Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

I've been using tretinoin on my face for the past 4 months. I was looking in the mirror today and noticed hair is starting to grow on my forehead itself. Then I googled a bit and found out tretinoin actually causes hair growth? Does anyone have any experience with this? My doctor never told me this could happen and I'd be pretty bummed if I had a beard on my forehead.

Hi guys,

I've been using tretinoin on my face for the past 4 months. I was looking in the mirror today and noticed hair is starting to grow on my forehead itself. Then I googled a bit and found out tretinoin actually causes hair growth? Does anyone have any experience with this? My doctor never told me this could happen and I'd be pretty bummed if I had a beard on my forehead.

[/quohttp://www.acne.org/messageboard/style_emoticons/default/eusa_dance.gifte]

Hello fellow nederlander :P ,

I've been using tetinoin for the past 3 months and I haven't noticed any hairgrowth (O_O). I have also read reviews from other users and there was no one that mentioned hair growth by tretinoin, if I remember correctly. So I'm not sure. Perhaps your doctor has a solution? Or try some sort of hair removal if really gets bad? Good luck :)

Hi guys,

[/quohttp://www.acne.org/messageboard/style_emoticons/default/eusa_dance.gifte]

Hello fellow nederlander :P ,

I've been using tetinoin for the past 3 months and I haven't noticed any hairgrowth (O_O). I have also read reviews from other users and there was no one that mentioned hair growth by tretinoin, if I remember correctly. So I'm not sure. Perhaps your doctor has a solution? Or try some sort of hair removal if really gets bad? Good luck :)

Yes I grew lots of weird hair all over my face and it made my eye lashes grow too... It completely ruined my skin.. I don't reccomend tretinoin at all

I'd like to see a picture of this side effect.

I've never heard of such a response to Tretinoin. I've heard of hair regrowth... but I've never heard of Tretinoin growing hair in random places.

When you looked it up, you found it to be used in hair regrowth. Not as a side effect.

Anyway, talk to a doctor.

Hi guys,

sup guys just a dumb med student here but maybe i can clear things up a bit. i'm pretty sure it does not cause hair regrowth. you probably read an article where it was being used to help rogaine do its action. the tretinoin will cause skin turnover and let the rogaine penetrate ur scalp more and really get in there. so you see tretinoin can't cause hair regrowth! it can possibly help rogaine get deeper in your skin thats all.

you were probably examining your skin like a mad person and saw a follicle and freaked out.

before you guys freak out in general ...ask your doctor! look at the side effects on the box or the info thats in the box! if its not listed then you are safe! if you can't get an appointment with ur derm in time then call or email.