Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rooo

After accutane more persistant acne

Hello,

I´m now 24 years old.

Before I was 20, I would have some pimples on my face that would appear all of them in 1 or 2 days and then for around 10 days no new pimples would appear. With some BP and SA I had it under control. Lot of times my skin was flawless.

When I was 20 I started suffering chest acne so I went on accutane. It didn´t resolved my chest acne (I still have it and I´m desperate) and it made my face acne worse because the pimples would not appear all of them on 1 or 2 days but started appearing almost every day. For example, before accutane 10 pimples would appear all in 1 or 2 days, after accutane the 10 pimples appear through all the week. This makes it really harder to fight the acne and to have skin clear days.

It´s like before accutane I had like specific breakouts and now it´s more persistent and constant.

Also after accutane I had to start using special cleaners and soaps because my acne gets much worse if I use regular soaps.

I have noticed some positive changes with diet what has brought up the question if accutane maybe messed up with my hormones (insulin maybe) or something in the digestive system making me intolerant tosome foods.

Any thoughts about this issues?

thanks

man terrible terrible idea to go on accutane when your skin was mostly flawless

terrible decision from your derm to prescribe you that! do you live in america?

theres this bar soap with 10% bp that i use for my body acne and it works wonders its called like panoxl something or something like that