Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anthrogal

bleaching effect

I've been doing the regimen for over 2 weeks now, and I've noticed my face is quite a bit paler than the rest of my body. I don't know if it's because I've been wearing a lotion with SPF 15 everyday or what, but it looks kind of funny especially since the rest of me is tan. Is it the BP? What can I do to make my face less pale?

(On the up side, my face is clearer and SO soft!)

bp does not bleach your face (well at least i don't think it does) in fact most of hte time, it does the opposite, and makes it redder!

what it will bleach is towles , face cloths , and your hair (i now have some rather funky high-lights, which can be a bit of a pain explaining to people!)

"can I do to make my face less pale"

let your face see some sunlight!

but not too much, just a bit.

I've been to the beach 4 times in the past 2 weeks, and though my face is normally glowing after sun exposure, it's pretty dull and pale (sorry to repeat myself). I haven't been putting on any more sunscreen than usual, and you would think that the 45 on my body would do more than the 15 on my face. I'm considering using a bronzer or something because it looks funny.

Oh well, can't complain when my skin is almost perfectly clear!

^ not that I have observed - my skin is exactly the same colour as it was before and I have been using the regimen for well over a year. Dan has been using bp for over 7 years...it would be intesrting to hear his results.

"It bleachs your skin over time. "

do you have scientific proof to back that up

not saying that i don't belive you, just that if it does i'd rather know that it does by reading a fact, as opposed to some random person on a message board........nothing personal! laugh.gif