Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falnhart

What Happened to ann_a_bell?

Awww, I didn't even see this thread. Thanks! I'm doing well. It's been almost eight weeks since my dermabrasion. Everthing healed up very quickly!!! The pinkness has almost completely faded. My rolling scars have pretty much disappeared, and my complextion looks much smoother, but my scarring was pretty severe. I will be going back on Jan 3rd for a second full-face. Then hopefully I will be a little more satisfied with the results.

Ann,

Do you have any pictures of your scarring or can you describe it and what type of results you got. Sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself from a previous post.

John

Hey Ann Marie, I'm glad you're still here. Why don't you try to have Dr. Y. do some punch floats/elevation for your deeper scars a month before your next dermabrasion. Did he mention punch floats during your first visit with him? BTW I'm set for derm. Nov. 29 and Oct. 26 for a float or two.

-Nic

Well John, I have no pictures of myself w/o makeup on and you can't really see any scarring, plus the camera conceals everything. My scars were rolling, icepick, and boxcars. My rolling scars, have pretty much disappeared, those were the areas that changes drastically. My boxcars are still visible, but considerably smoothed out. As for the icepicks, dermabrasion does very little for them. My overall complextion is much smoother. My skin has not looked this good in years and years.

Nic,

Hey sweetie! I'm not even really sure what punch floats/elevation are. I don't know what type of scarring they are for or what they do. Dr. Y. never mentioned anything like that to me. Do you think he would have if I needed it? What is the cost for them and the down time? What do they do? Finally, are you getting a derma. afterwards and how soon?

Hey Ann Marie, You have to look into it. There is a poster by the name of Kiki (LOVE) who had ice picks and Dr. Y. used punch elevation for them a month before her dermabrasion. Now she's practically 100% scar free, and the surgical scars from the punch elevation are completely gone too. Look in Leopolda's dermabrasion thread, the last 6 or 7 pages. There are many pictures on there. It's only 50 or $60 per punch elevation/float. He basically brings the icepick or boxcar to the level of surrounding tissue before he dermabrades your skin. You could be free of those scars by this method. There is virtually no downtime, just small pieces of tape over the scars that are punch elevated for about 5 days. I'm not sure why Dr. Y. didn't mention it, but I guess he doesn't want to appear as though he's making more money off people. Then again, it's a simple and cheap procedure. Maybe it's because he first saw you when you were there for dermabrasion. Or if you sent him pics, not sure why in that case. I'm getting the dermabrasion about 4 weeks and 3 days after the punch elevation/float. That's just the right time to eliminate the surgical scar from the elevation.

1. Punch replacement: removal of the pitted scar with a hair-transplant type punch which is then replaced with a skin graft, usually from behind the ear. This is usually the most successful method for deep scars.

2. Punch excision: removal of a pitted scar. The wound is then closed and allowed to heal.

3. Punch elevation/Punch float: the scar is cut loose from the bottom, but not discarded. It is allowed to float up to the level of surrounding skin.

hope this help you!

So...is a punch elevation/float the same as a subcision? What instrument are the Dr's using to do the floats? A "biopsy punch", a knife blade, or ????