Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAlmighty

An Experiment (Long)

wait so how is your face doing??? is it clear yet???? lemme know i might wanna try this but it might be too late cuz i orderd proactiv & for that i need to wash 2x a day

I can say that im clear..i get about 1 whitehead per week,im just giving time to make sure 100%,im trying doing supposedly acne aggravating stuff like bad diet/stressing out/too much iodine/vitamin deficiency/very little sleep.Ive eaten more junk food and sweets this weekend than the last year tongue.gif

Pictures man...I want to see proof of how your skin looks, cause I'm willing to try it cause I've just gotten a break out and I'm so F****** angry cause my skin was totally clear until I finished my Nu Skin Clear Action system, I know it's expensive but it's the only thing that worked but after reading ur experience Alex I'm thinking of trying it, so if you have pictures of proof It would be nice to see.

I had some before pics but i had to format the pc.Some time ago i wanted to prove that im right etc but i found out most ppl are so brainwashed they deserve their problems.I cant change anything sadly,all i can do is lean back and laugh.It "was" a leap of faith for me to do this considering how ppl think nowadays about treating various conditions,so i advice you to do the same.

I want to try this but, before I start... what's your situation regarding blackheads? I hate blackheads. and usually, when I spend 24h without washing+SA, i get tons of them.

Basically the way your skin works is that it tries to maintain a "normal" level of oil.  This normal level is NOT really greasy.  What happens is when you wash, your skin has to overcompensate to replace the oil you washed away.

What are your sources?

Do you have access to a medical library? If so, then read the following study: "An Investigation of the Biology of the Human Sebaceous Gland", Kligman A. M. et al, J Invest Dermatol, 30:99-124, 1958.

I posted material about this issue in a couple of other threads about a month or so again, and I _thought_ that was the end of it biggrin.gif However, some people apparently never saw it, so I'm going to start a brand-new topic exclusively devoted to this issue in just a moment. We need to settle this once and for all, and then move on.

How come my face has no oil now even when i don't wash for 3 days, when it used to be really oily a few hours after i washed?

You're seriously trying to tell me that your face is less oily when you DON'T wash it, compared to when you DO wash it?? Sorry, I don't buy it! More to come...

Bryan

Why don't you go tell a dermatologist that you're not going to start making your skin oily again by WASHING it, and then tell him that you also know all about sebaceous glands! Be sure and report back to me what he says!! biggrin.gif

Bryan

In all seriousness, I can understand how difficult it can be when you're confronted with paradigm-shifting new information. That old idea has been around for a LONG LONG time! rolleyes.gif

Would you believe the new information I've given you if you were to test it yourself in a more scientific fashion, and you verified it for yourself? What I suggest is getting some Sebutape test-strips (I hope you're familiar with those) and using them during periods of both intense daily washing, and little or no washing at all. I think you'll see for yourself that your skin will indeed be oilier during the latter, not the former.

Are you willing to give it a fair test, and report the results here for everyone to see? I think everyone would find it fascinating...

Bryan

Alex, first of all, I love your quote. I have had the entire Fight Club Lyrics by The Chemical Brothers up at my cubicle for years.

Secondly, what on earth does masturbation have to do with acne? Is it just masturbation alone or is sex somehow included in this? I always assumed that orgasms and sexual enjoyment is one of the best things in the world for your body. I believe love, lust and everything in-between can actually help your appearance.