Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dont you ever miss:

-being able to look straight into the mirror without having to breakdown and cry?

-being able to lay your face in fresh grass without the fear of future spots that may come and infect more of your face?

-being able to cry and not having to worry that those tears running down your face wont come and wash off newly applied medication

-being able to go to bed after a dirty day without having to rush to the mirror beforehand and spend slavery hours washing your face

-being able to let someone pinch your cheeks or place their hands on your face without worry

-being able to watch a movie and not become envious of all the clear face people

-not having to lie to your friends why you cant go out tonight

-taking your skin for granted

-being able to make eye contact with others

-being outside

-having a solid hope for the future

-dont you ever miss the days when you didnt cry yourself to sleep

/:

- cuddling and snuggling with the opposite sex

- getting a job and the job interviews

- hanging out with ur friends and not having to worry about their friends not liking you bc of the way ur face looks

-not having to worry about being made fun of because you have acne

but most of all i miss being able to be myself.... because with acne its almost like ur already lower than the rest and have to impress right of the start (or so i feel)

And what you do about this? buy a bunch of chemicals and pray..

You can do all of these things with acne too,i was right believing acne is 90% psychological tongue.gif

- cuddling and snuggling with the opposite sex

- getting a job and the job interviews

- hanging out with ur friends and not having to worry about their friends not liking you bc of the way ur face looks

-not having to worry about being made fun of because you have acne

but most of all i miss being able to be myself.... because with acne its almost like ur already lower than the rest and have to impress right of the start (or so i feel)

You also missed out:

- not having to worry about people staring or examining your skin whenever you go to university and your skin is at its worst.

- not having to worry about the lighting in the room or sunlight, desperately hoping that it doesn't enhance the scars and spots on your face and make them more noticeable.

i miss being able to look at a mirror under the brightest light and being happy with myself. Hm. That was around the age of what? 7?

Ive honestly forgotten what its like to have fresh clear skin. Ick.

So uhhh.......I'm having trouble figuring out what the problem is here....

You guys are all saying that you can't lay in the grass, or snuggle with someone, or watch a movie because of.......................?

Acne? Naw, I don't think so. The moment you think you're weaker than others because you can't have the same experiences as them is the same moment you tell yourself you're not human.

Being inhuman, or subhuman is not something that is caused by acne. People who are subhuman are the fuck ups who Shoot people in the head for no reason; the people who embezzle millions of dollars so that they can benefit from it, or the real jerks who critique others because of their appearance.

We're real people; free and unbound by the constraints of what they take for "granted." You give them their arrogance, and they give you their pride.

THis is the life that has been handed to us, and there is nothing that should stop us from seeing that it is the best it can be. If you want to lay in the grass, do it. If someone wants to rub your cheeks, let them. If you want to live your life climbing the walls of anxiety, then go right ahead. If you think of all the things you miss right now, then think of how much you'll have missed out on during the best time of your life ten years down the road because you were afraid of your appearence......

i miss being able to look at a mirror under the brightest light and being happy with myself. Hm. That was around the age of what? 7?

Ive honestly forgotten what its like to have fresh clear skin. Ick.

So uhhh.......I'm having trouble figuring out what the problem is here....

You guys are all saying that you can't lay in the grass, or snuggle with someone, or watch a movie because of.......................?

Acne? Naw, I don't think so. The moment you think you're weaker than others because you can't have the same experiences as them is the same moment you tell yourself you're not human.

I miss all of the things mentioned, but most of all i miss having a girlfriend. knowing that it will take a miracle for me to have a girl again is the worst thing for me

a girl kissed me on the cheek today, and all I could think of was: shit, did my skin get flaky? are there any streaks from the BP on my face?