Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im not sure about all of you but I have always suffered from acne since I was a teenager and It never bothered me, had marks on my face and pimples but I just used to look forward going out everyday that I never focused that much on my face. Then whe facebook became such a popular thing and I started to feel depressed because freinds would upload photos of themselves and its only till then that I noticed my skin issues. im not blaming facebook. Does facebook also make any one of you feel sad sometimes. i seem to compare myself to others and I know I shouldnt but when you are the only one with skin problems out of all your friends, it get really embarassing to even put a photo of yoursel up there.!

I dislike when people post a bunch of pictures of themselves. I think it's absurdly vain.

Especially when they're pictures of them in a foreign country,faire,some special events...I don't want to see someone's face in those pictures,I want to see their surroundings.

Also, I know quite a few "camera whores" and they are very good at manipulating the lighting to make them look better in their pictures. That's not how they look in person...

I dislike when people post a bunch of pictures of themselves. I think it's absurdly vain.

Especially when they're pictures of them in a foreign country,faire,some special events...I don't want to see someone's face in those pictures,I want to see their surroundings.

Also, I know quite a few "camera whores" and they are very good at manipulating the lighting to make them look better in their pictures. That's not how they look in person...

Exactly. I don't have any pictures of myself on there. All my friends know what I look like anyway. I only posted some pics that I thought might be of interest to others.

You can tell that someone is full of themselves when they have like 800 self portraits on their page. :rolleyes:

Hahaha. You guys! I don't think it's bad to post some pictures of yourself. It's your page after all. Especially if there are other people in them.

800 self portraits does = full of it though

<-- camera whore :lol: I won't hesitate to admit I manipulate pictures. I'm with bek on this one. The skin part doesn't bother me anymore, but body image sure does. I've got some cute friends and can't help comparing sometimes.

Agree. I can't stand those "myspace photos". there are 2 variations:

a. bathroom shot: crooked picture of person with phone in hand (obviously a mirror reflection) making a sideways mouth/kissy face. white flash streak optional.

b. self-portrait: hold the camera away and up. hand on hip. best kissy face.

personally the only pictures of myself are some cute ones I set as profile pictures. I think it's redundant/vain/silly when someone has an entire folder titled "me <3" or whatever.

Yup, I hate it. I just have pictures of myself from a distance. For some reason you can't really see my red marks even when I'm fairly close to the camera, but in person, it's pretty easy to spot. Not sure how that makes sense....

Facebook is the absolute worst. Whenever I'm out with friends the camera comes out I die a little inside, because I know this will be up online. Next day when I wake up, logging into the site with '______ has tagged you in 1 new photo' isn't the best morning wake up!

Facebook is the absolute worst. Whenever I'm out with friends the camera comes out I die a little inside, because I know this will be up online. Next day when I wake up, logging into the site with '______ has tagged you in 1 new photo' isn't the best morning wake up!

When the cameras come out when I'm hanging with friends, I hide, so luckily no pictures of my awful face have popped up online.

Just untag yourself from the photo's you dislike. That's what I do..

Edited by Hello_Kitty_89

Im not sure about all of you but I have always suffered from acne since I was a teenager and It never bothered me, had marks on my face and pimples but I just used to look forward going out everyday that I never focused that much on my face. Then whe facebook became such a popular thing and I started to feel depressed because freinds would upload photos of themselves and its only till then that I noticed my skin issues. im not blaming facebook. Does facebook also make any one of you feel sad sometimes. i seem to compare myself to others and I know I shouldnt but when you are the only one with skin problems out of all your friends, it get really embarassing to even put a photo of yoursel up there.!

aww bless you, i can feel your pain, but i always feel i look alot better in my pics than in reality...you could always edit your pics and change the lightings and you wont be able to see any of your skin problems, seriously i look a million dollars in my pics but in reality i'm soo ugly with all the acne and acne scarring lol. i have alot of random people on my list (facebook friends) and soo many of them have asked me for my mobile number and told me i'm soo beautiful lol and i know they would never say that if they saw me in reality...so facebook is the only place where i feel beautiful...i always feel so ugly and suffer from very low self esteem but when i'm on facebook i feel gorgeous :)

Just untag yourself from the photo's you dislike. That's what I do..

Or you could just close your Facebook down. Nearly all of my top friends have deleted theirs so there's pretty much no reason for me to even have it anymore.

Facebook is nothing more than a social joke. And the joke is on the ones who take it seriously.

Another option is to tell your friends not to tag you or take pictures of you. Just say you don't like it.

Lol - i do that all the time. :P

Thank you everyone for the advice and replies! yeah I do think facebook is a bit of a joke, not to mention that the 300 or so 'friends' that people have on their accounts are not actually their true friends. :)

Somebody just posted a photo of me and my ex...who I broke up with last June :/

And now with the 5 photo thing it was there in my 'main pictures'

*untag*

I just hope my current boyfriend hasn't seen that!

Tagging is freaking evil.

lol

x

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

Lol - i do that all the time. :P

lol

but claudio btw! y u on this site at all, cant rly see no acne on u bro!

I agree completely with you, It lowers my self-esteem and I try to limit myself on the website, but there's something about it that always reals me in.