Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UFGirl917

Fraxel Re:Store

Has anyone had the Re:store done? Not Re:pair!

Well I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm starting to have second thoughts! I'm freaking out! I wouldn't care if I saw no results... at least I can say I tried, but to get worse after fraxel! That's what I'm scared of! She's charging me $850 for my full face and then my next treatment will be $450 for only cheeks. Anyone have any experiences they can share?

My scars starting showing up bad in June... so they are fairly new. I got my acne under control, but this morning when I woke up I got three tiny pimples! I swear from stressing so hard over this! Will she not do it b/c of that now?

Well thanks in advance =)

What the point of full face. I went to there website, it really is only for acne scars, it doesn't do skin tightening, so just focus on the scars?

Right??

If your that scared, just do a patch test, see how you react, then from there do what you want.

Edited by hello50

What the point of full face. I went to there website, it really is only for acne scars, it doesn't do skin tightening, so just focus on the scars?

Right??

If your that scared, just do a patch test, see how you react, then from there do what you want.

Well I have like 3 scars on my temples?? Maybe that's why. She wasn't going to at first & then all of a sudden she decided to do full face. I have red marks all over :/ I don't know.

I wish they would do a patch test! I will have to ask.

Right??

Well I have like 3 scars on my temples?? Maybe that's why. She wasn't going to at first & then all of a sudden she decided to do full face. I have red marks all over :/ I don't know.

I wish they would do a patch test! I will have to ask.

Make sure its not at max power, and patch test. Max power can really screw you over. Read the benefits of fraxel re:store on their site, i dont see advantages in doing full face unless skin rejuvation is one of the fda cleared uses. (this will remove red marks)

Well I just got home from getting the Fraxel Re:Store. My face is so numb omg! It's so swollen though and I'm in love with my face! Lol I wish the swelling could stay forever!!!! My face gives the appearance as if I was sweating though & I am so out of it with all the meds they gave me! I'm not red yet... I know I will be soon. What an experience! It hurt, but not as much as I thought! At one point it felt like she was cutting me with a knife. My cheeks hurt the worst. I'm just putting ice on it every hour. I'll post pictures later when I'm not messed up on all these pills. Oh yea and no one ever mentions the needles they stick in all four corners of your mouth!!!! OMG! Probably the worst pain I ever felt.

Well I just got home from getting the Fraxel Re:Store. My face is so numb omg! It's so swollen though and I'm in love with my face! Lol I wish the swelling could stay forever!!!! My face gives the appearance as if I was sweating though & I am so out of it with all the meds they gave me! I'm not red yet... I know I will be soon. What an experience! It hurt, but not as much as I thought! At one point it felt like she was cutting me with a knife. My cheeks hurt the worst. I'm just putting ice on it every hour. I'll post pictures later when I'm not messed up on all these pills. Oh yea and no one ever mentions the needles they stick in all four corners of your mouth!!!! OMG! Probably the worst pain I ever felt.

this wasn't fraxel repair? u sure?

nope she said re:pair is alot more expensive & longer down time. I'm doing good right... still not red, but I am still swollen & can't see one scar because of it.

lol. yea i swear she said it was to numb my face. she did like two on the inside of my upper lip and two on the inside of the bottom it was after the numbing cream was on for the hour... maybe b/c I was freaking out so bad. Like I was shaking really bad she gave me a pill similar to Valium to make me go to sleep I was a nervous WREAK! My friend said it was good my eyes were covered cause the needle would have freaked me out.

Well is almost 48 hours later and my face still feels like sandpaper & there are tiny brown holes where the laser hit. & I'm still pretty swollen. I have school tomorrow @ 3... prolly not going to happen! She told me I would be good by day 4...not. I do have to work tuesday morning though :/

I been putting tons of moisturizer on all day long & she gave me ice packs for the swelling. it's so boring stuck in the house all day! At least its playoff week:) I'm dreading the icthy part too... cause I'm starting too a bit :(

This is a picture of my scars... pretty much same on each check. it's horriblee. Hopefully this fraxel works. That was with make-up I also have a lot of red marks.

post-143573-1294581777_thumb.jpg

post-143573-1294581777_thumb.jpg

the one thing i can tell you about these lasers is you need 3-4 treatments atleast.

ive had 8 smoothbeams.

Yea I plan on having another in feb. & in March if everything goes ok with this, but only checks next time.

Did the smoothbeams work for you?

Edited by UFGirl917

Yeah of course. The last two treatments have yet to kick in. I enjoy it because it gives me skin tightening, as well. I dont care anymore about my scars since my first 4 treatment.

Its improved my scars around 60%(maybe more), and removed all the redness.

Not sure how your scars would react, maybe fraxel is better for acne scars.

Edited by hello50

fraxel restore isnt going to solve your problem. Restore is mainly for people who have very minor scarring and more of a problem with pigmentation and uneven skin tone. I guess it'd help that if youre white but if youre darker then that, can cause a lot more problems.

Well unfortunately I already had it done... so I will just have to wait and see what happens. I just saw her today & she says I'm healing good... thankfully. I just hate my skin being so dry & rough & red. ugh

Not sure if our scars are similar, 90% of my scars go away when I stretch my skin.

Not sure about fraxel not working or not but you need atleast 3-4 treatments.

Also I agree dermarolling/derma stamping is 1/10th the cost and would be good for you as well.

Not sure if our scars are similar, 90% of my scars go away when I stretch my skin.

Not sure about fraxel not working or not but you need atleast 3-4 treatments.

Also I agree dermarolling/derma stamping is 1/10th the cost and would be good for you as well.

Umm yea you can't see any of my scars right now b/c of the swelling so I guess that the same as if i streatched my skin. I actually got a derma roller with the fraxel (it came with it) I can't use it yet though.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use too much moisturizer? I been putting a bunch on cause I hate being so dry. Also they tell you not to peel your skin, but when I wash no matter how gentle I am my skin flakes off alot!