Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAlmighty

An Experiment (Long)

by the way i think alex is really on to something because i can remember when i was younger i would rarely ever take too much time cleaning my face and i didnt have 1 blemish. It's all a big conspiracy of these companies to keep you buying their shit and wasting your money for something that can be taken care without anything, unless you are genitcally programmed to get it. that sux

What i do now is

Shower everyday in the morning (GOT TO,my hair get's really greasy over night)

But in-between showering now,i don't wash my face

Before i'd shower in the morning and wash my face like 4 times after that aswell.

Seem's to working atm....only time can say what will happen next!

Not sure if the constant masturbation is a benefit but ill keep to my regular scedule.

This is actually really facinating because it makes sense that we've never heard it before, its not like companies will say "you dont need our product at all". We should cash in by making a water tight face mask so people dont get it wet in the shower.

Alex I'm thinking about trying what you're doing. Do you literally not use anything on your face? Not even a cleanser? Oh, and I never get any oil on my face anyway, so what can I expect?

Well from severe cystic acne and dripping oil to redmarks and some whiteheads with oilness just above average in about a month i would say it was worth it.

Ryan Valmont:I've been honest with you so far so im gonna stay that way..your red marks havent faded that much,it is like some kind of "illusion" because your skin isnt dry deep in the pores like before.So dont be surprised if they come back if your body decides to ditch some oil out tongue.gif

Ryan Valmont:I've been honest with you so far so im gonna stay that way..your red marks havent faded that much,it is like some kind of "illusion" because your skin isnt dry deep in the pores like before.So dont be surprised if they come back if your body decides to ditch some oil out tongue.gif

Im gonna try a VERY tame version of alex's idea, i currently wash my face 3 times a day (WAY too much i know, but its terribly oily), im gonna cut back to 2 on my forehead and see what happens. I dont have your guts alex tongue.gif

Im gonna try a VERY tame version of alex's idea, i currently wash my face 3 times a day (WAY too much i know, but its terribly oily), im gonna cut back to 2 on my forehead and see what happens. I dont have your guts alex

alexalmighty:

i'm going to try to do a toned down version of your regimen. i'm currently only using water to wash my face and have found that if i run it under the shower water it completely dries out my skin. even if i use a wet washcloth and wipe it a couple times the top layer will feel tight. which is ironic since i also literally drip oil by the end of the day.

did you ever have the bumps under your skin...ones that you couldn't necessarily see but feel when you washed your face? THAT'S my biggest killer. because they eventually become big enough to where they're a whitehead bump and then gets inflamed and red.

Hey Alex, I see you're still keeping to your system, that's good. I was reading through and seen mention about razors/shaving. I've been using the same razor for a year now. Well, I don't grow to much facial hair, lol. If I use a new razor, it kills my skin. I also have only used shaving cream a couple of times when I was younger (as it made my face breakout). I just get my face wet with warm water then shave. My face has been doing ok, I just use a lite cleanser on my face but if it's clear, I just use water.

About the army talk. Excersice helps open the pores and releases old oil in your skin, which keeps you from breaking out (well helps anyway). I would say follow these four things and you'll be alright.

1.) Only wash with water (mild cleanser if needed and nothing with micro scrubs)

2.) Excersise (good to release oil and oxygen flow in the body)

3.) Drink a glass of OJ each morning (seems to help me)

4.) Don't pop unless it has a white-head (anything else is just making it worse)

Hope this helps someone but everybody is different.

Well i think im on day 7 now and ive seen good improvement, feeling oily today but my cysts have been going a good rate, considering ive been frantically rubbing them some days. Im getting a bit of dry skin on my forehead also.

You can obtain it of a store of the health. (2.10.04) £7 for 100 capsules costs. I tried it by a month and I obtained drawee of most of my points. It felt to me that the directed light and my hands were very dry. I stopped taking from him because I wished to prove nondetergent champú. I preput myself to go behind in him but to diminish the dose to one in the evening rather that the morning and afternoon. Also you could try to exercise according to point 7 above and down to increase the circulation, as well as to take the supplement. Experienced dry hands I indicate to me the deficiency of the circulation that causes the dry hands. The exercise could also help to I navigate experienced I. 9. Give above for smoking. Noneasy I know but once you begin to feel healthier it can motivate to give to him for above. I did it when he was 30, mainly because obtained to patient every winter with a combat of the influenza that I did not obtain before. The hipnotismo is a good way to give for above, but it makes sure that hypnotist is placed with an association. 10. It does not use artificial fibers against his skin, as nylon, to poliester, viscose, satén, silk. Pegúese to the cotton. More on this down. 11. Clear of the ox of ointments of the acne. Too cremoso and too oily. Alkaline ones are also being dried. If its skin is any thing like mine, is grasienta with a base of the dry skin! They said to me that it had dry skin when she was an adolescent but it has the dryer whereas I have older. He is th of the soap

duluxdog:

i've read the first and page 9-12...so far i haven't figured out why it doesn't work...? did you have personal experience with this regimen?

Hello, long time lurker (almost a year now), first time poster unsure.gif

This is going to be long and drawn out, but I have had considerable success with a method close to this and don't think people should be so quick to discount it--but would also like to say that it probably is not for everyone.

A little (or a lot of) history:

I am a 24 year old female who had fairly clear skin up until a year ago; I would get a whitehead here or there and would worry about it if I had enough time on my hands, but would usually forget about it once I left the house. I usually had a tube of BP around the house but my life didn't revolve around my condition.

Out of nowhere, seemingly, I came down with two gigantic cysts right next to my nose. They were huge and hurt quite badly, and I had never had a cyst before so to me this seemed like severe acne (looking back now this is laughable). So I piled on some standard 10% BP cream but they weren't going away as fast as I wanted them to (christmas break was coming up and I didn't want those things on my face for family photos) so I did an internet search and found this site.

People seemed to have great success with the SA and BP wash regimen, I started on that--but this was a big mistake for me (here's a tip for some: Don't use medication on areas where you don't have pre-existing acne tongue.gif ). The duo irritated my skin VERY badly and I ended up getting cysts on my cheeks--a place where I had never broken out prior (whenever I had gotten any zits, they were usually in my T zone or somewhere along my hairline). Needless to say I was devistated: I went from having a couple of cysts next to my nose to having about 10 to 15 on each side of my face. From there it turned into a downward spiral--I was very impatient and would switch regimens on a weekly basis, overwash my skin, and obsessed about my condition almost 24/7. This obviously did nothing but hurt the situation, and at the time it seemed that BP would cause more cysts (or irritate my larger zits into becoming cysts...is that even possible? That's what it seemed like was happening) but keep the whiteheads away and SA would not prevent whiteheads but also wouldn't promote cystic acne.

After about a half a year of this, I finally got fed up--somewhat due to financial reasons as well. I stopped frequenting this message board on a daily basis (I still come back though from time to time and check out the forum though--especially the one for red marks laugh.gif ) and started doing absolutely nothing (I'll go into the details of what "nothing" consists of below). Over time the cystic acne went away (I think that's the only real non-prescribed thing you can do with a cyst, is wait for it to go away) and the larger zits and whiteheads subsided as well.

Something I would like to stress:

I do not believe that I am predispositioned (for you geneology fans) to severe acne--much less severe cystic acne--, but I believe that this state was due to overwashing and overtreating.

My basic "regimen" (if you can even call it that) is washing my face with water once a day; at night. I don't touch it at all, just run it under the showerhead (cold water, unless it's cold out in which case that's just too painful and I'll use tepid water instead. Yeah I'm weak, I know).

I have been doing this for about 3 months, and have seen a dramatic improvement, meaning: NO cystic acne whatsoever and an occasional very small whitehead a couple times a week or so that leaves very quickly (2 days max) so long as I don't screw with it. For the most part, these are very small; look more like white blackheads if that makes any sense but it seems that around "that time of the month" a larger one might come up.

I still have quite a few redmarks on the sides of my face (these seem to take a longer time to heal for me) but quite frankly, after what my face looked like almost a year ago I really don't care at most times. If I'm having an "insecure day" (hey, I'm human and it happens) I'll just use a very light powder that doesn't conceal so much as it does fade the redmarks. I never used to wear makeup before my breakout and even during my breakout and when I started to, I did it was never heavy--I can't stand the feeling of all that stuff on my face. Days I wear makeup I use just regular soap (I hear this is horrible for your skin--but it really don't seem to bother mine but I guess I would reccomend using whatever non-medicated cleanser you're using now?)

I have to say that I sincerely believe my complexion now is better than before my breakout, when I would use various facewashes (st ives apricot scrub was a big fave of mine) and now that I just ignore any zit I get it instead of popping or picking at it the redmark that remains leaves within two weeks.

I'm a little miffed about the handful of icepick scars that the cystic acne on my cheeks left, but even those seem to be improving over time (although I, mostly from reading the boards, doubt they'll fill in entirely)--but overall my complexion looks a whole lot better w/o any topicals--BP especially.

I'm well aware that this solution will not be right for everyone, and if you have a regimen that works then by all means stay with it. But to the nay sayers, I ask that you don't nay even though it does not work for you. Everyone's skin is different and will react different to all of the methods (including this one) as can easily be seen from reading this board. If there was a 1 solution fits all way for treating acne then it would hardly be a problem. My personal belief is that perhaps this method can make some people's moderate acne mild, and other's mild acne non-existant; that maybe by freaking out over the few spots you have you're doomed to get more...?

I KNOW I JUST WROTE A NOVEL...but I would like to close on some humble advice (and this goes for everyone, regardless of their regimen).

Even when my acne was at its worse (my brother, totally innocently I might add, asked me if I had come down with chicken pox tongue.gif ) I never missed a day of school, or let it prevent me from getting at least my errands done (admitidly though, if I didn't have to leave the house I most certainly would have prefered not to--almost no one is immune from self-pity me thinks) If you look people in the eye, have a good sense of humor, and demand respect they will have no choice but to respect you; otherwise they're just jerks mad.gif

and we don't care about jerks now do we ? smile.gif

Don't let temporary marks permanantly wreck you life--I know how hard that can but just...just stay away from mirrors and try to be focused on whatever it is you do during the day. If you need to stay in and feel sorry for yourself every once in awhile then hey, do just that, but I see people on here that are dropping out of school etc...and that's really depressing. Stick with it guys.

Good luck to everyone, I'll pop in and out every once in awhile when I'm doing my internet rounds if anyone replies/questions to this (or even reads it tongue.gif ) but quite frankly I enjoy my lurking status. However I sort of felt like it was my duty to speak up in this thread just in case it might help...someone at least.

My skin is not 100% perfect, i still get an occasional white head here and there, but it's 99% (if you don't count the redmarks) and I would like to stress THAT NO ONE, MUCH LESS MYSELF, CARES ABOUT A HARDLY NOTICABLE WHITEHEAD G'night everyone (and sorry for any spelling/grammar errors, it's getting late and I don't feel like running this through a spell check. I'm lazy and just sort of spit this out before heading to bed )

(edited for a sentence that didn't even make any sense...I had to read it over. OMG i'm through now I swear!!)

HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM: Ive stopped reading that thread after i saw he was on mino and he was also scrubbing his skin,i highly doubt he stopped using cleansers etc because someone on any oral medication has this subconscious desire to wash with soaps etc (believing that this will heal him 2x faster than only the medication)

givemebackthatjar: That was some 5mins wasted there reading all that tongue.gif.I believe noone is predispositioned to cystic acne,we have 2 sets of identical twins in our school and in the one set both have mild acne while in the other one of the sisters has moderate acne while the other none.BTW my bro gets 1 zit/month and he yesterday took a long hot shower and guess what? today he has 3 red bumps.

J. Baker:Microscrubs are BAAD i remember using this exfoliating cleanser a week before starting this experiment and i would brakeout every time i used it.

Update: Well my skin isnt that much different than before..my nose is still oil free,my cheeks are getting better but my chin is still kinda crappy.

Btw if you havent already, watch dawn of the dead,its a great movie.

HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM: Ive stopped reading that thread after i saw he was on mino and he was also scrubbing his skin,i highly doubt he stopped using cleansers etc because someone on any oral medication has this subconscious desire to wash with soaps etc (believing that this will heal him 2x faster than only the medication)

givemebackthatjar: That was some 5mins wasted there reading all that tongue.gif.I believe noone is predispositioned to cystic acne,we have 2 sets of identical twins in our school and in the one set both have mild acne while in the other one of the sisters has moderate acne while the other none.BTW my bro gets 1 zit/month and he yesterday took a long hot shower and guess what? today he has 3 red bumps.

Well my seems to be going due to this thread and every day my cysts get alot smaller than the day before. The only downfall is im getting a bit of flakiness around my face, but that dont concern me much.

For anyone who is sceptic to alex's method, you obviously havent tried it for a couple of weeks. I don't think its human nature to wash your face, i doubt cavemen did.

HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM: Yes i still get pimples,and i say pimples because thats what it is..my active acne now does not even classify as acne,i had SEVERE acne 1 month ago.I doubt that anyone even on accutane got this kind of results.If you dont want to do this dont do it,but please dont try to persuade yourself (cause thats the only person listening you here) not to do this just because you're a wuss afraid to go against the "protection" of your modern creams and crap.Maybe im totally wrong about this,who knows,but the point is that i actually try new things.I face my problems,i dont hide behind my finger with lame excuses.If it is my fate to have acne ill deal with it,but i wanna make sure that i dont have acne because of my own mistakes.

edit: About my "nugget of wisdom",guess what everybody thinks when they get their oral stuff(antibiotics,tane).."Yeah they are finally here,bye bye acne","The derm cant be wrong im going to get clear for sure",This is step 1..after 1-2 weeks of no results.."Ok im gonna speed up stuff..ill just wash 4x every 3 hours" OR "ill use bp and sa mix 5x during the day so ill fight the acne both ways,from inside and outside"..believe it or not ive read atleast a dozen of threads of ppl doing this.