Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wenwen02

My left side of the cheek develops series of papules

I have never got acne this bad before. I'm 18 years old female and I've had acne before but it wasn't this severe. Two weeks ago, my left cheek started to have a one small pimple then slowly the area around it became inflamed and now I have like 4 papules surrounding the pimple. They are really hard and hurt to touch. I wish I could do something about it but I can't go to dermatologist since it costs too much. I already try benzoyl peroxide every night on the area but it doesn't go down at all. My self-esteem really goes down because of this. I even upload a pic of it in here for you guys. Please help me before my whole face gets destroyed :(

hiya, I have exactly the same problem at the moment. I think it is the cold weather that has made mine come out?

Mine broke out at the start of December, and about 2 weeks in i just went to the doctors, and he prescribed me duac.

This was a massive help to my spots, in the past week or so, the redness had reduced, however new spots are still forming. I hope these spots will stop forming, as college starts in 2 days! :(

Hope this helps. x

hiya, I have exactly the same problem at the moment. I think it is the cold weather that has made mine come out?

Mine broke out at the start of December, and about 2 weeks in i just went to the doctors, and he prescribed me duac.

This was a massive help to my spots, in the past week or so, the redness had reduced, however new spots are still forming. I hope these spots will stop forming, as college starts in 2 days! :(

Hope this helps. x

yeah I think it's because of the cold weather. my skin has always been really bad around winter time. I first broke out around my chin area in november and now everything is healed (I still have one or two spots left) but I still have dark spots leaving behind. And now my left cheek is having those red spots which I find really unattractive on me. I have tried aspirin mask and baking soda mask and egg white mask but it seems like new spots are still forming while the red spots on my left cheek are still there. If they didn't go away by this week, I'd have to spend all of my money to go to dermatologist :confused:

I wonder why the cold weather makes us brake out?!

I broke out on my chin and cheeks both at the same time, which is a bit bad :( Cant you just go to the doctors and get prescribed something, see if that works which would be a lot cheaper?

My spots on my chin have also almost stopped forming on my chin (touch wood!). But on my cheeks they keep on coming, but i have loads of red marks which i hope willl fade?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I hope the cold weather is the reason why my cheek has so much acnes now. It's not normal to have hard and red lumps like this since I don't think pimples can be this hard :( Also, I've been taking birth control for 4 days now but it doesn't seem like it's helping my acne at all even though it stops the chin acne.

The acne has got worse when its got so much colder, because I went to St Lucia in October, came back, was fine for 2 weeks and then it all started! So i think it must be the weather change?

And ive never heard of birth control to treat acne! Maybe you need something to actually put on your face?

what are you doing at the moment?

Yeah about 6 months ago, I moved from Seattle, WA to New Orleans, LA and literally which are two vastly different climates and when the weather began to change down in the south (get slightly cooler) my face started going crazy and still is. So I do agree that climate/weather change does affect my skin. I'm still trying to restore the balance.

grrr, i wish our skin wasnt so sensitive! such a bad thing to have. I go back to college tomrow, i dont think i can face it :(

I wonder why the cold weather makes us brake out?!

Doesn't make me brake out in fact it's the best time of year for my skin.

Right now it's the best it's looked for a while. The summer is what does me.

right now i'm just using 10% benzoy peroxide on the infected area but it doesn't seem like it helps at all. the area is still inflamed and red :(

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Yeh i think it must be the climate, and also i stopped exercising over christmas time, i play a high level of sport so i am usually exercising and wanted a brake and couldnt train or play because of the snow! so do you think this would have brought out my acne, not exercising?

Im just going to the library at college now at lunch, no no one can see me! :/

It must just be different in everyone! why cant we all have the same skin, and one cure for acne! :( i just cant stop thinking about it 24/7, is that what you are like?

And you want it to get better so bad, you cant stop looking in the mirror, im so impatient! :(

Yes! i hate the face that we can think it will go away in 2 days, and ive been thinking it will ever since it broke out!

Isnt your skin different on your body than it is on your face, alot thicker?

And question..! Ive woken up this morning, and usually after putting duac on the night before and getting out the shower i am covered in dry spots all over my face. Today i didnt wake up with this, or there were a lot less, could this mean my skin is getting used to the duac, and might start to work? :o

If you're usually acne-free this looks a small bacteria invasion (which can be due to stress,...). Especially if it starts with one pimple and slowly gets worse from there. Try not to touch it (unless when cleasing your face and putting on Benzoyl Peroxide). The BP will do its work killing the bacteria, but it takes some time given they are very active right now (the sooner you start treating a small pimple, the easier you can tone it down). Just keep on applying the BP and eventually you will win this battle ;). BP can be very irritating on your skin, especially 10%. So dryness and peeling is normal for the product, but of course not something you want for your skin for a long time. For just this once you might handle it untill the bacteria are killed, but if you have to use it for a longer time consider applying 5% or 2,5% (maybe twice a day), which I believe has been shown to be almost as effective with far less irritation.

You can also consider oral antibiotics (minocyclin) but they take some time to work (weeks).

Edited by 20something20

Yeah I also think it's a bacteria invasion because the area around the pimple is inflamed and it causes more pimples surrounding that one pimple. I'm using the 2.5% BP of Dan Acne.org regimen twice per day now. I really hope it will help with the inflamed area.