Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

washing face three times a day

would it be okay to wash my face with only water in the morning and then once again in the afternoon after a work out and then finally use a gentle cleanser like cerave or acne.org at night?

I have really really oily skin. The oil blotting tissues actually seems to break me out!

after the afternoon wash, should i reapply benzoyl peroxide or just a moisturizer would be fine?

Edited by mboona

Dan really does not recommend washing more than twice daily. Here are his tips for exercising when you are on the Regimen. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#sweat

The Regimen needs to be followed precisely in order to achieve best results. If you deviate from it, you may not be able to get optimally clear.

Hope that helps.

But wouldnt leaving all the oils and moisturizer on my skin for 12 hours+ mean more of a chance for breakouts? I'm relatively clear now, with the occasional cyst on the chin every other week or so. I've also noticed that blotting, no matter how gentle, with the oil blotters will give me breakouts 2-3 days after and I've tested it many times.

A few months ago I tried only washing my face once a day and I noticed increased breakouts by the end of the week. I think maybe Dan recommends only cleansing twice a day, but splashing with just water for a few seconds and then reapplying bp or moisturizer can't hurt? my skin is super super oily but can be dry if I don't moisturize... but by the 2nd hour after washing, it's an oily slick again.

another thing I've noticed is that if my face feels dry (despite being oily) and I apply more moisturizer, i will have a greater risk of breaking out a few days later- since likely applying the moisturizer on top of the oils somehow pushes the oil down or irritates the skin further.

so what I think is that I should try to wash only my chin since it is my main problem area three times a day to see if there's an improvement. Even though my forehead is very oily too breakouts are very rare, especially now that I have added bp to my regime of differin and clindimycin. - but on my chin bp only shrinks the size of pimples, but do noes not completely eliminate them from forming. I was using Nuetrogena on the spot for 3 weeks with much success, no new breakouts at all, until a few days ago. I just got dan's bp in today and used it this morning and wow, it sure didn't leave my chin feeling super dry at all.!

Edited by mboona

But wouldnt leaving all the oils and moisturizer on my skin for 12 hours+ mean more of a chance for breakouts? I'm relatively clear now, with the occasional cyst on the chin every other week or so. I've also noticed that blotting, no matter how gentle, with the oil blotters will give me breakouts 2-3 days after and I've tested it many times.

A few months ago I tried only washing my face once a day and I noticed increased breakouts by the end of the week. I think maybe Dan recommends only cleansing twice a day, but splashing with just water for a few seconds and then reapplying bp or moisturizer can't hurt? my skin is super super oily but can be dry if I don't moisturize... but by the 2nd hour after washing, it's an oily slick again.

another thing I've noticed is that if my face feels dry (despite being oily) and I apply more moisturizer, i will have a greater risk of breaking out a few days later- since likely applying the moisturizer on top of the oils somehow pushes the oil down or irritates the skin further.

so what I think is that I should try to wash only my chin since it is my main problem area three times a day to see if there's an improvement. Even though my forehead is very oily too breakouts are very rare, especially now that I have added bp to my regime of differin and clindimycin. - but on my chin bp only shrinks the size of pimples, but do noes not completely eliminate them from forming. I was using Nuetrogena on the spot for 3 weeks with much success, no new breakouts at all, until a few days ago. I just got dan's bp in today and used it this morning and wow, it sure didn't leave my chin feeling super dry at all.!

Well, for one, you can use paper towels or toilet paper squares to blot.

And rinsing with water DOES mess with the skin, and re applying BP would cause excess irritation, so i would definitely STOP rinsing in the middle of the day.

And i really doubt applying moisturizer over oily skin causes breakouts, since there are plenty of people with VERY oily skin, and they don't have acne, and if it does for you, just blot or wipe it off with a towel and then apply moisturizer.

ive noticed that wiping with towels or oil blotting sheets actually cause breakouts! ive experimented it many many times. When I experimented with only washing once a day for a 5 days i had massive breakouts on spots I would not usually breakout at all. I'm going to experiment on my chin to see, especially since my current regime isn't working, despite being on differin, clindamycin and bp with cetaphil facial moisturizer with jojoba oil. the rest of my face is clear except for the chin!! argghh

but sometimes i'll go weeks without a breakout... then bam...

but the past two days i have been unable to wash my face in 12 hour intervals... going as long as 15-18 hours without a washing and I did start breaking out- especially on the chin. The weeks prior was fine. Not 100% clear, but not like what I'm experiencing now (2 cyst like paps forming- normally I only have one at a time)

Edited by mboona

Do what works for you.

Everybody is different.

I break out whenever I fail to wash when I'm too oily.

I wash 3 times a day, sometimes 4.

I'm clear

Do what works for you.

Everybody is different.

I break out whenever I fail to wash when I'm too oily.

I wash 3 times a day, sometimes 4.

I'm clear

do u just wash with water or use any other poducts?

would it be okay to wash my face with only water in the morning and then once again in the afternoon after a work out and then finally use a gentle cleanser like cerave or acne.org at night?

I have really really oily skin. The oil blotting tissues actually seems to break me out!

after the afternoon wash, should i reapply benzoyl peroxide or just a moisturizer would be fine?

Hey man try acnescript for oily skin it helped me my skin was a sea of oil now it's not at all!

ive noticed that wiping with towels or oil blotting sheets actually cause breakouts! ive experimented it many many times. When I experimented with only washing once a day for a 5 days i had massive breakouts on spots I would not usually breakout at all. I'm going to experiment on my chin to see, especially since my current regime isn't working, despite being on differin, clindamycin and bp with cetaphil facial moisturizer with jojoba oil. the rest of my face is clear except for the chin!! argghh

but sometimes i'll go weeks without a breakout... then bam...

but the past two days i have been unable to wash my face in 12 hour intervals... going as long as 15-18 hours without a washing and I did start breaking out- especially on the chin. The weeks prior was fine. Not 100% clear, but not like what I'm experiencing now (2 cyst like paps forming- normally I only have one at a time)

Well... you're actually supposed to wash TWICE a day. not once.

And if you go weeks without a breakout... maybe its diet related? Now before you suddenly right it off like -Well, i tried diet changes, but it didn't work- it might be the problem, the Regimen got me clear around the second month, i would have days, sometimes weeks of clear skin, and then suddenly im breaking out really bad for no reason, and it turned out to be dairy.

Havent had dairy in over 3 months, haven't broken out either, except from changing cleansers.

So i would look into that, and how long have you been on the regimen? maybe these breakouts are just purging? or its from constantly switching up your routine so much? Wash twice a day, apply treatment and moisturizer/oil, theres really no need for anything else.