Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 25 and have a good 10 years of crying, fighting and being downright harsh to my face and think I'm starting to get it right.

This is what I'm using.

100mg of Spironolactone (been taking this for like 6 months)

I wash day and night with Cetaphil Antibacterial for dry, sensitive skinThen I tone with Neutrogena Triple Action Toner Acne Stress ControlThen I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing LotionI take a daily vitamin that I bought super cheap and also a vitamin B complex 100Another thing I LOVE is I started drinking this brand of juice you can buy at wal-mart called Genesis Today, they have certain ones that have different fruits and things in them known for helping skin, hair and nails and it'll say on the bottle. But this juice creates a healthy glow for me and they are all very good for you. (Look in the refigerated juice section)

I can't wear make-up..which was really hard as first because it's like a security blanket but I can tell a huge difference when my pores don't have make up clogging them. I tried all different make up..stuff that was suppose to be good for acne..it all broke me out. I've tried baking powder which at first really seemed to help but after a month or so...my skin was horribly dry and I had like..burn marks. I think the key for me was finding out not to use harsh stuff..no BP for me...my skin freaks out. It took me a while to figure that out because all I heard was BP was good but not for all people. It's too harsh for me.

Let me know if you want more info. I hope I can help someone cuz I know I've struggled.

Edited by IJustWannaLookHealthy

I'm 25 and have a good 10 years of crying, fighting and being downright harsh to my face and think I'm starting to get it right.

This is what I'm using.

100mg of Spironolactone (been taking this for like 6 months)

I wash day and night with Cetaphil Antibacterial for dry, sensitive skinThen I tone with Neutrogena Triple Action Toner Acne Stress ControlThen I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing LotionI take a daily vitamin that I bought super cheap and also a vitamin B complex 100Another thing I LOVE is I started drinking this brand of juice you can buy at wal-mart called Genesis Today, they have certain ones that have different fruits and things in them known for helping skin, hair and nails and it'll say on the bottle. But this juice creates a healthy glow for me and they are all very good for you. (Look in the refigerated juice section)

I can't wear make-up..which was really hard as first because it's like a security blanket but I can tell a huge difference when my pores don't have make up clogging them. I tried all different make up..stuff that was suppose to be good for acne..it all broke me out. I've tried baking powder which at first really seemed to help but after a month or so...my skin was horribly dry and I had like..burn marks. I think the key for me was finding out not to use harsh stuff..no BP for me...my skin freaks out. It took me a while to figure that out because all I heard was BP was good but not for all people. It's too harsh for me.

Let me know if you want more info. I hope I can help someone cuz I know I've struggled.

first off can i say if thats you in your profile pic, you look really pretty :) but my question is do you think the moisturizer works well? i need to find a new one, currently using clean and clear dual action moisturizer, but leaves my skin too dry, so any reccomendations? thanks.

The Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion is the best I've found. I was using Cetaphil and I thought that was doing a good job until I decided on a whim to get Aveeno. I could not believe how much better the Aveeno was. Even though the Aveeno doesn't specifically say for the face..it still was much better. Aveeno doesn't break me out at all..and it doesn't give me a red tint. For some reason the Cetaphil did make my face red for a while after I put it on, I think it may have been because it has oil in it. I highly recommend the Aveeno, it does the job. Even during winter when I usually get dry areas, this stuff just moisturizes without being greasy.

Another thing the Cetaphil did during warm months was when I sweated at all if I was outside..the sweat would collect on the top of my skin all weird. It made me feel gross and like I sweated more.

The Aveeno feels good putting it on, it makes my skin dewy, not oily. It doesn't break me out at all, I love it. The price might be a little higher but they have different size bottles which is nice. If I'm short on money and need some...I'll just buy a smaller bottle. I will say that I bought the store brand of Aveeno lotion and didn't like it as much..it spelled bad. So just stick with the regular Aveeno brand lotion if you're going to try it. Let me know how it goes!:)

I'll probably stick with the Aveeno forever. The Clean n Clear dual dried me out too.

The Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion is the best I've found. I was using Cetaphil and I thought that was doing a good job until I decided on a whim to get Aveeno. I could not believe how much better the Aveeno was. Even though the Aveeno doesn't specifically say for the face..it still was much better. Aveeno doesn't break me out at all..and it doesn't give me a red tint. For some reason the Cetaphil did make my face red for a while after I put it on, I think it may have been because it has oil in it. I highly recommend the Aveeno, it does the job. Even during winter when I usually get dry areas, this stuff just moisturizes without being greasy.

Another thing the Cetaphil did during warm months was when I sweated at all if I was outside..the sweat would collect on the top of my skin all weird. It made me feel gross and like I sweated more.

The Aveeno feels good putting it on, it makes my skin dewy, not oily. It doesn't break me out at all, I love it. The price might be a little higher but they have different size bottles which is nice. If I'm short on money and need some...I'll just buy a smaller bottle. I will say that I bought the store brand of Aveeno lotion and didn't like it as much..it spelled bad. So just stick with the regular Aveeno brand lotion if you're going to try it. Let me know how it goes!:)

I'll probably stick with the Aveeno forever. The Clean n Clear dual dried me out too.

Hey there.

I am on my 6th months spiro treatment too. My skin has been so dry that it was giving me weird itchy bumps on neck and jaw line. To combat that, I started using cetaphil cream, and kept getting one or two irritated tiny red bumps, and 5 days later I had even more. So today I washed my face and I put on aveeno daily moisturizer. And I did not itch at all like I do with Cetaphil cream. I am hoping aveeno turns out to be good for me. is it still working for you?