Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PlatinumStatus

Done with the depressed act.

Okay today I met this girl and she's inspired me a little. She's always happy, very outgoing, really popular, really nice, and she's a student ambassador at my school. And guess what? She has severe acne. I took a glance at her and the first thing that came to my mind was "she's fuckin' beautiful". She doesn't let acne get her down and control her life. And from now on, I wanna be like that too. When my face was covered in pimples, i'd try to stay indoors and hide or complain about it. I guess my point is it's only as bad as we make it. Okay you have bumps on your face...So what? It's not like you're dying. Have fun and live life. You only get one, why waste it staying at home depressed looking in the mirror making yourself more depressed? From now on, I don't care who sees me with a broken out face. If they can't look past that, oh well. Fuck em :D

Although I will say this...Little kids are annoying as shit because my little cousin asked me "why do you have bumps on your face" but now I look back on it and laugh because she doesn't know any better lmao. Oh and about the girl I met...Too bad she's a lesbian lol :(

Edited by PlatinumStatus

Yeah dude, a similar girl inspired me in high school. She didn't have acne but she was always so positive and kind. She would often hang out with me even though I wasn't all that popular or "smokin hot."

I would have loved to of gotten closer to her but I kept my distance because she was always in a relationship - and deservingly so.

But I have yet to meet a girl with as big of a heart as her. :(

Guest Timehealsall

how is your acne today bro? Find anyways to control it?

IMO, i see so many people (well a good amount) that either have a)moderate acne, b) moderate scarring and c) mild acne (this is the majority).

I mean like the previous chick mentioned, its much easier said than done. Its really fucking hard to not give a shit when you have big red spots on your face that hurt and on top of pain, those areas look so oily.

anyways, i hope you succeed.

The only problem for me (and my hyperpigmentation) is the fact that most of my classes are chock-full of extremely attractive, extremely attractive Russian women with perfect skin, perfect faces and perfect bodies that make Mila Kunis look like a pygmy goat. Seriously, I have trouble walking straight when I'm on campus. It'll be a long road before I'm ready to let go and live life like that. I'm perfectly comfortable in my bubble of insecurity :).

how is your acne today bro? Find anyways to control it?

IMO, i see so many people (well a good amount) that either have a)moderate acne, b) moderate scarring and c) mild acne (this is the majority).

I mean like the previous chick mentioned, its much easier said than done. Its really fucking hard to not give a shit when you have big red spots on your face that hurt and on top of pain, those areas look so oily.

anyways, i hope you succeed.

It's actually "clear" now. I used this panoxyl stuff over winter break and it cleared me right up. I used it before and it cleared me up, but I got lazy with it and my face broke out really bad. Yeah it is much easier said than done, but I realize that my friends don't care lol. It's all about how you look at it.

Lol sorry to hear she's a lesbian, but I'm glad this girl inspired you to not care about your acne. And you're right, if they can't look passed it then they're not worth it ;)

Yeah it totally sucked that she was a lesbian...Lol.

Okay today I met this girl and she's inspired me a little. She's always happy, very outgoing, really popular, really nice, and she's a student ambassador at my school. And guess what? She has severe acne. I took a glance at her and the first thing that came to my mind was "she's fuckin' beautiful". She doesn't let acne get her down and control her life. And from now on, I wanna be like that too. When my face was covered in pimples, i'd try to stay indoors and hide or complain about it. I guess my point is it's only as bad as we make it. Okay you have bumps on your face...So what? It's not like you're dying. Have fun and live life. You only get one, why waste it staying at home depressed looking in the mirror making yourself more depressed? From now on, I don't care who sees me with a broken out face. If they can't look past that, oh well. Fuck em :D

Although I will say this...Little kids are annoying as shit because my little cousin asked me "why do you have bumps on your face" but now I look back on it and laugh because she doesn't know any better lmao. Oh and about the girl I met...Too bad she's a lesbian lol :(

I felt like this on several occasions too. I hate to say this, but that feeling will go away once you get that next big zit or pimple

thats good u were able to overcome the psychological effects of what damn acne puts in our heads! i have a similar story that happened to me and it was last semester in college. There was this guy who i had for one of my classes and the dude had pretty sever acne, but that didnt stop him from being the one to raise his hand and askquestions all the time...he became friends with many in the class and i admired that. I thought to myself..."why cant i be like that tooo?" and well now my acne is under control and almost clear but dangg i look back in time and can honestly say i regret not hangin with the friends or goin to any places but stay in my house for the reason that "my acne was bad" u got to enjoy life becuz u really do only live once...why life it a bad way

thats good u were able to overcome the psychological effects of what damn acne puts in our heads! i have a similar story that happened to me and it was last semester in college. There was this guy who i had for one of my classes and the dude had pretty sever acne, but that didnt stop him from being the one to raise his hand and askquestions all the time...he became friends with many in the class and i admired that. I thought to myself..."why cant i be like that tooo?" and well now my acne is under control and almost clear but dangg i look back in time and can honestly say i regret not hangin with the friends or goin to any places but stay in my house for the reason that "my acne was bad" u got to enjoy life becuz u really do only live once...why life it a bad way

Yeah you do only get one life. Don't let some bumps on your face stop you from doin what you want to do. A lot of people don't even care someone has acne. And if they do, oh well why be friends with em.

yeah thats true man. today i went to my bros tournament and saw a bunch of dudes with acne and some had some pretty bomb gfs, so that pretty much says girls or ppl in general dont really seem to care much about it. Yeah theres always gonna be that person whos gonna want to ruin everything for you, but best thing is just to ignore the situation and move on.

I love your attitude on this. I wished guys would look at me the way you looked at that girl. Having low self esteem sucks and only makes me feel uglier. I mean im pretty clear now but my scarring is the thing that affects me so much. Great post! We need more people like you in this world and forums lol. BTW your good looking! :)

Edited by frannymae

Man, I really wish I could have the good attitude you now have about it, but unfortunately I can't. My problem is hideous red marks, so yeah..fucking sucks.

I love your attitude on this. I wished guys would look at me the way you looked at that girl. Having low self esteem sucks and only makes me feel uglier. I mean im pretty clear now but my scarring is the thing that affects me so much. Great post! We need more people like you in this world and forums lol. BTW your good looking! :)

Thanks you look pretty nice yourself :D

And yeah, I know how low self esteem thing feels, but I feel like I shouldn't worry about it because all it does is hold me back. I know it's hard to get over, but you gotta try or you'll never be happy. And you don't wanna spend the rest of your life unhappy do ya? ;)

Man, I really wish I could have the good attitude you now have about it, but unfortunately I can't. My problem is hideous red marks, so yeah..fucking sucks.

Yeah I understand, but it doesn't hurt to try instead of saying "I can't". Got nothin to lose by saying "I'm gonna be positive" That's just how I look at it.

Guest Timehealsall
The only problem for me (and my hyperpigmentation) is the fact that most of my classes are chock-full of extremely attractive, extremely attractive Russian women with perfect skin, perfect faces and perfect bodies that make Mila Kunis look like a pygmy goat. Seriously, I have trouble walking straight when I'm on campus. It'll be a long road before I'm ready to let go and live life like that. I'm perfectly comfortable in my bubble of insecurity :).

lmfao, no offense, but are you serious with this post? Your skin looks fine, and a few red marks aint nothing to fret over. Those girls are probably also heavily made (With make up).

lmfao, no offense, but are you serious with this post? Your skin looks fine, and a few red marks aint nothing to fret over. Those girls are probably also heavily made (With make up).

I agree. Tree, your skin looks fucking perfect. I don't see any problem with it, unless I'm like blind...

I'd kill to have skin as good as yours!

One of my new year resolutions is to have a positive attitude about my acne. Acne is a long battle that you have to go through to find what works for you. Right now my skin is at its absolute WORST. I have never seen it this bad and I just don't want to go out because of it. It also gets me feeling really depressed.

I've recently decided to stop focusing on it so much. I'm not going to let it inhibit me from enjoying my life. So many people suffer from acne and if people want to be disgusted by me or want to judge me for it, then to hell with them I don't need people like that in my life.

In the meantime I'm just going to hope for the best that I can find something that will work for me and have clear skin. No use crying about it. Acne can't go away overnight. At least not for me ;)

One of my new year resolutions is to have a positive attitude about my acne. Acne is a long battle that you have to go through to find what works for you. Right now my skin is at its absolute WORST. I have never seen it this bad and I just don't want to go out because of it. It also gets me feeling really depressed.

I've recently decided to stop focusing on it so much. I'm not going to let it inhibit me from enjoying my life. So many people suffer from acne and if people want to be disgusted by me or want to judge me for it, then to hell with them I don't need people like that in my life.

In the meantime I'm just going to hope for the best that I can find something that will work for me and have clear skin. No use crying about it. Acne can't go away overnight. At least not for me ;)

Yeah, that's a good way to look at Liss. If people think poorly of you based on your condition, then that's THEIR problem. You gotta stay optimistic and live your life regardless.