Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
denverdill

Popping Technique

Hello,

Been on the site for a long time now, but haven't really posted much. I have been getting extremely large cysts on my neck for about three years now and have been popping them myself for about a year now. I feel like I have come up with a pretty good way of doing it, but I am wondering if there are some other tricks of the trade.

Usually they hang out for about a week or two before they finally begin to soften up. While doing warm compresses about once a day, being sure to not use very hot water as I found that can just cause more cysts.

Once they get softer and there is one spot that is softer than the rest, usually the skin peels the most there as well and can also darken to almost a purple color. I have found that is usually the easiest spot to poke.

I will do some warm compresses before the pop to soften things up even more. Get a new needle and be sure to wash it, burn it with a lighter for 4 seconds, then run some water over it again and wipe it clean. Then I will pop and push everything out, then warm compress until the rest comes.

Welp, that is how I go about it. Any tips you have for popping yours? Maybe tips of speeding up the process of softening the damn thing up?

post-65250-1294908285_thumb.jpg

post-65250-1294908285_thumb.jpg

hi!

if i got so big cyst on neck(which i get) i wait till they reach maximum size.that i masage them with finger and hot water (strange i know) till they become soft and feel there is just a thin skin above cyst.then i pop them with needle and squeez sebum out.it always come to surface.the scar is every time smaller than it would be if i just wait months for cyst to disapear by itself

You seriously need to go to the doctor if yours are that big!! That could be infected.. I've never seen a cyst so large.. Please don't mess with it! Get it looked at! An infection that close to your brain is never a good thing to mess with.

I use to pop mine but I would use a hot wash cloth. You are currently doing the same technique I used to do.it didn't help most of the time, they just kept on coming back!

I heared about this sea salt soak that works pretty good. pour a cup of sea salt in a bath as hot as you can stand it and soak for 30 mins.you wanna do this every night and take a shower after. You can get the sea salt at the grocery store. You wanna get the large cardboard container

With the metal spout thing.

You seriously need to go to the doctor if yours are that big!! That could be infected.. I've never seen a cyst so large.. Please don't mess with it! Get it looked at! An infection that close to your brain is never a good thing to mess with.

Yeah, cysts that size are no joke. Those are really close to some important lymph nodes. I'd definitely go have a derm. do it.

Go to a derm or even a regular general practice doc. You're inviting lymphatic infection.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

wow those are some hugeass cysts o__O and u mean they r like filled with puss? have u tried tea tree oil? it should dry them out if u apply every day overnight, imo after week it should be half of size then :/ bcz i wouldnt recomend popping them as neck area is pretty dangerous, i honestly heard once that some girl even died .__. after picking pimple on her neck bcz she touched artheria or something, well idk but no kidding its truth. i think it would be better to not touch them :l also if u can go to doc or something :/

Don't mean to be offensive, but I've never seen a cyst thats THAT big. Are you sure its even a cyst and not some other disease? I'll think you should get it checked man.