Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ParanoidAndroid

Hard, painless bump on cheekbone. Cyst?

So I've had this bump pretty close to my cheekbone for about 4 months. Its size fluctuates, but lately it has been getting pretty big. I went to a dermatologist about 3 months ago and they told me that the bump was too small to get it removed, as it would leave an indent on my face. Another one has also been forming on my other cheekbone in the same exact spot as of 2 weeks ago. Is there anything I can do about this without having to go through all the trouble of scheduling an appointment with the derm, only to be turned down again? I've also experienced random swelling around the sides of my mouth for a while, too. Could they somehow be related?

I dunno... it could be a cyst, do you have any pics of it? If I see it I will deff be able to tell you if its a cyst and what kind of cyst. I have had way TOO many cyst in my lifetime.

Ps. nice screen name. I love radiohead :)

I dunno... it could be a cyst, do you have any pics of it? If I see it I will deff be able to tell you if its a cyst and what kind of cyst. I have had way TOO many cyst in my lifetime.

Ps. nice screen name. I love radiohead :)

Ok thanks. I'll try to take pics later. The weirdest thing is that Dan's AHA moisturizer reduces the lump significantly. I was wondering why the lump had gotten bigger and I realized that I had stopped using the AHA for a while. I just used it once last night and the lump went down a lot, but the lump never goes away completely. It's very strange.

And yeah, I love Radiohead, too. I can't wait for the new album.

Edited by ParanoidAndroid

Well keep using the AHA if it helps with the sweeling. You could try putting apple cider viniger on it for ten mins every night and wash it off with warm water. It helped with this very small cyst I had. It helps dry them up. Hope this helps and if it doesn't I suggest seeing a doctor.

Well keep using the AHA if it helps with the sweeling. You could try putting apple cider viniger on it for ten mins every night and wash it off with warm water. It helped with this very small cyst I had. It helps dry them up. Hope this helps and if it doesn't I suggest seeing a doctor.

How do you apply the Apple Cider Vinegar? With a cotton ball?

Yup :) i use a cotton ball because its most efficient. I really hope this works for you and good luck! Keep me posted

Because I'm curious to see how it works on ya.

It might take up to a week for results

Yup :) i use a cotton ball because its most efficient. I really hope this works for you and good luck! Keep me posted

Because I'm curious to see how it works on ya.

It might take up to a week for results

Okay, I'll post updates. I tried it last night and it didn't makemuch of a difference yet, but it was tingly. :)

Okay kue :)

Sometimes it makes your eyes water and nose run. I used to put it on my whole face and it worked pretty good.

I'm also using the murad acne complex kit and I love it! It takes a couple months before you see results but its totally worth it to me.

Okay kue :)

Sometimes it makes your eyes water and nose run. I used to put it on my whole face and it worked pretty good.

I'm also using the murad acne complex kit and I love it! It takes a couple months before you see results but its totally worth it to me.

I'm glad that's working for you. Do you have oily skin? If so, have you tried the Murad Mattifier with SPF 15? I have really oily skin and I was thinking about trying that.

Also, after two nights of putting Apple Cider Vinegar and 10% BP on the bump, it's smaller and less noticeable! For some reason, though, the bump has also gotten even harder. :think:

My skin is pretty oily and I haven't tried that. I kinda wanna try it too but there products are

So exspensive. What I have noticed with murad is that a little bit goes a long ways except for the mud mask, and toner. You should give it a try:)

That's good! how big is the bump? I would just keep using the apple cider viniger for all of this week and the next.

My skin is pretty oily and I haven't tried that. I kinda wanna try it too but there products are

So exspensive. What I have noticed with murad is that a little bit goes a long ways except for the mud mask, and toner. You should give it a try:)

That's good! how big is the bump? I would just keep using the apple cider viniger for all of this week and the next.

It's noticeably smaller now. It's hard to tell exactly how large it is, though, because it is located directly on my cheek bone. I will keep on using the vinegar every night, and if I don't see any more improvement, I will probably try the Mario Badescu Drying Cream, which another member recommended for cysts.

Are you using an SPF moisturizer in the morning? I've been using Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 for Combination/Oily skin, but it's the old formula, and I've heard that the new formula is terrible. The old formula is amazing, but after my only bottle runs out, I'm going to need to find a replacement.

Yea I heard the mario badescue drying cream works good. I just hope the viniger works for ya because

Its cheap, natural, and mostly everyone has lying around. The reason it works great on acne is that it

Eliminates bacteria, dirt/oil, exfoiliates the skin, and balances out the skins ph levels.

I haven't been using any spf moisturizer just the murad skin perfecting moisturizer. I haven't seen the sun

Days where I live. I used to use the aveno spf moisturizer and I didn't really care for it but I used it all

Up haha... I'm a cheap ass sometimes. Can you still get the old formula of the olay spf for combination/

Oily skin? I like the proactive spf green tea moisturizer. Proative also had non-scented spf moisturizer that

Worked good.

I haven't used any proactive products in years because they didn't work for me with an exception

For the moisturizers of course.