Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
srgyork

new and need some smart input!!!

Hi, so I have had acne for a while now and I just came across the regime program. My face seems to be really dry most of the time I think it’s the dryness that is causing me to break out.

For the morning I wash gently in the shower with warm water. And then apply my 5% BP on affected areas (cream based) and then apply Nivea Moisturizer for men.

At night I wash my face again with water and apply the BP and the Nivea again.

I find that my face is very dry in the mornings when I wake up even if I apply Nivea.

My face has it on the forehead and temple regions

And my neck has some cysts.

On top of that I have no experience with diets and I don’t think I eat properly. The only thing I do right is drink lots of water.

So can anyone please give me some tips to improve my regime, and if anyone has good information on good diets can you please tell me, I am male and 22 years old. I will really appreciate the help, thanks.

Hi, so I have had acne for a while now and I just came across the regime program. My face seems to be really dry most of the time I think it’s the dryness that is causing me to break out.

For the morning I wash gently in the shower with warm water. And then apply my 5% BP on affected areas (cream based) and then apply Nivea Moisturizer for men.

At night I wash my face again with water and apply the BP and the Nivea again.

I find that my face is very dry in the mornings when I wake up even if I apply Nivea.

My face has it on the forehead and temple regions

And my neck has some cysts.

On top of that I have no experience with diets and I don’t think I eat properly. The only thing I do right is drink lots of water.

So can anyone please give me some tips to improve my regime, and if anyone has good information on good diets can you please tell me, I am male and 22 years old. I will really appreciate the help, thanks.

Well, for one, you need a better moisturizer.

I suggest either CeraVe lotion/cream, or Cetaphil moisturizing lotion.

And 5% BP is a lot more drying than 2.5%, so i'd try to get 2.5% BP if you can, if not, i'd try applying less so your skin can try to adjust, and i'd look into jojoba oil or another oil to help with the dryness.

I see nothing wrong with not cleansing, as long as you get all the dried BP and moisturizer off.

And diet wise, i'd check out the nutirition and holistic boards for information on that.