Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

interesting article on benzoyl peroxide

found an interesting article on benzoyl peroxide:

http://www.ehow.com/list_6293340_benzoyl-peroxide-risks.html

the website is obviously not credible (like wikipedia) but i thought i would put it up here anyways..

I don't know why everyone hates on wikipedia. Yes, it's nice to go to the original source, but Wikipedia has been shown to be far more accurate than conventional encyclopedias, written by a limited pool of editors prone to errors. Crowd-sourcing works...

And the article above actually lists its sources, remarkable for ehow.

Anyway, everything it lists are standard possible side-effects of benzoyl peroxide. Nothing new.

Guest Timehealsall

sebacious hyperplasia is a standard side effect for benzoyl peroxide? wtf?

sebacious hyperplasia is a standard side effect for benzoyl peroxide? wtf?

Yup. Really rare, but known as a possible side effect. So rare in fact, that sebaceous hyperplasia is often treated with benzoyl peroxide.

You can't expect a drug to be able to interact with your body and not have a chance of side effects in some people. The same power to modify physiology that makes a drug useful, also makes it unpredictable and potentially dangerous. This is true for virtually ANY chemical that is of any use to us. Including all those wonderful things from nature.

You can sit around and worry about the risks endlessly, or you can weigh them rationally, and live your life.

Edited by greentiger87

Guest Timehealsall

call me crazy, but it feels like acne is one of the worst fucking diseases...

Your body cant combat it, yet topicals can even make it worst. Is there any way to honestly prevent acne scarring? just makes me want to cry...

call me crazy, but it feels like acne is one of the worst fucking diseases...

Your body cant combat it, yet topicals can even make it worst. Is there any way to honestly prevent acne scarring? just makes me want to cry...

ya mate i feel your pain all of us do..it sucks i know..and worst of all is when you have acne, people who doesnt will always try to give lame ass advice as though they know alot about acne when THEY NEVER EVEN HAD ANY! it sucks!