Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Number1nerd

Clinique 3-step regimine?

I'm going on accutane soon, and I've been thinking about what sort of skin care regimine to use once i'm off it. The clinique 3-step skin care line is very alluring to me, because of its department store prestige. I like the fact that it has a toner, because i've heard toning is very good for your skin. I've also been thinking about Proactiv, or perhaps sticking with Cetaphil products...

Any suggestions?

i've had friends who've been on accutane.

they all say

MILD MILD MILD!

that said

my sister the doc says clinique is harsh.

the scrubs on proactiv may be too harsh too.

try cetaphil

or purpose

or dove.

all very very mild.

however.. that said

i do not use any of the above currently

but have tried all of the above.

The Clinque thing is currently my 'regimen'. It seems to be working quite well for me so far! My mom has the most gorgeous skin, and it's all she's used all her life. I'm hopeful! biggrin.gif

I tried that right before I went on Accutane. It was WAY too harsh, but it's probably okay if you have MEGA robust, ultra oily skin.

I wouldn't recommend it.

I have a friend that completely cleared up from a moderate case of acne with the clinique 3 step regimen.

I've used clinique for a five years and love it I get comments all the time on my skin which is amazing considering how bad it use to be. I do the three step twice a day and just use a very small amout of the moisturizer, which I love the most.

I used the clinique 3 step thing for about a week- and it was good, but i wasn't using any creams on my face at the time. When i started using cream though, my skin went into a rash because the toner was so harsh! its good if your not using creams though! eusa_think.gif

I used this program for several years and I would not recommend it based on my own experience...it did nothing for my skin. In fact I think it probably exacerbated my acne (the cleansing part clogged, and the toner irritated)...I think the marketing really worked on me I'm embarassed to say.

Have you ever read Paula Begoun's books or looked at her site? http://www.cosmeticscop.com She does consumer reviews of "beauty products"; I've found her information to be indispensible (saved me a ton of money too). Her site does sell her own products, but if you just click on the "Learning" links, they will take you to information only, with no product area. Her books are usually in public libraries. She has some wonderful info on acne!