Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arcade

Dry Eyes - really worried! Help!

Hi, I've been on Accutane since September. I've been doing pretty well, it's near changed my life! I have dry skin and dry lips, both of which I can deal with fairly easily with good moisturiser and Hydromol - these are not a problem.

What I'm really worried about is my eyes. They become very red and tired, sometimes they ache, and get progressively worse at evening time after a long day. I apply drops about 3 times a day and these do help temporarily, maybe for a few hours. Basically I've just read stuff on the web about people having dry eyes for many years after they've taken accutane. Is this likely? I'm just so worried about that!

I've had dry eyes for the past 10 weeks or so, as I said, I am using eye drops frequently and they do help. What else can I do? I think drinking more water and looking at screens less would probably ease the dryness. Please help! Thankyou!

Wow I am actually having the same problem! However, I wear contacts so I think that doesn't help even though this never happened prior to tane. I work with kids and they started asking me why my eyes are the color red..lol And I work with 2 and 3 year olds. So the fact they have notice also means its pretty bad. I am curious if there is anything to do.

Hi, I've been on Accutane since September. I've been doing pretty well, it's near changed my life! I have dry skin and dry lips, both of which I can deal with fairly easily with good moisturiser and Hydromol - these are not a problem.

What I'm really worried about is my eyes. They become very red and tired, sometimes they ache, and get progressively worse at evening time after a long day. I apply drops about 3 times a day and these do help temporarily, maybe for a few hours. Basically I've just read stuff on the web about people having dry eyes for many years after they've taken accutane. Is this likely? I'm just so worried about that!

I've had dry eyes for the past 10 weeks or so, as I said, I am using eye drops frequently and they do help. What else can I do? I think drinking more water and looking at screens less would probably ease the dryness. Please help! Thankyou!

Hi it's good to know that someone out there is in the same situation! Sometimes people ask me if I'm ok, I guess it must look as if I'm crying lol. I'm off accutane in two weeks, just hoping that my eyes will return to normal. I don't think the cold air of January and the central heating helps either!

Hi it's good to know that someone out there is in the same situation! Sometimes people ask me if I'm ok, I guess it must look as if I'm crying lol. I'm off accutane in two weeks, just hoping that my eyes will return to normal. I don't think the cold air of January and the central heating helps either!

Artificial tears with a cellulose/polysaccharide eye moisturizer are your best bet to combat this. They can be a little expensive, but regular use will really help. Stay away from "red eye" products, as these constrict blood vessels and lead to more irritation in the long run.

I still have some occasional dry eye trouble if I wear contacts for too long (I took Accutane several years ago). Eyedrops work well if you're consistent about them.

Edited by greentiger87