Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAlmighty

An Experiment (Long)

so, i been reading this site for about a month but i finally stopped being lazy and made a username. n-e-w after reading this thing I am mad bc i just bought tons of bottles of B5 cuz I was convinced it would work after reading about that one stupid study.but, i think that doing NOTHING might really be the answer so I'm gonna start trying it, however I will probably also keep on the B5 since I have it now. the only thing is i dunno how i will deal wit the whole makeup situation, any chicas got any suggestions??? i work in an office every day and i feel much better when i wear makeup to work!!! less self conscious ya know.......

thanks in advance 4 ur help

this is a pretty un-hygenic way to go to remove acne..

but hey, if it works, it works.

just wear a lot of body spray or something.. no shower for 3-4days will not go unnoticed...

just wear a lot of body spray or something.. no shower for 3-4days will not go unnoticed...

You can shower, just don't get your problems areas such as the face and back wet... just wash your ass and balls, armpits, and stuff.

Guest Poker-Butt

You can shower, just don't get your problems areas such as the face and back wet... just wash your ass and balls, armpits, and stuff.

lmao ...love it :)

i started doing this regimin a week ago. so far its all good but it is still oily.

Now, lemme see if I've got this straight: you stopped washing your face a week ago, and now you're wondering why your face is still oily?? Okaaaaaaaay......

Bryan

bump because i seriously believe this helps acne

i'm not going to lie, i didn't stop washing and taking showers all together..

HOWEVER, instead of washing twice a day I wash once at night, sometimes every other day. My skin looks a lot healthier, whether it's ebcause of less irritation or not, I don't have much active acne anymore so I can't vouch for that part.

Well, I can now say that doing NOTHING isn't the cure. However, I don't really wash my face anymore--what I've found helps is just using the Proactive 2.5% BP twice a day and avoiding any type of cleanser on the face. Basically, it causes a lot of peeling and seems to really control the breakouts. The only problem is the peeling is a bit excessive, and

So what seems to work best (at lest for me) is using benzoyl peroxide and NOT washing the face. There's really nothing you can do to prevent your pores from clogging, but BP will kill the bacteria and prevent the actual breakout response itself...hopefully long enough for your skin to naturally unclog the pore (though I'm not sure that's possible...)...or perhaps the peeling will remove the clog.

So what seems to work best (at lest for me) is using benzoyl peroxide and NOT washing the face.

That worked for me.

Update on this: My skin has really sort of leveled out...aside from one huge zit on my nose (where I get one once a year or so), everything else is status quo...it's really the red marks and the slow-healing blemishes that are still around.

So to recap:

1. I don't wash my face

2. I use benzoyl peroxide...and get this...once per day. I've cut down on it because I found twice a day was overdrying it (I use the Proactive Solution 2.5% formula)

Old regiment

Cetaphil in the morning during a hot shower, usually 15-20 min shower

Cetaphil with Jessexfoliation at night

100 mg x2 of Minocyclin a day

Result, no active acne, but ruddy complexsion, breakouts if regiment is not followed EVERYDAY!!

New Regiment

Cold, 3-5 min shower in the morning. Clean my body with any regular soap, let my face get a little wet. Then while its damp I apply Cetaphil moisturiser.

Every other night I Jessexfoliate with Cetaphil then moisturise while damp. On "off" nights I just splash cold water on my face and moisturise while damp.

I went cold turkey on the Minocyclin, and started taking evening primose oil which also contains vitamin E.

Result, AMAZING complexion, no active acne, and if I forget something it doesn't matter. I could go three days without washing and I barely get oily (primose oil takes care of this).

I suggest EVERYONE who is frustrated devote 2 weeks to this regiment to see how it works for you. I had results within 2 days.

Conclusion: ANY WASHING OVER ONCE A DAY IS HARMFUL FOR YOUR SKIN AND RESULTS IN BREAKOUTS

So Alex, you're not washing your face with water or anything? I asked my friend (who has clear skin) what does he use to wash his face...he said "Nothing"

So i'm also gonna be with you on this.

Well, doing it his way might help at first, but after a while for me, it came back and got out of control. I think the initial benefits are because you kind of shock your system...and perhaps some of the benzoyl peroxide is still in your skin, keeping the bacteria somewhat in check. But once it all wears off, they are free to multiply at an alarming rate, and there's really nothing to stop the actual acne-causing process.

Well, doing it his way might help at first, but after a while for me, it came back and got out of control. I think the initial benefits are because you kind of shock your system...and perhaps some of the benzoyl peroxide is still in your skin, keeping the bacteria somewhat in check. But once it all wears off, they are free to multiply at an alarming rate, and there's really nothing to stop the actual acne-causing process.

no

good try though

so interesting.... my boyfriend's been telling me to try this all along, but I've been kinda SCAREEEEEEEED... so conditioned to mistreat our bodies, etc etc that leaving it to its own devices seems almost a SACRILEGE

plus what about the approx $200 I've spent over the past 6 months ALONE on face crap, that will end up sitting around unused? almost an effing tragedy.

also alexalmighty, how old are you? if you're a teenager, this might not apply to a 27 year old like me

also, what's the deal with masturbation? who said that it caused acne??? how odd...

so interesting.... my boyfriend's been telling me to try this all along, but I've been kinda SCAREEEEEEEED..

A perhaps safer, halfway approach is to minimize the washing but keep using a bacteria fighter such as B.P.

This worked for me.

Washing really doesn't do you any good...at least it doesn't do ME any good. I don't wash anymore and just use benzoyl peroxide once a day. My face has really improved since then, although I've still got about a thousand redmarks and/or scars.

yea thats what pretty much happened with me. My acne got better but the red marks were killing me so i went back to washing once. Still getting good results, but im also using a washcloth everytime to get rid of flakes n red marks