Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bestkeptsecrets

help! isolated cysts & skin peeling.

hi everyone,

for about 6 months, i've been happier with my skin than i've ever been. until last week. a cyst formed under my skin on my chin, and it grew to become massive, and extremely painful. i left it alone, continuing with my regular skincare regime (vichy normaderm cleanser, toner, moisturizer, & clindoxyl spot treatment) and it started to dry out.

today, while washing my face in the shower, skin came off of it. i patted it dry and covered it with make up. at school, the skin (and the make up) began to crack. it looked like there was an earthquake on my face that got worse and worse throughout the day. the cyst itself is still there, although moderately large compared to what it was before, and the skin on and around it has been dry, peeling, and pussing for the past few hours. i put moisturizer on it which seemed to help some of the surrounding skin, but i'm concerned about how i can possbily get rid of the cyst while healing the broken skin at the same time.

if anyone has any tips or solutions i'd be eternally greatful. i'm aware that people suffer with acne far worse than mine, but it is very frustrating and upsetting for me to deal with these cysts again, especially after i was positive i was done with them for good.

thank you in advance!

Edited by bestkeptsecrets

When I had large cysts they would get dry right before the would pop. I would see a derm just to be safe