avoid them all.

^^ You can mix a teaspoon or so into 8oz of water. I have found it best to just use in my salad dressing. Hemp Oil, EV Olive Oil, Organic Braggs ACV.

Anyway, Cashews are a direct problem for me, so don't be surprised. They are one of few foods I know directly causes breakouts for me. I looked up the family cashews are in, and in that family are mangos and pistatios (sp?) and some other things, so I avoid them all.

Mangos ... oh yeah they are like enemies to my skin. I would break out like hell from even a single mango slice.

Pistachios : I am not much sure about these nuts. I hardly have them ever. So they already out of my diet.

I have about 4 handfuls every single day and I have been for the last year or so. In this time I've been 90% clear and also in a bad condition. There's no relation for me. However, pistachios seemed to break me out.

I have about 4 handfuls every single day and I have been for the last year or so. In this time I've been 90% clear and also in a bad condition. There's no relation for me. However, pistachios seemed to break me out.

aha.. Lucky You.