Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristabel

Would food allergy test work for post bcp acne?

I am thinking of doing a York test (food allergy test) to see if there is any foods that are acne causing for me.

The acne though is acne after stopping birth control so is there any point in doing a food allergy test? or is the acne gonna happen anyway from stopping the birth control, regardless of what i eat?

Well even though your acne may be caused by hormones that were kept under control while on the birth control pill, your hormones are still affected by what you eat and how you live your life. Hormones are part of your body, and are affected by lifestyle as well as anything else in your body. They aren`t a separate entity.

So what I`m saying is that improving your diet and lifestyle will help no matter what `caused`your acne, in this case going off birth control pills. Going off the birth control shot when I was a teenager is also what began my skin to begin breaking out, but it still responded very well to improvements in diet etc.

But the food sensitivities test specifically... I`d say that depends. How long have you been off the birth control, and how much does it cost?