Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

be careful with apple cider vinegar

Guest Timehealsall

just a heads up to you guys, i used this on my face a while ago, and unfortunately it broke m out like crazy. It also left me with pitted scars ( i think the apple cider irritated my skin so bad that my skin cud not handle the inflammation)

How much did you use? Long ago when I used it I added 1 tablespoon to a bowl with water and rinsed my face.

Also be careful if you drink it as well, it can wear away your voice and teeth. The stuff is good when its inside you but it can do some damage along the way.

Well your reaction is not very common.

Did you dilute it?people start of with a 50:50 ratio and add/subtract as they feel necessary for their own skin.

Guest Timehealsall

i diluted it for a week or two and then used full strenght on my face (maybe thats why it caused pimples) Do you think i could have permanently damaged my face?

The weird thing is, my skin did not look or feel irritated at all. Maybe the apple cider was bringing the pimples from the inside?

ACV never worked for me, tried it on my skin and drinking it (diluted) for a month. It just made my skin worse, it's too harsh. I will never go back to that stuff again.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

whenever i drink water i either drink it fresh either add lemon either acv, but no specific regimen about it or anything just go as i feel.

and i also made toner with acv, idk at what ratio but acv i think was a bit less than half however, i cleanse with it once or two times per day and so far so good, no different break outs than usual or anything :/ cant say about redness tho, sometimes it seems it helps a bit sometimes no, so idk, just that it never break out me like for u, maybe its some sort of skin detox since u used it undiluted? like worsening before getting better maybe? :/

Yeah,if you're putting full strength on your face then it should only be a once and while thing.Using it full strength topically everyday isn't going to make your skin better more quickly,it's just going to irritate it.

And if you're going to drink it,make sure it's highly diluted in water and drink it through a straw =/

and then used full strenght on my face

This is your answer why.

Check these tips:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...logid=4314&

If you want to calm your skin down- wash with cooler temperature water, avoid all irritants- like touching your face during the day, clothes that rub your skin, etc. If you feel some gel/creme burns your skin- avoid it, at least for the nearest future.

Edit: I know this^ has been said million times, but you will see why once you try it.

Edited by extasy_crysis

I've been using cheapo distilled vinegar for a week or so now [i figure vinegar is vinegar] and been putting it on straight and it seems to be doing something. I wash it off in the shower because of the smell apart from anything but i found it less harsh than benzoyl peroxide.

We all react differently to topicals, for me the regime promoted by this site is useless.

Like most topicals vinegar isn't the complete solution for me anyway because i got cocky the other day and had my first clean shave and after the wonderful experience of vinegar on freshly shaved skin i still got white heads the next day.

If you are a masochist i recommend vinegar as an aftershave lotion. If that doesn't quite do it for you try a soothing salt mask.

Saying that i would definitely give vinegar a go topically if you haven't already. Either leave it on in the shower for as long as you can or leave it on over night if the smell isn't a problem.

I doubt it's a good idea to combine it with bp or this regime though.

Guest Timehealsall

yea so i used full strenght apple cider vinegar with mother, for like 2-3 weeks (5-6 months ago).

Could this have permanently damaged my skin?

yea so i used full strenght apple cider vinegar with mother, for like 2-3 weeks (5-6 months ago).

Could this have permanently damaged my skin?

Well did it leave you with scars?Scars ARE permanent. If your skin is just red and irritated then that will heal.

Guest Timehealsall

well, what it made me is have a huge breakout (about 5-6 papules/pustules on each cheek, and 7 pimples on my forehead).

I dont know if these pimples scarred (indents) because they area sitll has PIH.

All i know is, some of these flat red areas, when stretched seem to go indented, but when you dont stretch it, the skin is even. What does this mean?

I was just asking that can apple cider vinegar (With mother), if used in full strenght on the face, can it by itself cause pitted scarring? I.E. can it cause scarred pores or icepick type scars?

Sorry don't know much about scars.

Maybe you had an allergic reaction to the vinegar.

I know what i said is irrelevant to you but i do think it is doing something with me and as with most topicals you wil get a variety of reactions wth different people so i still think it may help other people.

I apply it straight and it does make my face red for 30 mins or so but then it goes away. I know people say not to apply it neat but some of these people use benzoyl peroxide which makes an utter mess of my face.

The irony of the scars is i think one of the methods of scar treatment is acid chemical peels and i think the vinegar is supposed to help scars.

can it cause scarred pores or icepick type scars?

Pores? No. But it can cause chemical burn, like any other acid.

Yeah,if you're putting full strength on your face then it should only be a once and while thing.Using it full strength topically everyday isn't going to make your skin better more quickly,it's just going to irritate it.

And if you're going to drink it,make sure it's highly diluted in water and drink it through a straw =/

i've been drinking ACV for a week or two now. In the morning i drink it when i wake up ... two tablespoons of ACV mixed in 14-15 ounces of water>> is that considered highly diluted? it doesn't taste too bad to me. i could prolly drink more of the stuff in less water. i like the vinegar taste.

also drink it before meals, same ratio 2 tablespoons per 14-15 ounces of water, but sometimes i do a single tablespoon with about 8-11 ounces of water>> is that sufficiently diluted too or no??

also what would be the ideal diluted mix??, cuz the bottle says a teaspoon or two per 8 ounces i believe.

And on the face, should i apply it to the whole face or just to the spots with acne and scars and can i just soak a cotton ball with water and AVC and dab my spots like that or is there a proper way of applying this topically??

Edited by Sito

I've never used it as topically. My fear would be the strong acidic effect it would have even with water. Every once in a while under zero routine I'll take a shot worth of ACV and drink a little bit of water as a chaser. I normally do this on an empty stomach about an hour before I'm going to eat. I plan on trying a green tea + AVC mixture too. I'm going to buy natural honey soon to sweeten it and see if I can't make a great tasting acne drink.

I've heard of several instances in which people have had negative reactions to topical (even diluted) ACV.

I used a VERY diluted ratio a while back. It was maybe 25:75 because I know my skin can be sensitive. It STILL burned my skin. I also drank it diluted with water. It had a nice placebo affect at first, I think, but never really did much for me.

Ideally, when is it best to drink the ACV, before or after a meal?

sometimes i start eating, then i remember the ACV so i drink it shortly after i finish my meal. is that too late?

But i usually try to drink it before a meal so it can fill me up a bit. is 2 tablespoons in 14-16 ounces ok? 1 tablespoon in 6-10 ounces ok as well? which one is better?

So, experts or those with experience and knowledge, what do you recommend?

let me know.

THANKS, Gracias, & Grazie.