Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brighteyedjulia

Starting makeup again...

Hey guys, this is my first post. I have been on the regime for 3 months now and also totally makeup free for that long. Previously I had worn a full face of makeup everyday and had bad acne. Now my skin is beautiful, scar free and at most I get a single blemish with my menstrual cycle each month. My skin is also extremely dry from a very underactive thyroid which also makes me sensitive. Now I want to start wearing some makeup again but not at the expense of my skin. I have really embraced the natural look in the last few months and spent the time and energy I used to put into makeup on my skin, eyebrows and hair.

I want to continue to look natural and stay healthy - how much makeup would you recommend? I was thinking of going to Sephora tomorrow and getting lipstick and cream blush, but now I'm considering eyeshadow and liner. I absolutely refuse to wear mascara though as it irritates my eyes and makes my lashes break off.

Hey guys, this is my first post. I have been on the regime for 3 months now and also totally makeup free for that long. Previously I had worn a full face of makeup everyday and had bad acne. Now my skin is beautiful, scar free and at most I get a single blemish with my menstrual cycle each month. My skin is also extremely dry from a very underactive thyroid which also makes me sensitive. Now I want to start wearing some makeup again but not at the expense of my skin. I have really embraced the natural look in the last few months and spent the time and energy I used to put into makeup on my skin, eyebrows and hair.

I want to continue to look natural and stay healthy - how much makeup would you recommend? I was thinking of going to Sephora tomorrow and getting lipstick and cream blush, but now I'm considering eyeshadow and liner. I absolutely refuse to wear mascara though as it irritates my eyes and makes my lashes break off.

u should stay away from foundation if u dont have any blemishes...just put on a bit of powder with a brush and that's it...as for eye shadow, u dont really need that, if u want to look more natural, u can use an eye liner, and lip gloss, then the powder...those should be enough :)

i agree. just avoid foundation. i have pretty good skin and just completely avoid foundation. if you dont really need it then dont wear it! A bronzer or illuminator would be good though to bring out your cheek bones!

I agree, avoid liquid foundation. You COULD use the Bare Minerals but you mentioned your skin is quite dry so I'm not sure how well any powder might wear throughout the day. Playing up the eyes with eyeshadow is always fun, whether it be bold or something completely natural (: If you're wanting to go with the eyeliner, I would suggest using a pencil because a gel/liquid liner is obviously going to defeat the purpose of a natural eye but it's up to you. Good luck!