Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luisodude

anyone used proactiv skin lightening lotion?

so i have been on proactiv for a while because nothing worked for me (benzaclyn, tazorac, retin a, etc) and it has cleared up my acne mostly, but the problem is that it doesnt look like it because my problem areas are so red!! ahhhhh i hate it. well anyways does the proactiv skin lightening lotion work?

thanx!!!

I'm wondering the same thing. Today I was considering on buying it but I dunno. Anyone out there use it????

i dont know specifically what it has but i think ill order it or make the drive up to a mall where they sell it and see what happens ill let u know after i get it

Actually I work for proactiv at the chandler mall in chandler arizona.. and for hyper pigmentation the Skin Lightening Lotion works great. It has 2% of the hydroquinone (sp) and I have MANY clients that use it! It is to be used after your repairing lotion (wait about 5 mins) and then apply the lotion and wait another 5 minutes before you go to bed. You want to wear a sunscreen during the day to ensure the pigmentation doesnt get darker. So yes it works great! I've used it myself!

Lindsay

sooo could you use the proactive skin lightening lotion whileee your using any other acne medication? i'm using roaccutane/accutane and it works just like the proactive is working for the acne for others, but it is leaving behind the red scars...so can i use the skin lightening lotion while i'm on the accutane? thanks

sooo could you use the proactive skin lightening lotion whileee your using any other acne medication? i'm using roaccutane/accutane and it works just like the proactive is working for the acne for others, but it is leaving behind the red scars...so can i use the skin lightening lotion while i'm on the accutane? thanks

You should use the lightening lotion AFTER your tane course, because tan make your skin dry and sensitive. So you should avoid using any hash chemical while you are on tane.

Once, I used nose strip while I was on tane...and it took my whole skin layer away from my nose..

Yes..I was so stupid and couldn't leave my house for almost a week :doh:

My bf tried to stop me, but I didn't listen..It was the most terrible experience while I was on tane lol :rolleyes:

Good luck;)

Actually I work for proactiv at the chandler mall in chandler arizona.. and for hyper pigmentation the Skin Lightening Lotion works great. It has 2% of the hydroquinone (sp) and I have MANY clients that use it! It is to be used after your repairing lotion (wait about 5 mins) and then apply the lotion and wait another 5 minutes before you go to bed. You want to wear a sunscreen during the day to ensure the pigmentation doesnt get darker. So yes it works great! I've used it myself!

Lindsay

Hi, I currently use the proactive and it worked great on my acne. But the slightly red marks are still there. I was wondering if you know if I can use the skin lightning lotion under a mineral foundation powder? And does the lotion solve uneven skin tone problem also?

i've used the skin lightening lotion from proactive and i love it. it has faded old acne scars that i had from years ago. i used to have a lil rosacea on my cheeks next to my nose and it cleared that up too. my skin is beatiful and clear. i used it every moring and night. it doesnt smell very well but it has sulfur in it and thats the key ingredient to fading those ugly red marks.

Listen up everyone!

I am writing this because Proactive seriously f***d up my skin. (I never had cystic acne until I started Pro-active. Firreal).

As for lightening lotion, all you need is a cream with 2% hydroquinone. That's the active ingredient, and any other ingredients are bonus (provided they're good ones).

I use Palmer's eventone skin milk. It has aloe vera, and all kinds of good antioxidants. The best part? It costs $5--and it works!

I'm always all about finding cheap knockoffs, and usually, they're out there, and just as good, if you just look for'em :)