Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wenwen02

What are some good alternative moisturizer?

I have been using Dan's new moisturizer for at least a week now and it seemed to be moisturizing at first but now there are tons of flakes around my chin every time I open my mouth to eat. It is really embarrassing...I try to add more jojoba oil in my moisturizer but it is still not moisturizing enough. And I used to oily skin! now Dan's regimen turns my skin to dry skin. I just wonder if there is any good alternative moisturizer that I can use to replace Dan's new moisturizer? I've heard people talking about Cetaphil moisturizer but does it take care of flakes better than Dan's new moisturizer?

Are there variations of Cetaphil Moisturizer or just one? I was looking for one in CVS today and could not find it. Where do you guys get it? I see drugstore.com has one for 10 bucks, 16oz.s

I did not notice any additional shine or oil. One pump is good, though, don't use three like with Dan's.

I got mine at Meijer; I assume it would be available at most drugstores or Big Box type stores. There are variations of Cetaphil. The one you want is called Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and comes in a 16-oz pump bottle. If you see a generic, that should be fine as long as the ingredients are the same.

Does Cetaphil Moisturizer cause breakout? Because I look at the review for Cetaphil Moisturizer and some people say it breaks them out :(

i prefer cerave cream on super dry skin and cetaphil facial with SPF on oily areas (it's much less thicker compared to the cream)

I just used the Cetaphil Moisturizer last night and the texture was really thick compared to the Dan's new moisturizer. It took me a long time to just blend it on my skin. It was greasy as heck too! but I have to say it has amazing flake defying power. Now im going to use it for a week to see if it cause any breakout :)

Does Cetaphil Moisturizer cause breakout? Because I look at the review for Cetaphil Moisturizer and some people say it breaks them out :(

No, it does not cause breakouts. It's on Dan's recommended list of moisturizers. You have to take reviews with a grain of salt. Chances are something else was causing those people's breakouts, and they wrongly attributed it to the Cetaphil.

It is much thicker than Dan's moisturizer and more difficult to apply, but you will get used to it within a couple of days.

I dislike the "new" moisturizer with licorice root.

I try to use it only on my body, I find it has no benefit for my face.

Just like the AHA+, I find it causes breakouts. The use it until breakouts don't happen anymore, I don't buy into.

My sister gave me a sample of Proactive green tea moisturizer and after one application I noticed a HUGE improvement on the texture of my skin. After using it for a few days I would have to say that it does even help fight against breakouts as well. Amazing product.

Only thing I don't like is the price, I would never buy it.

Am going to try Alba Aloe & Green Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer for my face next I think, sounds promising.

Cetaphil is your best bet, though it may make your face pretty damp and oily.

Would be best using it as a night time moisturizer.

Other than that, for daytime i recommend something Oil-Free to prevent shine.

I use Eucerin with Smoothing Essentials. It's wonderful for getting rid of flakes. It left me looking a bit oily in the morning so I used to use blot papers but now it's just perfect for my skin. It has some AHA in it too which leaves your skin feeling really smooth.

I use 1 pump of Dan's moisturizer in the morning because its great at setting my face up for my makeup.. but at night i need something more soothing so i've been mixing 1-2 pumps of Cetaphil Moisutrizer with 1 pump of Jergens Overnight repair moisturizer and its amazing! Its been great so far and I have hardly any flakes when I wake up!

Hi everyone. I've been using BP for about a week and now my skin around my nose, mouth and under eyes is very dry and red. Especially under my eyes skin is very red and I don't know what to do, it looks terrible. I stoped using BP and it's not getting better. Maybe it's some kind of allergy? I wasn't applying BP near my eyes so I don't understand what had happend. Maybe I did something wrong?

Hi everyone. I've been using BP for about a week and now my skin around my nose, mouth and under eyes is very dry and red. Especially under my eyes skin is very red and I don't know what to do, it looks terrible. I stoped using BP and it's not getting better. Maybe it's some kind of allergy? I wasn't applying BP near my eyes so I don't understand what had happend. Maybe I did something wrong?

It's normal to be red and flakey for the first few weeks. I've experienced it too. I tried the exfoliating method by messaging my face with jojoba oil and it helped a lot but it also caused break out so I stopped using it. I think you should keep using BP since this is just a reaction of skin getting used to BP. Do you use a very moisturizing moisturizer to help with your dry skin?

I got my CeraVe Moisturizing lotion, started using it and it is great. I was thinking about using Cetaphil but opted out cause I read it makes you shiny and has a thick texture which I hated about Dan's old moisturizer. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion is VERY light and VERY moisturizing and not shiny at all, I totally recommend it!

I hated the DKR lotion as well and I think it was caused my current horrible breakout so I just recently switched to the Olay complete lotion with SPF15 and it's amazing. it takes care of flakes and leaves my skin soft.