Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAlmighty

An Experiment (Long)

So i was sitting infront of the mirror looking my crappy face and i was wondering when did all this started,i went to the bedroom and relaxed..i wanted to know when and under what conditions my acne started.I knew it wasnt bad food,masturbation or genes cause my bro is fucking fat and i know why he locks himself in his room everynight (and he is clear)! tongue.gif.So i tried to remember,i know it all started with some blackheads on my nose..and then it hit me like a 2ton boulder,back then my mom told me i should shower everyday and wash my face,something i havent stopped doing since.That moment i thought of my bro who takes a shower twice a week or less,i was like wtf?.I puzzled a little bit more and came to the conclusion that we dont fight acne logically,and what i mean by that.Its a fact that sebum oil causes acne,and that oil is produced to keep the skin moist etc,humans are a highly adaptable species,and so if we dry up our skin every 5-6 hours or whatever our bodies will learn to respond faster,so producing huge amounts of oil in short time.

So i did a little experiment,i didnt shower or wash my face for 3days and 3nights.

While simultaneously eating huge amounts of sugars,fats and masturbating 3 times a day.At this point most of you will say that that was a BAAD move.By the end of day 2 my face was almost dripping oil..i had to resist washing it,i did brake out 3 times with about 5-6 whiteheads each time BUT by the end of day 3 they ALL healed,some were healing in 12hrs or so.All the red marks were fading etc.So fast forward to day 4 (today) I took a shower in the morning,i turned the shower head so the water would come down in 1 uniform stream (cause i believe all that high pressure and multiple streams dry your face).I washed my face with only water and without touching it.I still have oily face but its getting better and i intend to shower like this once every 2 days until my face gets to a point where it stops producing oil.I know this type of "cure" is radical but who would believed some decades ago that penicillin would actually be bacteria smile.gif.

My dogs skin gets crappy too if it takes more than a bath/week.You know what they say less is actually more.

Topicals never worked for me,they didnt even make it worse.Anw for the last 4 days the only thing that has touched my face is occasionaly my hand to check how much oilness i have (usually i touch my nose or chin) and some water this morning,nothing else.Im 24hours a day covered in sebum but if you compare day 2 with today the change is noticeable,also today i started going back to my normal diet and tomorrow ill stop masturbating.Comparing how oily my skin is now 7 hours after my last shower to how oily it was 7hours after a normal daily hot shower with soap on face etc the difference is HUGE,i can go as far as to say that ill be having problems with dry skin in a couple of weeks.

Its the end of day 4 almost:Whiteheads are dropping FAAST,i had 5 this morning now 2 smile.gif.On the bad side i got a big cyst on my chin but its going down.I dont feel my face oily anymore and redmarks healed 20% or more in 10 hours.I will start supplementing with vit A.C.E starting tonight,ive stopped masturbating ( 10 hours ago smile.gif ).I think this is crazy but its working!. Next update wednesday after my next shower. (in 38 hours).

DOWN WITH SOAP,DOWN WITH TOPICALS,DOWN WITH ACCUTANE,GO SEBUM.

See ya. smile.gif

**UPDATE**

My skin has almost normal oilness but the aftermath of the initial brakeout is horrible...My t-zone is almost non-oily ,my chin and cheeks are going ok but my temples are still crappy (fortunately i dont have alot of acne there).I was surprised that 48 hours since my last shower i didnt feel my skin oily.Usually after 8-9 i would be swimming in sebum.Anw next update on friday.

Yeah, I was just lurking arround this forum (just found it) and I read your post. Yeah man, this seems like a great idea. I've decided I'm going to try this experiment for myself, because I want to see if it works firsthand. I take alot of showers, its true. And I always notice that it is much worse after I take one, for the rest of the day. So, if you want I can post my findings as well. I'm going to take baths to clean myself, and not mess with my face. I really think this could work. I mean think about it, can you seriously see people in ancient greece or somthing with acne? It doesn't seem to make sense to me. and I have noticed in the past that my acne is better when I don't wash my face. I've also thought that maybe the reason we get too much acne is just that we mess arround with it way too much. I'm not going to throw in the whole masturbation/eat fatty foods thing though. I mean, I eat fatty foods but I'm skinny as hell anyway. And I'll probably masturbate just cause it feels good. Also, note: my acne isn't really that bad, but enough to make me a bit self concious about it. So yeah, good luck, and I hope this works.

Well im going to tell you a little secret...my face hasnt been this good for months tongue.gif.I also found out that when i sit at the pc for 2-3 hours my face gets really oily.Soap or cleanser hasnt touched my face since 2 fridays ago (i shaved once though).Im gonna have to learn to shave only with cold water.On the masturbation subject im on day 10/60.

weird...every now and then, when i wake up..it does kinda feel oily, but looks ok. I always wash my face and it feels amazing, but it seems to bring out the spots..even just a wash with water. Im not gonna wash my face tomorrow...i might be with you on this. I agree, i think once we get one spot, or a couple..we go mad trying to get rid of them and this aggravates our skin (even if it feels good to wash). But, wouldnt this have been tested out in labs etc? Maybe this is only for hormonal acne...as apposed to serious stuff. Ie, the first kick of acne causes you to go mental...leave it and maybe it may return to normal.

Then again, ive got a m8 @ uni who showers like 3 times a day...stupid, but his skin is completely clear.

Patrick

Ooh, by the way, i do believe it takes something like 7 days for a spot to fully emerge? So a couple of days to become obvious...just think, the pore has got to fill up with puss before it pushes to the surface...so hold on to your horses over the next few days...good frigging luck, if it does work..im right behind you. Cheaper too ;-)

Patrick

Your friend though may wash his body only?Ask him if he scrubs his face with soap and what kind of a temperature he uses. Soap dissolves oil,which is the bacteria food.But p.acnes cannot be killed that easily,so it moves into the glands and eat oil right after the glands produce it.The sebaceous glands are connected to the bloodstream,kaboom white blood cells arrive,they kill the bacteria and their "corpses" pile up as pus.A zit has been formed.

I've been "on" this for 2.5 weeks now and each day im getting better.My oil is about 40% of the oil i would have 5 hours after a shower couple months ago.

I've been "on" this for 2.5 weeks now and each day im getting better.My oil is about 40% of the oil i would have 5 hours after a shower couple months ago.

I wash my face too much, 3 times a day i cant help it. Im thinkin about using moisturiser though, surely that will have the same effect after a while as going without washing as the skin wont produce oil as its already there?

Hi AlexAlmighty...

I just came across your little experiment...and this is such a coincidence..!!!

YOU ARE RIGHT ON...!!!

I have been busy painting my house..I usually wear make-up...but since I was painting I didnt ....I got up and washed my face in the morning and by noon my face felt like it was dripping with oil....Eeeew!

By 11pm I was tired..and went to sleep without washing my face again..(I usually wash it 3 times a day..so this was kinda gross for me..but i thought what the hell ..I am just going to get up and paint again anyways...whos lookin..LOL) unsure.gif

Day 2...I got up, surprisingly, my face was not really that oily...so I went back to working ...by PM my skin looked like it had a more "even" color...

and it wasnt oily!!! ohmy.gif

Day 3 ...The few breakouts that I had are gone!!! Red spots gone!!!

and the oil has diminished about 75%!!! No new breakouts!!!

I couldnt believe it!!! ohmy.gif

I thought that this was really strange...how could this be???

Until I read your posts....I am not alone...and I now I know I am not crazy!!! LOL

Today.. I DID wash with soap in the shower...I put my make-up on

and my skin looks better than it ever did....WOW!!! bb_eusa_dance.gif

I am just wondering how I can wear make-up and do this to..??

I HAVE to wash it off...maybe if I cut my washing with soap to only once a day..

I guess that would be better then 3 times a day...

I think I just answered my own question...duh..LOL

Any suggestions for us girls who wear make-up.....?

and I hope it is not "dont wear any"...LOL tongue.gif

smile.gif Thank you ..!!! Vanessa

pooratbest: What you dont seem to understand is that when you wash off the moisturizer everything will be back again as it was before you put it,the number of bacteria cannot be lessened,you may do it but only temporary.1 cell can breed millions in hours and it also can feed on your skin.And no it is not that stupid to "eat" moisturizer and "die" it will just ignore it and just when you wash they will move into the pore to eat fresh sebum and trigger an immune system reaction (because the hair follicle (which does not host a hair most of the time) is connected to the bloodstream).I think im gonna sit down and write a .txt explaining all this tongue.gif

ps:Well my nose is actually on the dry side now tongue.gif .My chin is like 70% less oily than before,my forehead 80-90% less oily than before.I dont touch my cheeks though alot but i havent got any cysts for a long time now tongue.gif

Brighteyes: Well i was gonna say dont wear any but it seems you beat me to it..Well you can use small amounts and make a very thin layer,remove it after with a cotton ball and alcohol ,not soap (yes alchol is better than soap),soap dissolves oils and thats not good.

pooratbest: What you dont seem to understand is that when you wash off the moisturizer everything will be back again as it was before you put it,the number of bacteria cannot be lessened.

I think the key to this issue is to keep your pores filled, ideally with your own sebum. So when it comes to removing make-up, one should try to come up with a method that remaves the make-up without stripping the oil out of your pores. If this proves impossible, maybe one should immediately fill their pores with something, either moisturizer or emu oil or BP gel, anything that will keep the body from plugging the empty pore from within to keep out bacteria.

If the whole idea was to just fill the pores we could put alot of stuff on our skin,the point is to fill it up with sebum oil which is renewed constantly which is very important cause it keeps bacteria on the surface etc.

If the whole idea was to just fill the pores we could put alot of stuff on our skin,the point is to fill it up with sebum oil which is renewed constantly which is very important cause it keeps bacteria on the surface etc.