Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Silver fillings cause acne??

How many of you have silver fillings in your teeth? If you do, how many? How bad is your acne?

I have 2 fillings and moderate acne.

Im gettin my mercury fillings removed in two weeks. Im not doing it really for acne, but rather for other health benefits.

I have heard that metal in your mouth can cause toxity in the body, but what about a small piece of metal wire mounted on the back of your teeth (don't know how to describe exactly) to keep your teeth in position, because you have had a brace once? Can that do any harm?

Keats, ive read braces are bad. You can check out curezone.com . On the top it has a Tooth link. It then lists 4 forums. You can post in one of those to fine out more.

Mercury can also interfere with zinc metabolism. Since our bodies use zinc to produce natural accutane, or 13-cis retinoic acid, that's two other ways it could cause problems.

Keats, I have that darn wire retainer back there too. I spoke to a dentist and he said that it's supposed to stay on ....forever. Just keep using that special flosser ;-)

Keats, I have that darn wire retainer back there too. I spoke to a dentist and he said that it's supposed to stay on ....forever. Just keep using that special flosser ;-)

John, if you are concerned or curious, you can always have blood tests to check for elevated levels of candida and mercury, also.

yeah, if only there was a special flosser that cleaned your teeth and cleared your skin.... ;-)

It's for people who have a wire retainer welded in the back of their lower teeth. It looks like a plastic needle, and you put the thread through the hole and put the needle in between your teeth and then pull the thread out so you can floss those teeth properly. The metal bar makes it hard to floss properly so we are supposed to use those to help us. ;-)

If you want one, the brand I have is by Butler Gum.

Anyone who truly sees any acne/metal in mouth connection is on drugs; sorry.

And not wearing retainers is a great way to make your investment go down the drain.

yeah, if only there was a special flosser that cleaned your teeth and cleared your skin....  ;-)

It's for people who have a wire retainer welded in the back of their lower teeth.  It looks like a plastic needle, and you put the thread through the hole and put the needle in between your teeth and then pull the thread out so you can floss those teeth properly.  The metal bar makes it hard to floss properly so we are supposed to use those to help us.  ;-)

yeah, if only there was a special flosser that cleaned your teeth and cleared your skin....  ;-)

It's for people who have a wire retainer welded in the back of their lower teeth.  It looks like a plastic needle, and you put the thread through the hole and put the needle in between your teeth and then pull the thread out so you can floss those teeth properly.  The metal bar makes it hard to floss properly so we are supposed to use those to help us.  ;-)

I want it because I have 2 crowns in the back of my mouth and I feel like they don't get clean enough because they are difficult to reach in flossing.

I wonder if this special flosser would help??

I don't think there is such a thing as a pure silver filling. There's always a mix of metals but a lot of it is mercury. I'm trying to find the journal article right now but I believe that it was shown that over 50% of the mercury in the fillings of people that had them over 5 years was gone(something like 60-70% after 7 years). Of course it went into the body and unless you have eaten certain foods like cinlantro or have had it chelated by a doctor, the mercury is still in you.

Also we have zero tolerance for this metal so any amount will have negative effects. And if it's leaching out in your head as it's been shown you know that it's going to affect you badly. The fillings have a bad rap for a reason, that's why many countries in western euope, asia, and oceania(I believe Australia and New Zealand prohibit this) don't allow metal almagam fillings anymore. PLus they suck when you eat somethign cold like ice cream.

I would like to add that a bill was passed in the early 2000's that will make silver almagam fillings illegal to put in new patients by 2006 in the United States. Also the Swedish gov't has also banned these fillings and has advised the whole EU to ban them as soon as possible(many already have as I said above).

i just went to my dentist last week and asked about amalgam fillings. he said that there IS mercury content in the fillings which is why it makes people uneasy about them. mercury does bleed into you skin and even in the tooth where it comes into contact with nerves.

have you heard of "mad hatters disease"? people used to make hats and coated them with mercury. when the consumer wore his hat, some of them became crazy. it was not until later that they realized mercury had diffused into their heads.

if you do think that your fillings aren't good for you, you can always have them removed. its not a feasible feat for everyone, i know, but some people have claimed this helped to clear their acne.

The problem is that those metal fillings are cheap and very durable. I've had one for 18 years and it's still in good shape. Ceramic and gold fillings are a lot more expensive.

unhealthy teaeh can be linked with bad skin...i only had one cavity as a kid up till i was 20 but my teeth/gums got royally messed up in just ONE year after perftect dental health because of hypothyroidism caused by soy and of course my acne was bad then too....if you have no dental probs and your skin has some acne the acne may have some other cause or probably mostly genetic but if other things like your teeth suddenyl get bad and it coincides with your skin look for an underlying illness. that was the case for me..my teeth are still pretty damaged but as for new danmage, i had only two cavities in the past six years

Ahh, actually amalgam fillings aren't really that much cheaper, if they aren't the same price (insurance helps). Plus they are reported to expand over time, thus cracking teeth. Not to mention the amount that leeches out into our system, due to our saliva interacting with it.

Sam: That's probably not true. I recently got some silver amalgam fillings removed that I got when I was about 10, and it's a known fact that they do expand and contract, splitting and cracking teeth. Not only did I have a cavity to deal with, which was the original purpose of the filling to begin with, but I then had to deal with cracked teeth as well...which means about 1,000 OUT OF POCKET for crowns..... mad.gif

You might be shocked when they actually replace the fillings one day. Your teeth might be fractured or cracked. My dentist said that this is quite common. Besides, they have composite fillings now, not gold or ceramic.

Composites don't have the same effect. They do have some bad materials, but not nearly as bad as mercury.

You should read the link I put up. I can put up another link to a site where a guy describes his terrible battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He had raging candida that he could never control with diet, Nystatin, etc....until he removed all of his fillings. I've met lots of people who had terrible candida problems when they got several fillings (the more fillings, the worse the illness it seems).

I havn't had a cavity in at least 10 years. I think I've had 1 in 20 years. I don't get them, thank goodness. But the 4 silver mercury amalgam fillings I had I believe effected me terribly. I know that I tried tons of things to control my candida and it was always a losing battle. It wasn't until I got out 3 of the really huge ones in the winter that I finally got clear. Of course I was liverflushing and bowel cleansing too. I needed to do all of that in order to really get my acne under control.

Great link; this is the guy who battled CFS and terrible candida problems:

http://www.cfspages.com/