Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
srgyork

NEED HELP WITH DIET!!

Hi I am a 22 year old male and need a really good diet that can help acne. :think:

I am bad with diets so any advice would be appreciated. I already drink lots of water. And I stay away from soda and energy drinks. But food wise I don’t know what helps and what doesn’t, so if anyone can tell me what not to eat, what to eat that would be wonderful. And if I were to take a vitamin which one should I pick that can help. Thanks everyone.

As for diets:

Stay away from greasy, fried, sugary, fast foods. Stick with natural real whole foods. Also, I have been reading some posts regarding carbohydrates and the glycemic index. In a nutshell, eating bad carbs can make your blood sugar levels spike having an effect on acne. There is more too it and i'm sure other members can explain how it relates to acne better than I can.

Simply put, your best bet would be to consume mainly fresh fruits and veggies. Lean meats. Whole grains, oats, ect. Eat close to the earth! No processed stuff. I know adding green tea to your diet helps a lot too. Its got great antioxidants.

If you eat a lot of dairy, perhaps decrease your intake for dairy is an inflammatory. Drink lots of water and exercise. Not only will this help with acne but it will make you a healthier person as a whole.

As for vitamins:

B5 (Pantothenic Acid), B6, and Zinc can all help with acne.

For other natural remedies, try checking out the reviews section of Acne.org under the household/natural category. I have found some great ideas there.

Good luck :)

As for diets:

Stay away from greasy, fried, sugary, fast foods. Stick with natural real whole foods. Also, I have been reading some posts regarding carbohydrates and the glycemic index. In a nutshell, eating bad carbs can make your blood sugar levels spike having an effect on acne. There is more too it and i'm sure other members can explain how it relates to acne better than I can.

Simply put, your best bet would be to consume mainly fresh fruits and veggies. Lean meats. Whole grains, oats, ect. Eat close to the earth! No processed stuff. I know adding green tea to your diet helps a lot too. Its got great antioxidants.

If you eat a lot of dairy, perhaps decrease your intake for dairy is an inflammatory. Drink lots of water and exercise. Not only will this help with acne but it will make you a healthier person as a whole.

As for vitamins:

B5 (Pantothenic Acid), B6, and Zinc can all help with acne.

For other natural remedies, try checking out the reviews section of Acne.org under the household/natural category. I have found some great ideas there.

Good luck :)

I guess this is quite healthy diet one could get. Its good for overall health too.

Also we can add vitamin A,C and E or fish oil for supple skin.

Yes, except the whole grains part. I'm not saying everyone needs to cut them out completely. I eat them. But everyone should avoid them completely for a while to check for intolerance, wheat and gluten containing grains especially. Few people are intolerant to oats or rice. But grains are not health foods, no matter how whole they are.

Edited by alternativista

Gluten is bad for everyone. If it effects you or not, it's honestly better to live without. There is no point to put your digestive organs in harm. If I were you I would do what I did to clear my acne and find out what foods bother you. Go on a diet for at least 2 weeks consisting of nothing but vegetables, mainly green veggies, and avoiding tomatoes and anything white, also corn. With the veggies eat skinless boneless healthy chicken breasts. Drink 1-2 gallons of water a day. Honestly that is the best and pretty much only way to go. Veggies and clean chicken are extremely rare to be allergic to, and is a shot at mars to cause acne for you. Anything else adding in can just be a big mess sorting what gives you problems.

Even eggs can be a big allergy to people. I have found out through going that way that I get acne and other problems from gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, and some fruits.

Or you could just try my diet, excluding the oatmeal and rice. My diet is a great way to start that is full of nutrients and anti-inflammatory foods.

^Here's a link to a list of hypoallergenic foods which also happen to be some of the most nutritious foods. Chicken isn't on it, although it's also nowhere near the top of the list of the most common allergy causing foods.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2400195

If you are trying to figure out what to eat, you may as well pick from these beneficial foods few people are intolerant to.

Edited by alternativista