Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanadai

Painful Swollen Cysts/Nodules from Initial Breakout

So i was only on my 4th day of 20mg and i broke out with 3 painful cysts or nodules on my neck, one of them is so big and swollen that it hurts everytime i turn my neck. I've never had these painful breakouts before, is this normal? What should i do with that nodule/cyst? How long do you think it would take before that breakout calms down?

It's normal, but your breakouts should calm down in 2 to 3 weeks. Hang in there! Think about how clear your skin will be after your course!!!

Thanks for the reply! But right now i have a new problem, my forehead is being deprived of its oil and clusters of red bumps has formed on my forehead. the area above and between my eyebrows are itching and really red. What can i do to fix this? I already moisturize as often as i can

Edited by sanadai

Are these types of acne worse than before or there is just an increase in number of them?

they are worst than before AND an increase of them, definitely not the same type of acne i used to get

It's called the initial breakout and happens to most people. More and slightly different types of spots than you had before. Your skin is getting rid of all the crap under the clogged pores - quickly!

At least you know the accutane is working!

My breakout is getting worst, and i seem to be getting something not like acne at all. Im getting all these little red itchy bumps all over my face, and its making my face look extremely red, when i look under some lighting i can see hundreds of mini bumps, similar to an allergy of some sort... whats going on?