Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoLo83

stress and adult chin acne

I am aware that there is a link between stress and acne but is it possible that my chin acne is stress related?

I'm just not sure whether stress can cause acne on only one area of the face. I had read previously that chin acne was hormonal but could it be simply stress?

I'm 27 and have been quite stressed lately- this has only been made worse by my break-out which, in turn, has caused me intense stress, particularly as I have never suffered from acne in the past.

Hey there LoLo83! It is possible for stress to cause acne in one centralized area if that particular area is where you predominately get acne. If you get acne in multiple areas and now it's all of a sudden centralized to a certain area, it's most likely due to excessive irritation to the skin in that one area. Remember that irritation is one of the main culprits of acne, so make sure that your affected areas remain untouched and free from any excessive rubbing, poking or other unnecessary touching. As far as stress goes, as Dan says, "...we can almost always overcome moderate or light stress with the right acne care." Hope this helps!