Notifications
Clear all

Regimen products in Canada!

MemberMember
(@ontheroad)

Posted : 12/31/2010 7:55 pm

Hi I live in Canada and have found a fairly cost effective plan following the Regimen (which has worked better than anything I have ever tried including accutane).

I have bought all these products at Shoppers Drug Mart under the Spectro Label

The Spectro Jel (purple bottle) $10

The Spectro AcneCare Benzyl Peroxide 2.5 $8

The Spectro Hydra Care Moisturizer (purple bottle) $14

I have followed the regimen using these products and it's easy because they are all made from the same supplier, and it has been amazing.

The moisturizer and cleanser should last 3 months, the BP about a month

I have found it's good to replace BP after a month anyway, because it starts becoming ineffective.

I know allot of people on here have intense regimens using coppers and vitamins and special moon dust lol. I have found this to be the easiest and most effective and not to expensive.

Good Luck everybody and feel free to message me if ya have any questions!

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 01/01/2011 12:31 am

Moved to the Canada Regimen Supplies board. ; )

MemberMember
(@channie)

Posted : 02/10/2011 1:40 pm

Hi!

I live in Canada too - so this is great to find! I've seen Spectro Jel at the drugstore, but never tried it.

Just wondering about the moisturizer - is it thick or heavy?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@dave-from-canada)

Posted : 12/30/2011 6:22 pm

I have tried Specro Derm sensitive skin cleanser (green bottle) but found it very slippery/sticky feeling and hard to wash off. Is the Spectro Jel/Purple bottle much better? I have been using pHisoderm mostly over the past year if that is anything to compare it too.

MemberMember
(@zhfac)

Posted : 01/08/2012 1:22 pm

I have tried Specro Derm sensitive skin cleanser (green bottle) but found it very slippery/sticky feeling and hard to wash off. Is the Spectro Jel/Purple bottle much better? I have been using pHisoderm mostly over the past year if that is anything to compare it too.

Get the Purple bottle, it's all I use and I've never had a problem.

MemberMember
(@mrsuitntie)

Posted : 12/13/2012 2:15 pm

I def agree. Man I feel lucky that I live in Canada, since these products are only available there. The cleanser is the BEST cleanser hands down, the moisturizers is one of the best, if not the best. I did not know they sell BP and I will give it a shot.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/11/2013 12:58 am

I never had any complaints when I used the Spectro cleanser or moisturizer. The purple bottles work well for most people. I know the 480mL/16oz cleanser is about $10, which is also the price of the Acne.org cleanser. The moisturizer, however, was sold in smaller quantities and was therefore somewhat expensive compared to Cetaphil or Acne.org.

The Spectro benzoyl peroxide was not for me. I bought a bottle of the stuff once when I ran out of Acne.org bp. It dried white and patchy all over my face. My cheeks felt hot and itchy all night, similar to the feeling I had when I was first starting on bp. I didn't finish the bottle, I guess I still have it. It must be formulated differently than Dan's bp, because my skin let me know that it was not pleased.

MemberMember
(@agentpeach)

Posted : 11/14/2013 9:33 am

I know this is an old thread but I'll comment on it never the less.

I used SpectoDerm as well for a year and liked it in general, however I don't find it helpful on the Regimen. Because it's slippery, I had to scrub too hard to get it all off, though the bottle says it can be just wiped off, though I've never done that.

It's not specifically Regimen but I was prescribed BenzaClin (available in Canada). It's 5% BP and 1% clindamycin. I just discovered this thread so I'll look for the 2.5% Spectro BP and give it a shot, though it's probably cheaper for me to thin the BenzaClin down because my insurance covers most of the cost.

Has anyone been prescribed a 2.5% BP? I haven't been able to find one.

For Moisturizer I'm using CeraVe which is easily available. Also available, and commonly discussed is Cetaphil. All available at Shoppers Drug Mart.

MemberMember
(@starviolet)

Posted : 11/14/2013 7:11 pm

I used SpectoDerm as well for a year and liked it in general, however I don't find it helpful on the Regimen. Because it's slippery, I had to scrub too hard to get it all off, though the bottle says it can be just wiped off, though I've never done that.

It's not specifically Regimen but I was prescribed BenzaClin (available in Canada). It's 5% BP and 1% clindamycin. I just discovered this thread so I'll look for the 2.5% Spectro BP and give it a shot, though it's probably cheaper for me to thin the BenzaClin down because my insurance covers most of the cost.

For Moisturizer I'm using CeraVe which is easily available. Also available, and commonly discussed is Cetaphil. All available at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Wow I'm sorry but those Spectroderm products are terrible and have a God awful scent to them and burn on contact with the eyes (at least for me). They had a sale on them at Zehrs so I bought the cleanser and a moisturizer and hated them both so much I returned them. I wou;ld stick with the Benzaclin and If you're looking for a good cleanser I suggest neutragena.

MemberMember
(@agentpeach)

Posted : 11/15/2013 3:05 pm

Wow I'm sorry but those Spectroderm products are terrible and have a God awful scent to them and burn on contact with the eyes (at least for me). They had a sale on them at Zehrs so I bought the cleanser and a moisturizer and hated them both so much I returned them. I wou;ld stick with the Benzaclin and If you're looking for a good cleanser I suggest neutragena.

Cool I haven't tried the Neutragena one. I didn't love the scent either but was making do as it seemed that it was the so called best product for acne prone skin. It's interesting how so many products are way better but marketing got the best of me.

MemberMember
(@melaa)

Posted : 08/03/2014 9:27 am

This is great! I am going to try! Just wondering if anyone has found a Canadian replacement for the GLYCOLIC ACID 10% (AHA), and the JOJOBA OIL???

MemberMember
(@liquidice19)

Posted : 08/13/2014 2:42 pm

This is great! I am going to try! Just wondering if anyone has found a Canadian replacement for the GLYCOLIC ACID 10% (AHA), and the JOJOBA OIL???

You can get jojoba oil at any health food store.

MemberMember
(@vietanbu)

Posted : 04/07/2022 11:58 am

Sorry for the BP from the Spectro brand, how many mL is it please?