Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulyD

When is the point you go for excision instead of more lasers, needling and subcision?

I've been through the lasers. 7 fraxel restores, 2 vbeams. I've done subcision. I was about to being stamping but like i might get some improvement but these boxcar scars and ice pick will ALWAYS be boxcar scars and ice pick no matter what I do. I'm so sick of having to take care of my scarred skin so much. Stay out of the sun, make sure it's properly moisturised, can't use that product it'll aggrivate the scars, can't use that product it'll make my scars look dry, be careful when my skin is too oily. I wake up and my scars look their best and then after breakfast the worsening begins. Skin texture turns horrible after washing my face, scars get deeper as the day goes I think that's coz eveyrone's face kind of swells while sleeping.

So do I know just go for excision? A few good docs have told me to try rolling and stamping for a year and then try excision because excision is the last stop any scar sufferer can go. I agree with that in part but I read about treatments to make the excised scar look better and that surgical scars are much easier to treat then acne scars.

Guys please help me out here. I know it's a personal decision but those who have walked in my shoes or those who are walking? I would without a doubt trade a few line scars on my face for the most severe boxcar scars I have. But then what if the excision scar breaks or something else happens or if i heal badly and am left with a huge raised scar on my face? Help meeeee

I'm walking in your shoes bro. I wish I had the answers but all I'm doing right now is searching. Subcision brought now results for you? I'm thinking about subcision and microneedling but who the hell knows. I see people on this forum getting results from dermarolling/stamping. That's my only option for now.

It the scar is deep and depressed and yes a excision is most likely the best solution. Your doc is right..if all else fail that might be the last resort. Have you tried a combo of subcision and filler along with pulsed dye laser to promote faster healing and to remove the redness?

I was thinking about filler but one doc told me it'd be a waste of money because I had boxcar scars and theyre badly shaped i think filler would help to some extent but it'd cost almost 1000 to do it :S

I have a consultation with another plastic surgeon in 2 days, will let you guys know what happens.

far too risky considering all the treatments i've had and the fact that i'm fighting moderate hyperpigmentation from stupid fraxel.

Fillers won't work for boxscars. That's true.

I think people should do excision or subcision before lasers. My rationale is to do those and then if they don't work move up to lasers: least invasive----> invasive.

I don't know where dermarolling fits in to this since it's so new, but since it's less invasive than lasers I would try that before laser as well.

em, skin needling isn't new at all. It's one of the oldest forms of anti ageing treatments. One cosmetic surgeon said subcision then fraxel straight after but it's all aboùt knowing your skin and mine is extremely sensitive so i said no plus i really didnt feel comfortable with him look up my previous threads so know why.

I woul disagree that excision is the least invasive, it's pretty much up there with c02 as the most invasive. It is afterall minor skin surgery and when putting it in perspective, it's major considering how devastating it would be to end up with worse scarring.

em, skin needling isn't new at all. It's one of the oldest forms of anti ageing treatments. One cosmetic surgeon said subcision then fraxel straight after but it's all aboùt knowing your skin and mine is extremely sensitive so i said no plus i really didnt feel comfortable with him look up my previous threads so know why.

I woul disagree that excision is the least invasive, it's pretty much up there with c02 as the most invasive. It is afterall minor skin surgery and when putting it in perspective, it's major considering how devastating it would be to end up with worse scarring.

skin needling is the most limited in helping scars. why do you think it's always paired up with retin-a and/or vit-c to increase collagen. most of the results is just swelling. single needling made my scars worse, more indented.

I see you are aussie, same here mate.

I haven't seen pictures of your scars but I would recommend a cosmelan treatment. It can completely get rid of your hyperpigmentation and smoothen out the texture of your skin. I myself tried a cosmelan treatment and 2 Mixto FX lasers for my scarring and am quite happy with it. Feel free to PM me for more details.

To my knowledge, subcision doesn't work on boxscars bc they aren't bound down.

lol that's the whole point of subcision, to release the bound-down scars :P

Has subcision worked on boxcars for you? Have you tried TCA cross?

Subcision didnt work and im not willing to go through several subcisions to improve the depth of boxcar scars because firstly, they will never fill in significantly and secondly, the ugly shape of the scars will still remain :( Never tries tca, my scars are too broad...

To my knowledge, subcision doesn't work on boxscars bc they aren't bound down.

lol that's the whole point of subcision, to release the bound-down scars :P

I know which is why it doesn't work on boxscars because they're not bound down.

Has subcision worked on boxcars for you? Have you tried TCA cross?

Subcision didnt work and im not willing to go through several subcisions to improve the depth of boxcar scars because firstly, they will never fill in significantly and secondly, the ugly shape of the scars will still remain :( Never tries tca, my scars are too broad...

Subcision shouldn't have been done on your boxscars.

my dermatologist dont allow me for do excision..

but my scar very annoy me..

what ur suggest everyone?

im hopeless bcos my scar..

my scar isnt deep enough but i have ice pick and boxcar scar..

my dermatologist dont allow me for do excision..

but my scar very annoy me..

what ur suggest everyone?

im hopeless bcos my scar..

my scar isnt deep enough but i have ice pick and boxcar scar..

my derms stick only with tca peel and subcision..

i think isnt help enough with both procedure..

im confused..

im just get subcision one month ago..

i want trade my boxcar with red linear scar..

absolutely it give me more confidence than acne scar in my both cheek..

:doubt: :doubt:

bump

Funny, i'm still facing the same dilemma however i have been stamping for the past 3 months

You have been through a lot. Sorry to be blunt but maybe the way your skin heals, just sucks? Your scarring will only improve as much as your healing allows it. Scar treatments basically destroy the scar tissue and it's up to your body to replace it well or not...

chris brown can u plz post pics of ur scarring? im really curious to c how are ur scars because i tooo suffer from box scars and ice picks..