Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm aware that my scaring is not as bad as some people on here, but i do have it moderately bad. (its quite bad, but could be worse) and in link to the other tread, when i met this lass she was like i'm really good looking.

How can anyone think i'm good looking i'v got scars, :/

Then i start to think is she just being polite,

Anyone else feel the same?

If people didn't think so, they wouldn't bring it up. And your core physique can still be attractive even with scars and acne. Remember, others don't always see what you see in the mirror.

If people didn't think so, they wouldn't bring it up. And your core physique can still be attractive even with scars and acne. Remember, others don't always see what you see in the mirror.

Well i wouldn't say i'm fit physically. :/

It might just be me being paranoid but i think people say it and don't mean it.

Like your friend wouldn't call you ugly. That sort thing, if you get me.

Some people are going to think you're unattractive because of your scarring.

Some people don't mind it.

Depends on who you ask!

Either way,people have different standards of what is acceptable for someone's appearance. I think guys with tons of muscle are repulsive.Does this make me shallow? I really don't think so.

Some people wouldn't date someone obese,some won't date shorter people,we all have something that turns us off. Some people will be turned off by scarring,other people won't. It happens! You can't get all depressed over it.

Beauty is relative.

Ya, what I meant was that some people see past your acne and scars.

I remember the lady who sold me my first apartment had fairly bad acne but it didn't bother me at all. I still thought she was damn cute.

Ya, what I meant was that some people see past your acne and scars.

I remember the lady who sold me my first apartment had fairly bad acne but it didn't bother me at all. I still thought she was damn cute.

I guess, i just don't seem how anyone can.

I guess the only way out, is to get rid of them, otherwise i'll always think i'm ugly etc.

With that kind of attitude you won't find someone that will be attracted to you. You need to be confident in yourself. Some people can look beyond what's on the surface. Don't think all people in the world are shallow.

Actually just today I went to the store and was helped by this guy who works there to find something and he had acne scars and I thought he was really cute. The acne scars didn't bother me at all.

With that kind of attitude you won't find someone that will be attracted to you. You need to be confident in yourself. Some people can look beyond what's on the surface. Don't think all people in the world are shallow.

Actually just today I went to the store and was helped by this guy who works there to find something and he had acne scars and I thought he was really cute. The acne scars didn't bother me at all.

I am confident.

I'm just saying that i find it hard to believe that people think i look good.

I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what we say,you're still not going to believe people find you attractive.

Yeah.

But i was just asking if anyone else feels the same way i do about there scars.

I was bullied for years, told i was ugly for everyday for about 4 years, i can't help that, or that i got scars, or that it's also a scarred me emotionally

I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what we say,you're still not going to believe people find you attractive.

Yeah.

I was bullied for years, told i was ugly for everyday for about 4 years, i can't help that, or that i got scars, or that it's also a scarred me emotionally

A good friend of mine told me what OmegaisJaded has said about a year ago and it was a bit of a turning point - I had to change the way I thought about myself. There was a time when I just couldn't take compliments, especially from lads of interest. I'd always make up an excuse in my head for why they were saying nice things. For instance, if someone compliments me on a picture, my first instinct is to say that I'm wearing make up, or the camera flash is flattering, or it's the way I'm standing, instead of just saying thanks! That voice is my head is still there, I just interrupt it :) I realised that I was never going to be happy in any sort of relationship if I kept behaving like that. So I sympathise with how you feel, and it's much easier to say - but if you have a nice girl who likes you, just go with it :) Sometimes we're our own worse enemies!

Edited by becbee_11

Yeah.

A good friend of mine told me what OmegaisJaded has said about a year ago and it was a bit of a turning point - I had to change the way I thought about myself. There was a time when I just couldn't take compliments, especially from lads of interest. I'd always make up an excuse in my head for why they were saying nice things. For instance, if someone compliments me on a picture, my first instinct is to say that I'm wearing make up, or the camera flash is flattering, or it's the way I'm standing, instead of just saying thanks! That voice is my head is still there, I just interrupt it :) I realised that I was never going to be happy in any sort of relationship if I kept behaving like that. So I sympathise with how you feel, and it's much easier to say - but if you have a nice girl who likes you, just go with it :) Sometimes we're our own worse enemies!

Thanks for replying (:

Yeah maybe your right, maybe i'm over thinking things.

We're all awful at taking compliments. My boyfriend says he thinks i'm beautiful without make-up.

Without make-up?

When my skin is red raw and glowing after it being washed off and the acne is on show.

The heavy scarring on my forehead.

Eww.

My eyelashes are blond! I'm a natural blond you see, so they look short and non-existant when my make-up's off, I look like a boy. Eww....

My eyes do this weird colour changing thing, why can't they stay green or blue? why change?

My nose is huge.

My jaw is tiny. (Pierre Robin Sequence)

Why does he think i'm beautiful?

Because he's not shallow and he loves me for who I am and maybe just maybe he thinks I am pretty?

I thought I'd give you a list of my 'weaknesses' to show you that we're all the same!

We all look in the mirror and think Eww.

But there is somebody out there who doesn't.

You just need to be confident enough to forget what YOU see in the mirror and find them.

i have to agree that people are gonna see things about you that you find difficult to see in yourself.

maybe you were raised to be very modest, and in turn that made it hard to accept compliments bc you didn't want to be arrogant about it. there's nothing wrong with thinking you look good. lol -- it doesn't automatically make you a conceited person. i know that is getting off topic, but just sayin.

Edited by indayden_den

I sorta hit a breakthrough right.

People say i'm good looking, through photo's etc.

Because they can't see the scarring (as well).

So doesn't that make you good looking, cause it's only your skin?

If that makes sense.

I sorta hit a breakthrough right.

People say i'm good looking, through photo's etc.

Because they can't see the scarring (as well).

So doesn't that make you good looking, cause it's only your skin?

If that makes sense.

I think in your case- your skin isn't affecting your attractiveness that much. I don't want to say that is true for everyone because I KNOW people will start arguing. But I don't think you have anything to worry about. Enjoy what you have while you are still young and carefree (ish)!

omg i totally feel the exact same way like some pus in my new school like he & tell me I'm pretty but I honestly don't see how like WTF are they blind i can't even look at myself in the mirror I rather think I'm pretty then have other people think I am / -:

omg i totally feel the exact same way like some people in my new school like me & tell me I'm pretty but I honestly don't see how like WTF are they blind i can't even look at myself in the mirror I rather think I'm pretty then have other people think I am / -:

omg i totally feel the exact same way like some people in my new school like me & tell me I'm pretty but I honestly don't see how like WTF are they blind i can't even look at myself in the mirror I rather think I'm pretty then have other people think I am / -:

Isn't the point of fixing yourself up and trying to improve upon your looks so people will think you're pretty? What you said makes no sense at all.

Nobody wants to look attractive solely for themselves.

Its weird, lots of people tell me I am good looking as well, which I don't think I am a bad looking guy, but think very negative of my skin. Ive had several girlfriends from the past and they I tell me Im handsome or w/e and don't really mention anything about my acne (its confuses me) I guess people don't notice my acne and the same for you as well. I don't think people will just tell your good looking for no reason, I am sure they mean it. And if someone judges on your scars/acne then they are not worth even thinking about bro.