Notifications
Clear all

My Lush Routine

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 01/07/2011 4:03 pm

Day 1

After giving the Acne.org Regimen a go over Christmas, I decided that it just wasn't for me after suffering with extremely bad dry skin and redness. I was even more embarrassed going out in public with my skin like that than I ever was with acne flare ups. I stopped using the BP about a week ago. All of the dry skin has disappeared now but I have had some really bad breakouts this past week.

I did a bit of research online whilst on my downer last weekend and some people have had some real success with Lush products. I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and give them a try. Besides I've got nothing to lose. My order finally arrived tonight. It consists of:

CoalFace and Fresh Farmacy - both cleansers that target skin like mine. I'll use CoalFace in the morning and Fresh Farmacy at night.

Tea Tree Water - toner that is pretty self-explanatory!

Saving Face - a serum that balances sebum production.

Vanishing Cream - moisturiser that eliminates oil production throughout the day.

Grease Lightning - tea tree based gel to treat existing blemishes.

Cosmetic Warrior - face mask to combat spots.

I've used Fresh Farmacy, Tea Tree Water, Vanishing Cream and Grease Lightning tonight. My left side is really bad at the moment which I think is my skin recovering from the BP. Anyhow, I'm going to keep a log of how things go and update with pictures on a weekly basis. My skin just feels a little tight at the moment which I guess is to do with the soap ... who even puts soap on their face these days?!!

post-142553-1294433729_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1294433739_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1294433729_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1294433739_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 01/14/2011 4:28 pm

Day 7

I've been doing the Lush Routine for a week now and although I've not seen massive improvements with my breakouts, my complexion is the best it has been in years. My pores are smaller and my skin is much smoother. My frown lines are less prominent. I've been using a Fresh Face Mask every other night which seems to be working wonders.

It's early days but so far so good :)

Excuse the headphones in the pictures ... I can't get enough of the new Chipmunk and Chris Brown song, Champion!

post-142553-1295040142_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1295040151_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1295040142_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1295040151_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@volcanicskin)

Posted : 01/14/2011 8:21 pm

I certainly can tell a difference in the tone of your skin, it looks wayyy better!

I also tried Dan's Regimen but I had the dryness and redness as well. Plus, it gave me lines on my face I didn't have before.

Then I went on the "caveman" for 50 days or so and yeah... I'm still trying to recover from that.

I'll be interested in seeing your progress. I am using Mario Badescu products right now which has really helped for the week I have been using it, but I can't shake those pesky blackheads which inevitably give me cysts.

I'll be watching for your updates! I hope it goes great for you, you already look fantastic.

MemberMember
(@ashala)

Posted : 01/15/2011 12:28 am

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

MemberMember
(@cakeonaplate)

Posted : 01/16/2011 2:29 am

your skin has definitely improved! I would say that its impressive :)

its such a lovely thing to say "My LUSH routine" !

seems like you are on the right path ( I had no idea this icon existed until now...funfun)

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 01/16/2011 3:23 pm

I certainly can tell a difference in the tone of your skin, it looks wayyy better!

I also tried Dan's Regimen but I had the dryness and redness as well. Plus, it gave me lines on my face I didn't have before.

Then I went on the "caveman" for 50 days or so and yeah... I'm still trying to recover from that.

I'll be interested in seeing your progress. I am using Mario Badescu products right now which has really helped for the week I have been using it, but I can't shake those pesky blackheads which inevitably give me cysts.

I'll be watching for your updates! I hope it goes great for you, you already look fantastic.

I'm glad somebody else can see a difference. Sometimes I think I'm imagining it as it's only been a week. Thanks for the lovely comments. I think the mask makes a huge difference and my skin just looks so much calmer after using it. I'm not too sure if you have a Lush near you or even if you want to try it but I've heard that the Mask of Magnaminty from there is really good for clearing blackheads!

I'm surprised you are able to use so many of their products without breaking out, considering almost all of their products contain at least one ingredient that has been determined on lists to be comedogenic! I've tried all their cleansers except for Angels on Bare Skin - only Herbalism didn't break me out. The others broke me out and irritated me! Even Aqua Marina! I tried two toners and a few of the moisturizers, which all caused problems for me.

I really hope that the routine helps though!

I thought I would start breaking out all over the place too with using so many but I've not, which is great. I definitely didn't know about most of the products containing a comedogenic ingredient!! I'm not too familiar with comedogenic ingredients but I think my acne is more hormone related as I break out badly when I'm stressed. When I was 19 years old, I used to sleep with my make up on and never really take it off properly in the mornings before applying it again and I never used to get a single breakout! It's obviously punishing me now!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is going to continue the way it has been!

your skin has definitely improved! I would say that its impressive :)

its such a lovely thing to say "My LUSH routine" !

seems like you are on the right path ( I had no idea this icon existed until now...funfun)

Thanks! I thought it sounded nice too! I love the icon too ... it's class!!

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 01/22/2011 2:55 am

Day 14

So another week down. That's a fortnight I have been using only Lush products. I've ran out of Vanishing Cream so I have been using the Saving Face serum as a moisturiser which is actually less drying than the cream so I don't think I will buy any more of that. My skin still feels very soft and my complexion still looks great. I have had more breakouts this week which is a bit of a pain but I know that I need to give this time. Apparently it can take a month or two before you can really see whether a product is going to work or not. I really need to stick to this one as I always give up too soon!

The left side of my face is starting to look a bit better but the right side is still very angry!! I'm not entirely sure why but I've woken up this morning and it looks like it is finally starting to heal (fingers crossed). I am going to make some small changes to my routine as after a couple of weeks of using them, I can see which ones are best for my skin at the moment.

Cleanse AM & PM with Fresh Farmacy

Tone with Tea Tree Water

Treat with Grease Lightning

Moisturise with Saving Face

CoalFace seems to be irritating my active breakouts so I will use this as an exfoliator once they are healed. I've still been using a Fresh Face Mask every other day - Cosmetic Warrior. They only have a shelf life of 4 weeks and I only have about 1 or 2 applications left. I'm thinking of changing this to Cupcake which is apparently also good for problematic skin. I'm also going to introduce Tea Tree Toner Tabs. You pop them in a bowl of hot water and steam your face with them.

I noticed that I have quite a few blackheads now my skin is starting to even out a bit and they have a cleanser/ mask for this. It's called Mask of Magnaminty so I might incorporate that too but I need the advice from my fellow lushies first because I already use a cleanser and a mask.

I'm still very impressed with the results so far. It's just a bit of a waiting game now with the breakouts!

post-142553-1295682720_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1295682728_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1295682720_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1295682728_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@jessyl)

Posted : 01/22/2011 5:48 am

Wow, youre skins looking so much better. I have been popping in to see how its working out for you and it seems to be going great.

Your face defintely looks less angry and inflamed :).

MemberMember
(@pussycat84)

Posted : 01/24/2011 12:25 pm

Wow, that's a really big improvement! I've been checking in every now and then to see how you're going and you look great! In fact after reading your log I just went out and bought Cosmetic Warrior, hope it works for me too.

Looking forward to your next update! :D

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 01/24/2011 2:17 pm

Wow, that's a really big improvement! I've been checking in every now and then to see how you're going and you look great! In fact after reading your log I just went out and bought Cosmetic Warrior, hope it works for me too.

MemberMember
(@pussycat84)

Posted : 01/24/2011 2:31 pm

Awww! Good stuff :) Some people are a little put off at the smell of Cosmetic Warrior but personally, I can't even smell anything! LOL.

Well, I'm sat here with it on and I'm getting a hint of tea tree, but nothing repellent! reading the reviews on the Lush website made me worry it was gonna be absolutely foul...but, meh! Nothing really!

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 01/25/2011 2:01 pm

Awww! Good stuff :) Some people are a little put off at the smell of Cosmetic Warrior but personally, I can't even smell anything! LOL.

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 01/29/2011 8:46 am

Day 23

It's been 3 weeks on this routine and I think I have found what works for me. My really bad breakout on the right side of my face has finally started to heal. By about Tuesday, I had no active blemishes and was able to use CoalFace as an exfoliant to take away the dry patches and some of the redness. I woke up on Thursday morning with a few new pimples but they have healed now, just leaving a small red mark. I need to try and find something from Lush for hyper-pigmentation. I might leave a note on the forum to see what suggestions people come up with me.

I'm freaking out a little bit as I ran out of Cosmetic Warrior the other night and haven't been able to get a replacement yet. The website is down because of the card details hackers and I had to cancel my debit card for the same reason, I have no means of getting any more at the moment. I'm a little concerned as to how this may affect my skin. Only time will tell I guess. I have posted some new pictures for your perusal - enjoy! x

post-142553-1296308652_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1296308664_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1296308652_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1296308664_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@pussycat84)

Posted : 01/29/2011 2:14 pm

Day 23

It's been 3 weeks on this routine and I think I have found what works for me. My really bad breakout on the right side of my face has finally started to heal. By about Tuesday, I had no active blemishes and was able to use CoalFace as an exfoliant to take away the dry patches and some of the redness. I woke up on Thursday morning with a few new pimples but they have healed now, just leaving a small red mark. I need to try and find something from Lush for hyper-pigmentation. I might leave a note on the forum to see what suggestions people come up with me.

I'm freaking out a little bit as I ran out of Cosmetic Warrior the other night and haven't been able to get a replacement yet. The website is down because of the card details hackers and I had to cancel my debit card for the same reason, I have no means of getting any more at the moment. I'm a little concerned as to how this may affect my skin. Only time will tell I guess. I have posted some new pictures for your perusal - enjoy! x

Wow! Your skin is looking awesome! I've used Cosmetic Warrior twice now and quite impressed with the results. So glad I found your blog and discovered it! Hope you get a refill soon

MemberMember
(@volcanicskin)

Posted : 02/04/2011 12:23 pm

Wow. Your results are absolutely remarkable. I am so impressed by how well your skin has healed with Lush that I think I will have to give Lush a go myself. You skin looks amazing. Luminous, calm, and uninflamed. Beautiful!

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 02/05/2011 1:27 am

Wow! Your skin is looking awesome! I've used Cosmetic Warrior twice now and quite impressed with the results. So glad I found your blog and discovered it! Hope you get a refill soon
MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 02/05/2011 1:45 am

Day 29

Almost a month now. I can't believe it. This has got to be the longest time I have ever stuck with one routine for my acne. Looking back through previous weeks, I think I did suffer with an initial breakout after the first week but I'm still so impressed with the results. Dare I say that I will never go back to using anything else??

I've still not been able to get any more of Cosmetic Warrior so that has been well over a week without that now. I think the mask definitely helps prevent breakouts and calms the redness. In the past week, I have had a couple of spots appear but the next day they were pretty much healed. I was getting bad breakouts along my jawline and I've not had that now since starting this regime. The red marks that are left from blemishes are still a problem. I haven't yet tried a product that helps that but I have been advised this week that a facial scrub from Lush called Ocean Salt should do the trick. For people with dry, flaky skin it is supposed to be used once a week as an exfoliator and for oily skin, as a daily cleanser. I'm hopefully taking a trip to Lush this afternoon to stock up on some bits and may put this in my shopping basket to try!! I was thinking of using it on the days when I don't use a mask. Trial and error I guess.

I've added some more pictures of my progress ...

post-142553-1296888150_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1296888161_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1296888150_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1296888161_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 02/12/2011 2:34 am

Day 37

I've had a few spots appear this past week, whether it's because I've had my period or because I've changed my routine slightly, I'm not sure. I've pretty much ran out of Saving Face now and as it has been discontinued, I couldn't get it when I went to the store last weekend. I did buy Ocean Salt however which I have used about 3 times now. As it is made from Sea Salt, it stings my face a little but the results afterwards are well worth it. The skin is smooth and the red marks are definitely fading/ improving. I've done comparison pictures this morning from Day 1 of the routine and this morning. The most recent ones are the ones on the left. Oddly enough, I can't see that much of a difference!! Well, not as much as I was expecting!

post-142553-1297495959_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1297495968_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1297495959_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1297495968_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 02/19/2011 3:00 am

Day 43

I've not been having a very good week at all. My skin has broke out more than it has throughout me being on the routine and I'm not sure what has caused it. I have mixed my routine up a bit. I've been using Ocean Salt twice a day (morning and night), apparently you're supposed to use it two or three times a week due to how abrasive it is - oops! I've been skipping using the Tea Tree Water, don't really have any excuses for that and the pump on my Grease Lightning stopped working so I couldn't apply that to any existing spots for days. On top of all this, I've ran out of Saving Face now so I've been using a Summer Glow facial moisturiser from The Body Shop. I've been drinking a lot more coffee than normal and have had quite a few sugary snacks as of late. I can only put that down to being under pressure at work.

Ok, so maybe I lied when I said I don't know what has caused it reading that back! Back to basics I think. As Saving Face has been discontinued and I can't get that anymore, I am trying one of the Boots Botanics moisturisers for the meantime. I've got the Skin Calming Cream which is supposed to be great for reducing redness and reactivity. Even better, it has an SPF15!

Mornings - CoalFace, Tea Tree Water, Grease Lightning and Skin Calming Cream

Evenings - Fresh Farmacy, Tea Tree Water, Grease Lightning and Skin Calming Cream

I'll still use Cosmetic Warrior every other night (note to self: running out!) and I'll perhaps use the Ocean Salt when I am suffering with dryness after a breakout. I'll see how I go with that!

Here are some pictures of me struggling with my breakout this week. I've got a really nasty cystic spot on my right cheek. Ouch!

post-142553-1298102272_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1298102280_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1298102272_thumb.jpg

post-142553-1298102280_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@accushame)

Posted : 02/19/2011 6:08 pm

kirstie! your skin looks great, 2 posts ago you said "oddly enough i can't really see the difference".. you're blind! your skin is so much more radiant and calm then on day 1, definatly keep this up lady! if i hadn't bought like 2000 year's worth of dan's BP/cleanser/moisturizer i would probably consider switching to Lush seeing as there is a Lush store 15 minutes away from my house :) ill be checking in to see your progress

MemberMember
(@pussycat84)

Posted : 02/22/2011 3:24 pm

Day 43

I've not been having a very good week at all. My skin has broke out more than it has throughout me being on the routine and I'm not sure what has caused it. I have mixed my routine up a bit. I've been using Ocean Salt twice a day (morning and night), apparently you're supposed to use it two or three times a week due to how abrasive it is - oops! I've been skipping using the Tea Tree Water, don't really have any excuses for that and the pump on my Grease Lightning stopped working so I couldn't apply that to any existing spots for days. On top of all this, I've ran out of Saving Face now so I've been using a Summer Glow facial moisturiser from The Body Shop. I've been drinking a lot more coffee than normal and have had quite a few sugary snacks as of late. I can only put that down to being under pressure at work.

Ok, so maybe I lied when I said I don't know what has caused it reading that back! Back to basics I think. As Saving Face has been discontinued and I can't get that anymore, I am trying one of the Boots Botanics moisturisers for the meantime. I've got the Skin Calming Cream which is supposed to be great for reducing redness and reactivity. Even better, it has an SPF15!

Mornings - CoalFace, Tea Tree Water, Grease Lightning and Skin Calming Cream

Evenings - Fresh Farmacy, Tea Tree Water, Grease Lightning and Skin Calming Cream

I'll still use Cosmetic Warrior every other night (note to self: running out!) and I'll perhaps use the Ocean Salt when I am suffering with dryness after a breakout. I'll see how I go with that!

Here are some pictures of me struggling with my breakout this week. I've got a really nasty cystic spot on my right cheek. Ouch!

You're skin is looking awesome sweet! Really calm and looks like it's healing really well. I'm loving Cosmetic Warrior and am now on my second pot, luckily I live about 5 minutes away from my local Lush store so I never run out!

Anyways, keep smiling, you're looking great!

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 02/26/2011 2:25 am

You're skin is looking awesome sweet! Really calm and looks like it's healing really well. I'm loving Cosmetic Warrior and am now on my second pot, luckily I live about 5 minutes away from my local Lush store so I never run out!

MemberMember
(@facemaskjunkie)

Posted : 03/02/2011 7:30 pm

Hey, Am trying out Fresh Farmacy but broke out into small tiny red bumps around chin area. Is this normal or an allergic reaction? I've also heard that FF takes a few weeks to work but I'm not sure on whether to chance it by getting really red with more bumps. What do you think?

MemberMember
(@pussycat84)

Posted : 03/03/2011 6:32 pm

Excellent! I'm so glad you are loving Cosmetic Warrior too. I've been a bit lax with it this week. I think I've only used it once - oops! Have you tried any of their other stuff?

Yeah, I've just bought some Tea Tree Toner Tabs. They seem to work! Use one then do a mask apparently, quite impressed so far! :)

MemberMember
(@mrswyatt)

Posted : 03/06/2011 3:40 am

Hey, Am trying out Fresh Farmacy but broke out into small tiny red bumps around chin area. Is this normal or an allergic reaction? I've also heard that FF takes a few weeks to work but I'm not sure on whether to chance it by getting really red with more bumps. What do you think?